My new theory on Mix 2 Max

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kevandju5, 30 September 2009 Social URL.

1. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have found for a long time that too many Green days or EE make me put on weight, so I always make an extra effort to include Red days and Superfree meals.

Recently I've been doing Mix 2 Max quite a lot. I love it cos it's really versatile and, unlike Extra Easy, you still get 2 HEXA and 2 HEXB.

I have recorded in my food diary how many Red/Green/EE meals I have had over the course of one week... I reckon SW is more effective for me if I have a higher number of Superfree or Red meals in a week than Green or EE.

Does anyone else find Mix 2 Max really good? I think a lot of people think it's too complicated, but as long as you snack on Superfree foods or HEX's, it's pretty easy.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cookieg

cookieg Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Will revist my books need a boost maybe mix and max will be it.

4. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I do an average of 2 mix 2 max days a week. I like having the 2 Heb's and Hea's.

5. cookieg

cookieg Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is mix and match when you have g and o on same day but at different meals?

6. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, each meal you choose Red, Green or Neutral. I generally have a neutral brekkie and one each of Red and Green for lunch and dinner. And then you get your 2 HEXB and 2 HEXA as well.

7. cookieg

cookieg Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks

8. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for reminding me of mix 2 max. I used to do this a lot as I very rarely eat snacks that aren't superfree anyway and like you I tend to do better on red days but feel like I struggle with B choices on red as I like cereal for breakfast but if I have a sandwich for lunch I have no B choice for tea. With mix to max I can have a green tea without needing a b choice but I might do better than on green alone as it limits all the excessive pasta etc that I think is whats stopping me losing as well on green.
    I really like EE but it does take a bit more thought as I can only have one B and if I use it on cereal I end up having a mainly green evening meal anyway.
    Mix to max is the best of both worlds really. I can never actually recall anyone at group ever mentioning they do Mix 2 max though. Everyone seems to stick to red and green.
    I too have been doing that, its funny I kind of forgot when EE came on the scene. I'll do M 2 M tomorrow now. Thanks!

9. craftylucyloo

craftylucyloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.3%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep I do m2m a lot and I am just starting to find out the same thing that I don't lose as much if I do all green or ee. I think it is my body is just so used to the plan being on it for so long - it now needs something different to give it a boost. I do green and ee at the start of the week then switch to m2m and red at the end of the week before weigh in.

10. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do EE and use 6 syns for an extra HEb, I hardly ever have 2 As anyway unless I'm having burgers for tea.

11. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, I try to do a Red or M2M day before weigh-in too!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.