My Long and Bumpy Journey

redleopard

Well I apologise in advance if this is a long and probably really dreary post. I joined slimming world at the end of November. I’ve had a very bumpy journey so far and I feel like I need to start this diary to give me something to help me keep going.

2 days after joining my dad passed away after a long battle with cancer. My mum wasn’t coping too well so I’ve been very involved in the all arrangements and sorting everything out. I also have a beautiful baby girl, who is now 8 months and is the best thing in my life. She has helped to get me through the last few months, but as I’ve had to return to work last November, it’s also been difficult trying to juggle everything and fit everything in, and I feel pretty much exhausted right now.

Since joining I’ve had my dad’s death, funeral, followed by Christmas, then my dad’s birthday and scattering of ashes, then I’ve been away for a fantastic week with my husband and baby and my birthday. All in all I’ve found it really hard to stick with the plan and whilst it may sound like a long list of excuses, but I have really struggled.

I’ve continued going to my meetings as even although I haven’t really been able to stick to it, I know I will comfort eat and if I hadn’t been going I would have put on a lot of weight. Up until the week before my holiday I had managed to maintain my starting weight, which might not sound like a lot, given the circumstances I was quite pleased. Last week on holiday I managed to gain 5.5lbs, so now I’m well over my starting weight and feeling very defeated. I know exactly what I did to gain the weight, there were lots of treats, puddings and glasses of wine, so I do know exactly where I went wrong.

To make things worse the woman that weighs at my meeting was really rude to me about it, and I walked home in tears wondering whether I should even bother carrying on.

The problem is my weight is now the highest it’s ever been and it’s starting to give me health problems. My blood pressure has been really high, and I am really struggling with problems with my back and knees. My weight, combined with everything else that has been going on means that I am feeling really low.

I know I need to keep going because I need to be fit and healthy especially for my amazing daughter who deserves a fit and healthy mummy. I have to make the effort to make this work, so hopefully recording this diary will help to keep me on track. I know I have a long and bumpy journey ahead of me I just need to get past the first few steps.

Hi hun, hugs.

I can't see your start weight as I'm on the app but believe me there will be people on here the same weight and higher and it can be done. I dont know what the answer is to getting our minds in gear and really going for it, I had it then lost it and I'm struggling and feeling like you too! But I know that its a mental thing dieting so surrounding yourself with positive influence like these boards is fab and it will come. 5.5lbs is nothing in the scheme of things. Keep writing in your diary and work out the best way forward for you and your lifestyle. I'm sorry you have had such a tough time, dont give up lovely x x x x

Oh p.s the woman who weighed you in should be ashamed of herself and I think you should let your leader know. Really out of order, don't think that is usual or ok for sw. X

Thank you jayde1148 it's really nice to have some encouragement and to know I'm not alone in feeling like this. You've done really well.

I'm not too sure about how to post my weight or stats or anything, I've never posted before, so this is all very new to me. I've never had the confidence to post anything before, but I knew I needed to do something yesterday.

I was thinking of phoning my leader and talking to her about the lady that weighed me, but I don't like to make a fuss or feel like I am getting her into trouble, even although I know she deserves it.

After a good nights sleep I'm wondering if it's actually been a good thing in a way as it's made me very determined to do this, so I can go to my meeting with my head held high when I step on the scales next week and show her!

I've been very good today, I've not had any syns yet, apart from a splash of milk in a cup of tea, and I even managed to get out into the garage on a the very dusty treadmill and go for a very slow walk with a couple of 1 min jogs mixed in. It doesn't sound like a lot but for me it's a real start. I know I can do this and I need to make it work!! :D

Sounds like a great start! Well done. The journey is a long one but we will get there hun! I hope your class is better next week x

Back