My Loss = My gain and His loss -new hair photo added

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
Well of course it will be my gain I have SO much to gain from losing weight
and as for his loss - NO I wont be leaving him but a new wardrobe, including a few pairs of killer heels, will SERIOUSLY dent his bank account (and yes he does know)

so I have been on the site on and off for a few years now and have become a serious serial dieter and this just has to stop
I did want to do a vlcd but cant attempt that for at least another 7 weeks due to major surgery - but a healthy eating plan I can do

I did SW many years ago with great success I got to target - then my lovely lovely consultant died and I could not take to the woman (who was at least 5 dress sizes bigger than a bmi of 25 would be (she was the same height as me and was the same size clothes as I was when I started)
so not just her NOT looking the part but her attitude when she tried to amalgamate her group (which was small) with the larger group I belonged to

Then due to a variety of factors
stopping smoking
anti depressants
worsening arthritis and accompanying lack of mobility
bilateral pulmonary emboli and heart disease (again lack of mobility)

the weight went back on

so today I have phoned a consultant not in my town - I got her answer machine :):)
I will be joining her class with a friend and hopefully she will get back to me Before the class time of wednesday at 9.30

so why do I think I might be more successful this time

I am doing a plan that I have proved works for me
I will be doing it with a friend
I am off anti depressants for the first time in years
my heart has fully recovered
I have recently had a total left knee replacement so I hope slowly I will be able to increase exercise

I know the plan has changed much since I last did it - then there were only two plans to follow original and green
I will as I did then only do green days as I am a vegetarian

I used to eat so much free food and my healthy extras that I often didnt have all my available syns not wanting to eat for the sake of it so this time I will use them in cooking in allowing oil etc and even oven chips

quorn products have changed much over the years so they could be synned now - obviously I need to wait to get access to the books and website when I join on Wednesday - I really wish it was now so I could start

so today will be spent scouring the website for meal ideas for green days
so if you have a favourite green day meal please post it here so I can start some planning :):)

all and any help is most welcome

H xx

Hello again - I found your diary! (Well, that much is obvious...)

So glad you have decided to start again at a new class. It really doesn't help when you don't 'click' with the consultant does it? I'm loving my new one. She is very positive although quite straight - says it like it is which I like. And she knows the plan inside out having been a consultant for around 20 years! Also, she has maintained her weight loss which is motivating - my last consultant had more to lose than me which depressed me.

Doing it with your friend will be such a boost for you. That was another reason I switched classes. The first one I went to (a whole 2 times) I went on my own. This new one I attend with my mum and 2 sisters which is lovely. And I know a few at the class too - didn't realise they even went to SW!

Anyway, all the best for Wednesday. Would love to support you along the way seeing we are starting at the same time x

thanks for my visits
I am sure I could do with all the support I can get :):)

really looking forward to getting to know you better and to swapping ideas
H xx

well so far I have more support from you (thank you) than I have from the consultant
I tracked her down on FB as she has a group on there for her wednesday class and left her a message and the phone message and I have not heard back - I really hope she is on holiday and apologies when she gets back as this is not a good start - cant you tell I a waiting to start this plan
it has changed so much since I last did it and I know my old books will be so out of date that the syn values will not be the same (foods change over time) so will just have to try to eat in a healthy fashion
S and I have decided to still go to where the class is held tomorrow and just see what happens - if it is the group consultant I will expect an apology for not getting back to me if it is a stand in then that will answer the mystery of her not responding

well today I am in bed with a bag of ice on my replaced knee and just had some toast (DH made it before he went to work) and will take a few pain killers shortly
I had a really bad night last night and was awake a few times reading
I know it was because I was up and down the stairs yesterday - today my DD is supposed to come round at some point so I think I will take a short walk round the block with her and hope that eases the pain a little not sure if it is inflamed and swollen it does feel quite warm
I am off to the doctors tomorrow afternoon so will have a word with her about the rate of healing which I was warned would be slower than average due to the fragmin injections to ensure I dont get clots

right off to read a few diaries and food threads for ideas :)

Hi, great news that you have decided to rejoin, at another class. You have done so well! with stopping smoking and taking anti-depressants, they are major hurdles to overcome; so losing weight should be a breeze for you.
There are loads of recipes on here that will help you - check out Pete's recipe book, I found some really good ones there, I'm sure they could be adapted for veggie meals.
Some Quorn products do have syns, if you have favourites you could put a post on the SW syn values thread.
If you need any help please ask
Good luck with your first class
Tina

Im.not ready to stop smokin yet :( im focusin on my weight first. I hope group is ok. Went group last night and wasnt that great. I moss my old consultant from when i was in essex.

