My new diary, in here...

agee86

Hi everyone,

I started a new diary, although I put it in the wrong place. I'm not sure how to move it so I thought I'd post a link to it here >>> https://www.minimins.com/threads/my-new-diary.356529/ <<< and begin a new, in the right place :)

So, yesterday's dinner was the SW Meatballs and Pasta Iceland Meal. They're so handy those meals, and so tasty too!

I ended the day on 6 syns, plus one Ferrero Rocher (I don't know how many that is, but hoping it's under 9 syns!). Was really happy with myself.

Today:
Breakfast:
1x Egg
1x Slice crustless brown bread (part HexB)
Mushrooms
Tesco Rapeseed Spray Oil (1)

Lunch:
2x Slices crustless brown bread (rest HexB)
Wafer thin smoked ham
Cucumber
Skinny Latte Muller Light
1x tbsp light mayo

Snacks:
Apple
Strawberries
Celery
Peppers
Cherry Tomatoes
Alpen Light Bar (3)

Not sure what dinner will be yet, won't be synful though.

There is a pack of Christmas shortbread in the office, everyone is tucking in, but I am being good! I haven't touched one, and I don't plan to. I've left my Alpen Light bar in the car (as I have a tendency to eat all my food before lunchtime!), I might have to go and get it so that I can stay strong!

Wish me luck!

Look forward to following your journey!! :D Good luck! x

Thank you itsGCbaby!

Ok, so the shortbread was eaten yesterday... But not by me!!!! I was so proud of myself, I even took one out of the packet to pass to a colleague. Seems trivial I suppose, but it's a big step for me... Considering the amount I ate in the office before Christmas. Suppliers were coming in with chocolatey gifts which I was instrumental in polishing off!

Anyway...
Last nights dinner:
SW Iceland Meal - Chicken Saag
Ferrero Rocher (3 syns)

Finished yesterday on 12 syns.

Today (much the same as yesterday)
Breakfast:
1x Egg
1x Slice crustless brown bread (part HexB)
Mushrooms
Spray Oil (1.5)

Lunch:
2x Slices crustless brown bread
Wafer thin smoked ham
Cucumber
1x tbsp light mayo (2)

Snacks:
Apple
Grapes
Strawberries
Celery
Cherry Tomatoes
Alpen Light Bar (3)
Cadbury's Highlight Fudge Hot Choc (2)

I think today will be another smashing day! I'm really feeling motivated at the mo and just thinking about my holiday. I know it's gonna come round so quick and I do not want to be disappointed in myself as I was last year. I got to Tenerife and just felt so low about not losing the weight I'd promised myself I would.

I bought a little foldaway exercise bike yesterday (bargain from Tesco @ £50, plus all the reviews were good!) and that's being delivered today. Planning on 30 - 45 mins per day on that. I like cycling (indoors lol) and I think this will really help. It will also help that my boyf will also use it so it'll encourage me to keep using!

I also bought a food diary, from eBay (the seller is called TheCalorieClub) which arrived yesterday. I actually think it's better than the 12 week one I got from group all those months ago. There's separate Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner sections with free, speed, hex and syn columns. Although it only arrived yesterday, I filled it in from Monday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAD!!!

Someone bought more biscuits in... Luckily, I'm on the other side of the room, so I actually have to get up and walk somewhere to see them, but I know they're there!

They will not beat me. THIS will not beat me.

Not only have I got a holiday to come, my best friend has just told me her wedding date (was asked to be a Bridesmaid looooooooooong ago!), and that's about six weeks after my holiday (hopefully the tan will last lol).

I will look good in her pics and I will feel and look great on holiday!!!!!

Sorry for the random post, I thought I'd get it out on here to make me feel better, and it has!

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAD!!!

Someone bought more biscuits in...

haha I remember what a minefield working in an office was when you're trying to lose weight! Always someones birthday or leftover munchies from a board meeting being offered around or you're all working late, starving to death, and someone offers to go to the chippy! :rolleyes:

Oh it's just constant Wolf... I swear they do it on purpose! It's always the 'happy with my weight' crew too, the men especially. However, I am on my own sabotage mission today - not my diet but I'm the one who has provided the goodies. I got a really nice looking Prosecco Panettone from Aldi for Christmas. Realised it's got fruit in it (raisins etc) and I really don't like that sort of fruit, so I've bought it into work. It was here less than three minutes and someone cracked it open! Vultures! I was one of them, I'm a new person now!

