My Mum

Chala1972

Hi folks,

My Mum went to get the tablets today as she wants to lose weight since stopping smoking. She is 62 years old and am really proud of her for stopping :) Now the nurse told her no more than 3g/100g and 67g of fat per day, is this because of her age do you think?

Doesn't sound right to me purely because I struggle to get 30-45 grams with 5gs/100! So I don't know how she'd manage to eat that much with so little in each thing. If tht makes sense? Lol

Your mum would have to eat a lot of food under 3% to eat 67 grams per day - would have to graze all day! Also very restictive.

Thats what I thought, am going to tell her to do the 5g/100g and 45g like i do, just wondered if anyone else had been told the same as mum. Thanks peeps :) x

If you look in the box, xenical says no more the 45g as the tablets cant cope with it. Think your mum's nurse has got the wrong end of the stick. Ignoring the fact that i was told to just avoid fat and that the less i had the bigger the weight loss. My dr would be happy if i had 10g of fat a day! She'd take me off them if i had 60g+ a day.

If you look in the box, xenical says no more the 45g as the tablets cant cope with it. Think your mum's nurse has got the wrong end of the stick. Ignoring the fact that i was told to just avoid fat and that the less i had the bigger the weight loss. My dr would be happy if i had 10g of fat a day! She'd take me off them if i had 60g+ a day.

Thanks chuck, have told Mum to just do what we are all doing on here, 5/100g 15g and 45g per day x

Back