The plan has changed a bit.. Not that much theres still red n green and those are the same but u can also do extra easy whoch is the 2 days togwther pretty much. Xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

Im.not ready to stop smokin yet :( im focusin on my weight first. I hope group is ok. Went group last night and wasnt that great. I moss my old consultant from when i was in essex.
Oh it took me ages to be ready for giving up the smoking
I lost the weight and then was enjoying life and a very good friend of mine had a breakdown
she lived in Norfolk in a farmhouse 2 miles from the nearest neighbour - she stayed with her parents for a bit (it was christmas time) and her kids were enjoying it at Gradmas but they also needed to be back home
so DH and I packed the car on the boxing day evening then on the next day we got the dogs and did an early start to norfolk
E lived in a huge farmhouse with an annex - her parents had left the key to the annex and the house at the local pub :) and so when we got to norfolk about 9.30 am we went and fetched the keys did a quick vacuum of both places stuck flowers out and lit the fires and put the heating on
her parents then brought her and her kids home
she had threatened suicide so needed to be watched carefully and as she didnt smoke I used that as my opportunity to give up I stopped smoking the min I hugged her and she told me I stank - being with her for 9 days meant I had broken the habit - my lovely daughter had washed curtains and cushion covers put out lovely cinnamon and orange room scents and that was it DH didnt give up but would not smoke around me so that too helped

so pick your time when your brain is in the right place you will be able to do it and I can tell you it is easier than losing weight :):)

I am starting to think about my meals as from tomorrow

when I was last on slimming world stock cubes had to be synned
in my cupboard I have marigold stock powder and vegetable oxos and some vegetable stock pots (knorr)
I am going to use those with a packet of quorn mince and mushrooms grated carrot and onions to make a cottage pie I will use a celariac and potato mash on the top
I will have a mushroom omelette for lunch fruit and ff yog for breakfast
hopefully all that will conform as I want to do the mince mixture today so I am not stood in the kitchen for too long standing for long periods can make the new knee really ache and I want to avoid that if I can :)

I am a tight size 18 now and would love to set an interim target of being an easy 16 for Christmas - if so I will buy myself one dress for the party season

I am really starting to look forward to this plan I feel really ready for the journey ahead
right off to look for the diaries of other vegetarians :):)

I AM NOT A BIN

so I have just emptied the fridge of foods I wont want to eat
creamy pasta sauce - fresh pasta and nice garlic bread - some chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies I made yesterday - kept some for DH
and some rachels coconut greek yog these items have been gifted to DD who has just bought some shopping in for me :)

so even if the class is cancelled tomorrow due to holidays I will be able to at least make a token start

Go you woooo hooooo

The greek yogurt muller lights are 0.5 syns each n r yum. Just had one lol

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

Good luck with the new class H :D

Hope today goes well :)

Girls thank you
I am really going to miss the rachels yog its just the best
I will check the ingredients of the muller greek yogs as the muller lights have gelatine (dead pig) in them and I dont eat meat so will most likely have total 0% greek as that is lovely and its also a live yog so I feel a bit better for me

last night I just could not get to sleep - I so wish I could have said it was due to excitement/apprehension about joining a class - but sadly no it was due to pain
for some reason even with my usual 200mg tramadol and 50mg diclofenic I was in so much pain so I brought out the codrydamol and had a couple of those as well
I really dont know if this is normal for a knee replacement but this week I feel I am going backwards not forwards
But my DD is going to take me to a docs appointment this afternooon so I hope to find out then

so without books I will have

total greek ff yog and strawberries for breakfast

mushroom omelette for lunch

dinner will be
cottage pie (recipe to follow)
with cabbage and green beans

then more yog and fruit for dessert with (if allowed 2x healthy B of milled flax seeds-if not I will have to get my fibre from elsewhere and take a flax oil capsule)

healthy A will be kara coconut mild substitute - I dont know if it is allowed but I will use it in place of skimmed milk - it has less calories and at least as much calcuim

recipe
1 carrot grated
1 red onion finely chopped
100g chopped mushrooms
1 handful peas or frozen mixed veg
I bag quorn mince
I stock cube
1/4 tsp mustard powder
mixed herbs
squidge of tom puree
fry light
small amount of instant potato (to thicken - I dont know if that is still allowed)

put first three items in a pan sprayed with fry light and gently cook through
add quorn mince and continue to cook for a couple of extra mins
add all other ingredients apart from instant mash

bring to boil and add enough instant mash to thicken

topping
boil prepared root veg of your choice
I like to use half celeriac and half potatoes but will be using swede and potatoes today
mash (I put mine through a ricer)
top filling and put in oven gas mark 4 for 30 mins to ensure warmed through
spray top with frylight and put under grill to brown top

this should serve me at least four meals but my DH would finish that in three meals

I will be making four small ones for me and freezing two of them

syns NO IDEA but all seem to be left so will have what I fancy for an evening treat up to 6 syns :)

now I have signed in for the morning I will get up have a bath get breakfast dress put slap on
stand on the scales right before I leave the house so I have an idea on how close my scales are to class ones then go and see if I can join a class this week or if I will have to wait

I will be back to let you all know later :)

so I have been to class and my weight was within half a pound to what I had on my profile - I am more than happy with that seeing as I was clothed and had had breakfast etc

