My new diet idea. Opinions please.

pogle88

Hi all,

So I've been dieting on and off to various extremes for all my life. I'm now 23, 12 weeks post baby, and weighing in at 19 stone!

My weight started at 23stone, I got down to 16 pre pregnancy. Put on 3 stone during pregnancy. Now I have to get back to 16 then keep going to around 11stone.
I lost the first 7 stone by going to the gym 3 hours a day and eating only a yoghurt for b'fast, lettuce and tomato salad for lunch and a small dinner including veg with fish/meat.

What do you think the realistic weight loss would be if I were to follow this again but without the gym?? Obviously I can't do that with a baby!

Any help would be fab.

Rosie and get soon to be shrinking waistline. Xx

You probably wouldnt be eating enough! Im following a similar diet but eat chicken at lunch time as well, protein is key to a successful LC diet. Try adding more meat and maybe some eggs if u dont want meat twice a day?

I think you will lose a lot the first week hen u may need to add some more protein to keep the weight loss going. You could add an egg to your salad. It oil keep you fuller too. Good luck :)

I think if you follow a proper lo carb diet like Atkins you will lose lots of weight fairly quickly and not leave your self nutritionally deficient. Please be careful, you have a new baby now to think of and you need to keep healthy.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Sounds dangerous to be honest. Not very healthy at all. A lot of weight loss on that would be muscle.

I'd recommend Atkins for fast losses but retaining muscle and health.

Last edited:
J2blue, pogle88 isn't pregnant. Her baby is 12 weeks old.

the thing to remember with low carb is that calories don't really count to the same extent. Your diet appears to be based around a low calorie content, less food and little or not fats. This is not how low carb is meant to work.

I would do the following:

Breakfast: two eggs cooked in butter or olive oil with some full fat greek yoghurt (watch the carbs on this)
Lunch: a salad with green salad ingredients. Avoid tomatoes which are higher in carbs. Add any type of meat, eggs or fish - use mayonnaise to up the fat content. or leave the fat on the meat.
Dinner: meat and veg - cook in butter or have a creamy sauce to get more fat. Keep vegetables to non starchy ones.

I doubt you will be hungry after eating all this - but if you want a snack try some cheese, sliced meats or similar.

I believe that avoiding processed meats is a good thing - but if you like them they are a good option for snacks as they can be kept cooked in the fridge for emergencies.

Good luck. Don't forget FAT IS YOUR FRIEND - don't worry about eating too much - you physically can't and it fills you up with minimal cals.

Hi there :)

Congrats on the new baby. x x I had a little girl in August. Are you breast feeding? If so you will need to eat a good varied diet and not limit your veg and fruit intake at all if your low carbing. I have lost nearly four stone by omitting one thing...grains. So I don't eat sugar, wheat, oats, rice or corn. I eat loads of protein, good fats and oils, dairy, seeds, nuts, fruit, veg and potatos. My diet is generally low carb. It keeps me full and quite energised. I drink around 3litres of water a day and also drink the odd cup of black or green tea. I don't actually go into ketosis but the weight has just dropped off. I have another 2 and a half stone to lose to get to goal so I am upping mine and bubs daily walks from one hour to 90 minutes.

Good luck on your weight loss.

Boo x x

DeliciousBoo said:
Hi there :)

Congrats on the new baby. x x I had a little girl in August. Are you breast feeding? If so you will need to eat a good varied diet and not limit your veg and fruit intake at all if your low carbing. I have lost nearly four stone by omitting one thing...grains. So I don't eat sugar, wheat, oats, rice or corn. I eat loads of protein, good fats and oils, dairy, seeds, nuts, fruit, veg and potatos. My diet is generally low carb. It keeps me full and quite energised. I drink around 3litres of water a day and also drink the odd cup of black or green tea. I don't actually go into ketosis but the weight has just dropped off. I have another 2 and a half stone to lose to get to goal so I am upping mine and bubs daily walks from one hour to 90 minutes.

Good luck on your weight loss.

Boo x x

Lost nearly 4 stone, so thought I'd check your diary see how this diet works. Only found a new thread in every section, even diet chef lol, glad you found something that worked. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What do you do at gym for 3 hours? What sort of workout?

Lost nearly 4 stone, so thought I'd check your diary see how this diet works. Only found a new thread in every section, even diet chef lol, glad you found something that worked. :)

Lol yep...like most people I have done all the diets and given up after a few weeks. This time I just wanted to eat lowish carb (as wheat and sugar make me feel so lethargic) but not cut out lots of veg and fruit...I needed lots of energy looking after a demanding breast fed newborn. The weight just fell off and I was too busy to get bored and eat all the time. Whilst I don't suggest having a baby is a great way to lose weight I do think finding something else to do when your feeling the urge to snack/binge was ideal for me. The diet I follow is my own I guess because it suits me and my lifestyle...that's probably why I am managing to stick to this one.

Good luck on ur weightloss

Boo x

Last edited:
newbie havent a clue what to do on here lol starting orlistat with low fat diet i have pcos and find it so hard to loose weight,i am blessed with 3 children but really need to move this weight well hello everyone looking forward for tips

lynnbrads said:
newbie havent a clue what to do on here lol starting orlistat with low fat diet i have pcos and find it so hard to loose weight,i am blessed with 3 children but really need to move this weight well hello everyone looking forward for tips

Have you had a look at the south beach diet which is a low GI diet, the most recent book mentioned success of some dieters with PCOS

Have a look at my myfitnesspal.com which is also a free phone app.. You put in your weight and height plus exercise level and it works it out for you.. It also counts cals

Back