My new trainers.......

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by flabbybumbum, 1 June 2009 Social URL.

1. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    .......gave me blisters:(
    Just returned from a walk that I had to cut short because the nike trainers I treated myself to have given me blisters. Suppose it's back to the battered old pair for a while:sigh:
    How can I stop it happening again? I'm really motivated at the moment, I can't do much in the way of exercise, being so big, but walking I can do. Having suffered from a bad back over the years, thought I'd be sensible and get a really supportive pair of trainers - and now I can't wear them!
    Oh, :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
    Ok, I'll stop now!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bax2

bax2 Member

I know how you feel, i too fall victim of buying new trainers or walking boots and go for it only to later find i have no skin on my ankles.

Best advice is to just wear them a bit and break them in. Walking is great and a good choice for starting out on an exercise regime, as daft as it sounds i have gone from running to walking but then i do walk up hills!

Good luck on the weight loss and SW is in my opinion is the best choice as its more healthy eating rather than a diet.

4. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Unfortunately the only way to wear them in gently, wear them around the house first, then short walks outside and break them in that way and build up the mileage. Good luck with the walking and SW - I do SW - love it love it love it

5. flabbybumbum

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Thanks both for your advice! x

6. debsue

debsue Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was told it is always better to buy trainers half a size bigger than your normal shoe size, dont remember why but I always do this and have no problems breaking in a new pair.

7. flabbybumbum

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    They are a 9 and I'm a 8.5 ?:(
    Gave them another try today, just round tesco's LOL! But I think I need to let my blister recover before another attempt!
    Cheers everyone x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.