So my exercise bike arrived yesterday. It's fabulous! Took us around 20 minutes to put together and it was really simple. It's not too heavy, about 15kg so easy to move around home. Also folds up for storage, so it really is great. For £50, I'm very happy.

Didn't plan to get on it last night, but then boyf was watching footy so I took it into the bedroom and caught up on some reality TV whilst using it. I did 30 minutes and did 11.3kms which I was really happy with. The seat will take some getting used to though!

Yesterdays Dinner:
Lamb Steaks
New Potatoes
Sweetcorn
Spicy Slaw (delicious!!)
Cucumber
Peppers

Ended yesterday on 8.5 syns.
Exercise: 30 mins/11.3 kms on bike

Today: (same as yesterday really, but will document for consistency)
Breakfast:
Egg
Mushrooms
1x slice crustless brown bread (part HexB)
Spray oil (1.5)

Lunch:
2x slices crustless brown bread (HexB)
Wafer thin ham
Cucumber
Light Mayo (2)
Muller Light

Snacks:
Apple
Grapes
Celery
Cherry Tomatoes
Alpen Light Bar (3)
Options hot chocolate (2.5)

Exercise: 25mins/9.2kms on bike.

This will be my fourth day 100% on plan and I'm still feeling really good about it!

I've also changed my weigh day from a Monday morning to a Saturday morning. I'm hoping this will help me beat the Friday night takeaways!

Thanks for reading :) x

Oh my goodness... I forgot to say. I've GOT to go out for lunch tomorrow! One of the girls at work is leaving so the 'ladies' in the office are taking her out to lunch. Nice, but I've been panicking about it for three days! Couldn't find their menu online or anything, in a proper sweat about it.

Anyway, as we only have an hours lunch break, the lady organising has emailed the place we're going to for a menu and is also pre ordering so that it's ready when we get there.

Phew! Not only can I have a 100% SW meal (syn free jacket potato & beans, no butter), I can't even look at the menu when I get there and change my mind (which I've done a plenty in the past!).

Aaaaaaaaand relax!

I'm good at doing this plan on having something check the menu out and think oh sod it hahaha

I actually don't think I've ever succeeded in this lol, gonna have to tomorrow as there's not going back now!

Sorry for the random pop in, but saw the exercise bike mentioned and couldn't resist! I am in the market for one and wondering which one you have/how you find it?

Hiya Sunshine :)

I have the V-Fit folding exercise bike. To be honest, when looking, I wasn't too sure what I was looking for because I'm an exercise equipment novice. I knew I needed quite a compact one because of room, but I also wanted it to be good. I was looking on Very and saw this one and checked out the reviews and they all seemed to be quite good. I then had a look on Amazon and it was £50 cheaper (although out of stock), and again, most of the reviews were really good. I googled it in the end and saw that it was on Tesco direct for £50 (plus delivery) and I just bought it... http://www.tesco.com/direct/v-fit-m...vtECFVKZGwodVdMA9Q&gclsrc=aw.ds&source=others

It's probably not great if you want an extreme workout, but for me it's perfect. I plan to only use it for 30-45 minutes per day. It has 8 resistance settings so the ability to 'work' is there. It's so quiet, I could've probably used it in the bedroom this morning with my boyf asleep and he'd have been none the wiser. I'm really happy with it. It's definitely a good bike for a first one!

Oh my actual god!

The girl at work is leaving so, she's bought cakes in. Someone else made cakes and bought them in. And, someone made a cheesecake! I'm gonna go and slap every single one of them!!!

Today is going to be actual torture!! The cheesecake is delicious (I've had it before, not today!) so how I'm going to resist that, I'm not sure. Luckily, I bought some 'free' snack in today and I'm going to be having quite a filling jacket potato at lunchtime so I should be able to. I just won't walk anywhere near the kitchen.

Last night.
Dinner:
Jacket Potato (1 syn for the spray oil rubbed in)
Spaghetti Hoops
Red onion
Yellow pepper
Cherry Tomatoes

Ended yesterday on 10 Syns

So happy I've managed to stay under 15 syns all week!

