My new lifestyle choice!

Gembear

I have recently started SW in the hope that it will be a lifestyle choice rather than a diet.

I thought it would be good to keep a blog of my journey for my own personal motivation so it doesn't even matter if anyone reads it lol.

I am a former Weight Watchers girl, I lost almost a stone on my first go at WW, then put it all back on when I moved in with my now husband. Cue WW attempt 2 to slim into my wedding dress for my wedding last summer. I managed to get down to roughly 9st 3lbs and felt amazing in my dress and on my honeymoon.

I didn't gain anything on honeymoon as I was swimming every day however once we got home the weight started slowly creeping on. I came off the pill last August and immediately gained 7lbs in the space of 2 weeks. Two miscarriages in two months earlier this year saw another gain of 5lbs per miscarriage meaning I had gained around 18lbs since last July :(

None of my clothes fit me and I feel as though I have 'let myself go'. I feel frumpy and unattractive and also wanted to lose the weight before trying for a baby again in the autumn.

I joined SW a few weeks ago and am currently on my third week of the plan. I am not finding meetings are working for me for quite a few reasons. Losing weight has always been a personal journey for me as I have always successfully managed it alone. Having other people involved has made me feel under pressure, embarrassed and demotivated. My home scales have shown I have lost 4lbs since starting the plan - the SW scales have shown a loss of only 1lb. I can feel in my clothes that I have lost more than 1lb in the past few weeks.

I have decided to stop going to meetings and 'go it alone' and feel much more motivated now that I am not dreading meetings and feeling inadequate only losing 1/2lb a week when I know I'm losing more.

This week has been a bit of a right off as I have been away this weekend staying with family and wouldn't dream of dictating meals to suit my diet. Starting again today with a clean slate and hoping not to have gained this week.

I am going to Zumba tonight and going to do some pilates today to try and get toned up.

My aim is to reach my goal weight of 9st 3lbs by my holiday in October but that is only 8 weeks away so I would be happy with 9st 7lbs which I feel is more doable.

I start back work next week after being off since April and have no idea how that is going to affect my weigh loss. I am hoping being more physically active will help me lose a bit more quickly but there is always the danger of biscuits and cakes in the staffroom etc.

I am currently doing Extra Easy, but throwing in a few red days to try and kick start things.

Today I am on Extra Easy -

My food plan for the day is:

Breakfast - Fruit and Fibre (HEEB)
Lunch - Chicken pasta with fat free fromage frais and red onion
Dinner - SW Lasagne (42g reduced fat cheddar HExA)

Syns - lasagne - 1.5
rosé wine - 6

I've run out of fruit and yoghurts as I've been away all weekend and haven't done my shop yet hence there being a lack of superfree snacks in my food plan today.

Didn't have such a great day yesterday but my shopping is now here so I have no excuse. Have lots of fruit, low syn snacks and water.

Planning on doing my exercise this morning to get it out the way.

My plan for today is:

Breakfast - two Alpen bar lights -hex B
Lunch -
Dinner - SW Macaroni Cheese
SW Eton Mess

Snacks
Melon
Activia fat free yoghurt
banana

Syns - Macaroni - 4
SW Eton Mess - 2.5
Total - 6.5

Hoping to get another 2lbs off by next Thursday, hoping to at least STS for my weigh in tomorrow.

Weigh in day today.
Still a bit confused with weigh ins as SW scales all over the place so taking it as a STS this week and move on and get back on the plan today!
Having the girls up tomorrow night and going for lunch with my mum tomorrow so have a feeling tomorrow will not be a good day but I think I just need to write it off, accept that I won't be sticking to it tomorrow but still 100% today and for the rest of the week and hopefully still lose 1-2lbs.

x

Well done on STS, and yes you are right, one day off plan won't harm, as long as you are good the rest of the week :)

Thank you x

Have had a terrible few days so far, not stuck to the plan yday or today (although I did stick to vodka and diet pepsi last night instead of wine to minimise syns).

I feel digusting and fat and really must reign this in. I was looking at photos of myself taken a few months ago compared to one hubby took of me today and my face has ballooned in a few months. I don't want to look or feel like this, I want to feel like myself again.

I want to enjoy a bit of time feeling confident and good about myself before getting pregnant again, if I get pregnant as I am now I will end up being enormous :(

x

Hi Gembear, just popping on to see if you're OK!! You haven't posted for a while and I was on our 'Hev & Bev's 12 week challenge' thread and thought of you!! Please come back!! It doesn't matter if you're struggling a bit, we just want you to get back on track and feel good about yourself and in control again!! There's nothing that can't be put right!! Big hugs XXX

And a hi from me too.

The whole point of minis is to make some friends on here who can help you when you are not having such a good day.

So get back on here and post - not just your food diary, but your thoughts too. These will help you to focus on why you are possibly struggling and help us to help you too.

Come back chica.

Back