I now have my books and access to the website

I am off to the doctors a bit later DD is going to drive me
I have constant pain in my replaced knee I feel sick and keep sweating I cannot say how bad the headache is - I have no idea if this is all connected or if it is a bit of a coincidence
I tried to get a swede (as I could not get a celeriac) and the small shop did not have that either so will get DD to nip me to morrisons after the Doctors (if she has time) and try there
apart from that meals are as planned for today
need to keep a check on the books and get planning for tomorrow

the consultant I phoned claims not to have got my message and not got the facebook one either ummm well I have just text her as she forgot to give me the food diaries for the green days and I handed her back the other ones so I am diaryless but I am sure I will survive - just be interesting if I get a response or not

so no real surprises for me apart from the amounts of healthy extras have changed slightly (looks like just rounding up from 28g to 30g etc)

so I will be spending this evening trying to plan for the week ahead I cant at the moment see any problems looming
DH and I are out Saturday so instead of eating out I will make us a picnic that way I will have full control over what I have to eat and if we find somewhere nice to stop enroute it will be lovely to have a picnic for the two of us - something we have not done in ages :)

Hope docs go.ok hun :( u sound so poorly x

Well Leeanne the GP took one look at the knee and she didnt like it at all so she phoned the hospital and I went there for the surgeons to look at
they think I have over done it a bit and caused a bleed into the joint but have also given me very strong antibiotics for 14 days as a safe guard - which is better than staying in for IV treatment that the GP thought might happen

I am so pleased to be back home I did throw a few things in an over night back before going to the hospital just in case - so glad I didnt need it

so there will be no body magic for me :) as tomorrow must be a day of rest

so having text the consultant this morning about 11.30 I am sorry to say she has not text back to say the diaries will be put in the post nor has she answered my facebook message (just in case she did not get the text) I dont think we will be getting on very well if her very poor manners dont improve

I will prepare breakfast tonight before going to bed (fruit and yog with flax seeds) so dh can bring it up to me for eating before medications then I have assured him I will be staying in bed till about lunch time :) (not sure I will stick to it though :) ) but will not get up before 9ish

so that is me up to date OH dd did get a celeriac so that is being cooked now with the spuds to top the pies off - I am now sat on the chaise while Dh finishes off the cooking :)

It's so lovely to read how well DH looks after you:D
Don't forget to complete that course of antibiotics will you;)
How is your crafting going?

Helen after the time we have been together I have him nearly perfectly trained
and after the shock of nearly losing me last year he is very attentive to my every need :) as I am to his
its like our marriage has a second wind

now its taken me most of yesterday evening several times awake during the night thinking and the last two hours to finally settle on food for today

breakfast
rachels yog 3syns
strawberries
banana
2dessert spoons flax seeds (milled after measuring) healthy B

lunch
dry fried mushrooms
Beef tomato halved and seeded
eggs (in tom shell) oven cooked
quron sizzling burger 1 syn
21g reduced fat cheddar (half health a)

dinner
free cottage pie (see recipe from last night)

225ml kara coconut milk substitute (other half of healthy a) used for milky coffee (maybe two small ones)

snacks
if I need them it will be fruit

it took me so long to decide on lunch and now I an quite looking forward to it

Can flaxseed be a b choice then?

so How long will it take to lose a dress size

when I first joined this site it was something on my mind so I did the following and made the following post

I suppose this is in the minds of many of us - when we will be able to buy smaller clothes

and for the blokes its when will I lose a waist size or be able to notch that belt one hole tighter

here are my thoughts on the subject
when in school I always say to the kids if in doubt try it out - so I did - here is my little investigation

When I started my journey I was approx 70lb over weight - so I found that my kitchen rolls have approx 70 sheets - anyone see where I am going with this yet

so the me I want to be is the cardboard tube - the sheets are the fat I want to lose

I have to date lost 12lb - so I took a new roll and took off 12 sheets (we will call this roll A)- when I looked at the difference between a new roll (the control roll) and the now 12 sheets less roll - I realised there was little difference -

so the next roll I took off 21 sheets (1.5 stone roll B) and compared them again
now between the control and roll B there was a noticeable difference but between control and A and A and B there was little difference

the next roll (roll C) I took off 21+14 sheets now the differences were becoming noticeable - and we are half way to my target
now the next roll (yes you guessed it roll D) I took off another 14sheets and the difference between roll C and D was quite noticeable and of course between D and control a HUGE difference

now the conclusion I have come to is this
the bigger you are (no offence to anyone here) the more you have to lose before it becomes truly noticable - eg in clothes size - the reason I think this is well its because - our fat cells are distributed throughout our body and the more surface area we have the thinner that 'top layer' so the less that first stone shows compared to that last stone

hope this makes sense to others and not just me
and then there is the internal fat that some of us get rid of sooner rather than later and that too might not show in a dress size

and yes I OBVIOUSLY have far to much time on my hands

I am sure you all think I am totally mad now - and have your own opinions on the matter - please do share

I am so glad doing a search I could find this post again as along this journey I will be needing to remind myself of the fact that I am losing (because my head is in the right place and this time its for ME) and it will eventually show and in fact the more I lose the more it will show so the first stone it wont show much but the last couple of stones will show quite rapidly :)

Back