Today

Breakfast:
3x Bacon medallions
1x Egg
2x Slices crustless brown bread (Part HexB)
Spray oil (1)

Lunch:
Jacket Potato
Beans

Snacks:
Grapes
Alpen Light Bar (3)
Muller Light
Highlights hot choc (2)

As you will see, there is a distinct lack of speed in there. Tonight, I plan on upping that with a spag bol. I'll include lots of speedy veg and I've also got Boodles (butternut squash noodles) instead of pasta :) It should be takeaway night tonight so I planned this on Monday and have been looking forward to it all week!

I may not be able to update as much over the weekend so have a great one, I'll be back Monday... But it might be before, dunno ;)

Thanks for reading x

Good morning readers!

I hope everyone's weekend was good?!

I weighed on Saturday, 1lb off. It's not a lot but I'm ok with it as it wasn't a full week in between weighs. Next Saturday it will be so hoping for a bigger number.

I know I was on plan all weekend, although I can't tell you what I ate without my written food diary in front of me (memory is shocking!), so I'll just start again from today.

Breakfast:
Mushrooms (S)
Egg (P)
1 Slice crustless brown bread (Part HexB)
Spray oil (1)

Lunch:
2 Slices crustless brown bread (Rest HexB)
Wafer Thin Ham (F)
Cucumber (S)
Light Mayo (2)
Muller Light (F)

Snacks:
Celery (S)
Cherry Tomatoes (S)
Easy Peelers (S)
Apple (S)
Strawberries (S)
Grapes (F)

Dinner will be roast as boyf is off today so will be slaving in the kitchen all afternoon ;) he's under strict instructions for SW friendly though!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks for reading x

Just to let you know Hun if your using low cal spray oil frylight it's free . Noticed uv been writing 1syn. It's only the poured oil you have to count . Anything cooked with frylight is fine

Just to let you know Hun if your using low cal spray oil frylight it's free . Noticed uv been writing 1syn. It's only the poured oil you have to count . Anything cooked with frylight is fine

Hiya,

I haven't been using FryLight :( I'm not a massive fan of it as I find it gets quite dry in the frying pan etc so I've been using the Tesco Rapeseed Spray Oil, which is 0.5 syns per 5 sprays. It's proper oil, just sprayed, so it makes it a bit easier to work with with eggs etc.

I have asked the boyf to grab me some fry light today though, for stir frys n stuff, as I find the moisture from the veg is enough not to dry out.

Morning all!

Having a funny day today - I'm in the 'I'm NEVER gonna lose any weight' mindset.

I saw on FB this morning that one of my friends has lost a whole stone since christmas. Now, I know I shouldn't compare myself to others but come on, thats like quadruple the amount I've lost! I know I shouldn't lose weight too fast and I know slow and steady wins the race but, I genuinely don't see me reaching my target and that's annoying. It's not making me dive in the chocolate, but it's just like 'what's the point?'.

Anyway, food diary.

Last night:

Dinner:
Roast Lamb (F)
New Potatoes (F)
Carrots (S)
Peas (S)
Gravy (4)

Today:

Breakfast:
Muller Light (F)
Apple (S)
Strawberries (S)
Grapes (F)
8.1kms on bike

Lunch:
2 Slices Crustless Brown Bread (HexB)
Ham (F)
Cucumber (S)
Celery (S)
Cherry Tomatoes (S)
Muller Light

Dinner:
Spag Bol using:
5% Mince (F), Courgette (S), Onions (S), Peppers (S), Passatta (S), Mushrooms (S), Herbs & Spices (F) and Boodles (S)

Snacks:
Alpen Light Bar (3)
Options Hot Choc (2.5)
Easy Peelers (S)

I've decided that I needn't eat breakfast too early. I've been having egg & mushrooms on toast for the last week or so and by 10ish, I'm hungry (which is baffling). This morning, I laid off the early brekky and took my usual fruit salad picky tub and an extra muller light to work. I ate the yogurt at around 9:30 when I started to feel peckish, and then my fruit salad later that usual about 10 mins ago and I feel exactly the same as every other morning. So, as long as I keep it speedy, I think that will be my brekky going forward and I'll save the cooked breakfasts for the weekend (when I usually eat later anyway). There's no point in eating for the sake of it, just because the plan says I can. Plus, saves me a bit of time in the mornings so I can get my full 10kms in on the bike :)

Will hopefully be feeling better and more 'on it' tomorrow. I'm definitely focused, but disheartened that I've been doing this a whole week, and I'm not 3 stone light yet ;)

Thanks for reading x

Last edited:
Back