My name's Kate & I'm a scalesaholic!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fingers crossed, 12 July 2007 Social URL.

1. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

Ok so I've got serious scales issues. Got to the point I even swapped the bettery with the one from the smoke alarm because I thought it must be duff!

I know its bad as weight naturally fluctuates throughout the day & day to day but I still feel I have to know!

Anyhow 9lb off week 1 of SS & not cheated once (although I did dream about eating bread & woke up feeling very guilty!) That makes 16lb in 3 weeks if I include my 2 low carb weeks before CD.

So anyone else who was a scalesaholic & has any tips to quit I'd love to hear from you!

FC

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    If you live with someone get them to hide the scales or give them to someone you know, then go once a week to be weighed on your scales at their house.

4. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Put them in the loft, boot of the car, someone else's house lol

Well done on the weight loss!

5. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

Diet:
    I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    I weigh myself everyday.... BUT I accept that somedays their are big variables....

Sometimes it can be strange to see a 2lb gain for no apparent reason... But I know it's my body's water so it doesn't worry me....

If I locked my scales up I would pine!

Mini likes this.
  6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Weighed myself twice a day when I was on the diet and I still weigh every morning having finished it 18 months ago now. It is important to weigh BUT as long as you realise that the scales fluctuate and hence looks at the results over weeks and not hours :)

Mike

Mini likes this.
  7. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    :sign0007: I'm a compulsive weigher too. Despite all the advice I've ever given anyone about not weighing, I can't stop myself from doing it. I think it's because, last year, I was on my CD 'golden time' - never waivered, never slipped and KNEW I'd have a reasonable result every week. So I didn't need to weigh to know things were happening.

Now I'm struggling big time and I can't believe that I'll ever see the numbers drop by any appreciable amount ever again ... so I 'keep looking'. I really think I've lost the plot!
    :sigh:

Mini likes this.
  8. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeah I must say i weigh myself every morning, sometimes before i go to bed too. Can't go a day without my scales!

I must say though they only give me a rough idea about how i have done cos my home scales are completely different to my CDC.

They do for me though, i know if i've lost or put on. Good preperation!!

Mini likes this.
  9. carebear1

carebear1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celeb slim
    I weigh myself about 4 times a day(maybe more) I know its bad but i can't help it and i hate it when it fluctuates. Doing this keeps me on a diet especially if it says the same.

its fluctuating so much today i'm buying another.

Mini likes this.
  10. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol I have to admit i weigh myself 3 times a day, but when I get on my scales it say i have lost loads, but when i get on my cdc scales i have not lost as much as i thought.

Mini likes this.
  11. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    [​IMG]

i to am a secret scalesaholic lol
    very obsessed with weighing myself
    every time i go to the loo i weigh

kaz :D

Mini likes this.
  12. fingers crossed

Yeay! Its not just me! I thought everyone else had loads of discipline & could weigh in just once a week. Thank you everyone for sharing your secret! Think I might carry on, just in the morning, to get my fix. I do fully understand that it fluctuates.

Thanks also to the kind people who gave me suggestions on what I could do with the scales. I think once I've finished I might smash them up with a lump hammer & just go off how my clothes fit. Until then... I'm a scalesaholic!

Mini likes this.
  13. rolo

rolo Full Member

I'm really bad, i weigh myself at least 4-5 times a day lol. I only get a rough idea though. Last week i thought i'd lost 7lbs but i had actually lost 11lbs by the cdc scales.

Roz x

Mini likes this.
  14. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Ok the million dollar question!! Has anyone weighed themselves, had a number 2 and then weighed themselves again!! ???

15. fingers crossed

lol Yes I admit! I've drunk water & weighed, taken clothes off & weighed, even taken my watch off to see the difference! Stops me eating though!

16. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    i used to weigh every day, but i've got it down to twice a week now, not to bad,

17. carebear1

carebear1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celeb slim
    Yes number 2 then weigh( number 1 also) maybe TMI but i like to do it in the nude so my clothes won't put on some.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.