My personal "ultimate test"

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
So I met up with a friend this morning to do a bit of shopping/bill paying. We had our two toddlers with us, and around 11am she said she had to go to McDonalds to get her son something to eat.
So... I went with her.

Yep. There I was surrounded by big macs and chicken nuggets and fries and real coca cola, not to mention the chicken strips and McFlurries... heaven. Usually.

There my friend was (who also signed up to SW, I might add) stuffing her face with fries and chicken nuggets, along with her son and my daughter...chicken nuggets and fries galore!

I had a fruit bag and a diet coke.

How proud was I of myself?
Very.

So I met up with a friend this morning to do a bit of shopping/bill paying. We had our two toddlers with us, and around 11am she said she had to go to McDonalds to get her son something to eat.
So... I went with her.

Yep. There I was surrounded by big macs and chicken nuggets and fries and real coca cola, not to mention the chicken strips and McFlurries... heaven. Usually.

There my friend was (who also signed up to SW, I might add) stuffing her face with fries and chicken nuggets, along with her son and my daughter...chicken nuggets and fries galore!

I had a fruit bag and a diet coke.

How proud was I of myself?
Very.

Amazing your a much much much better woman than me :D

lol I'm still thinking about them... smelling them... practically tasting them... but hey, it's WI tonight, and I don't want one stupid little moment of madness to ruin it for me. If I do well on my WI, I'll have a little treat later. I should reach my 1stone mark tonight and had promised myself a certain pair of boots when I got there, but I went down to get them today and they were all sold out in my size :(

Oh well... I'll cheer myself up with a chow mein and boiled rice from the chinese later :D

Ah well done! Its soo hard to say no with temptation staring you right in the face... I dont know if I could have just eaten a fruit bag! lol.
Feels so good though when you resist doesnt it, the power!

Ah well done! Its soo hard to say no with temptation staring you right in the face... I dont know if I could have just eaten a fruit bag! lol.
Feels so good though when you resist doesnt it, the power!

I think I'm finally learning that I control the food. The food doesn't control me.

I reckon if I was on any other diet I'd have given in and eaten everything on the menu.

I tried Lipotrim a few years ago. My GOD! 2 weeks I lasted, and then the hunger just became a power unto itself. I rang my local abrakebabra and ordered nearly one of everything on the menu, and I ate every bite. That was the end of my Lipotrim excursion lol
I found the total food replacement thing a bit too much. I was so cold all the time, and the shakes were disgusting.

SW totally works for me. My MIL asked me today who I joined with, and I think it really hit home for me that I was so, so serious about it when I admitted that I joined on my own, with no friends for company or backup. I did it off my own back, and this time... is MY time.

And if I can resist a McDonalds, which I used to beg, literally BEG hubby to drive down for at 10pm at night, then you guys and gals can resist anything.

xx

Proud of you I hope you have a fantastoc journey with SW

Well done!! :D

I have been doing it a lot recently, on Sunday we were in Brighton and hubby and the kids wanted a treat so went to burger king. I practically floated all the way to M&S when I decided I'd rather have a salad and some fruit from there! I had a gorgeous salmon & prawn salad with pea shoots and new potatoes, followed by a huge pot of pineapple (meal deal - both for £5!) sat on the beach instead of in a hot stuffy fast food place :) there were some syns in the dressing but nothing compared to what would be in a meal from burger king! I was so full after that I couldn't even eat dinner that night, hubby was looking for food the minute we walked in the door haha!

That was when the feeling of power over food really clicked for me (shame it wasn't 24hrs earlier before I had dinner in wagamamas though!) xx

Well done to you all.
I know mcd's can be dissapointing at times but to have the willpower to say no and stick to healthy options is absolutely amazing.
I would like to think i could be equally strong, but i am not sure that is a true statement.
Congratulations what an achievement.

I am impressed. I have been thinking about your post, and the fact that my son has left a couple of slices of stuffed crust pizza in the fridge to tempt me with overnight, and you have made me determined.

I think that being able to stand up to these things is a real signal that our attitudes to food (and more importantly, ourselves) are making real leaps and bounds. So well done to all of us, because I'm sure we resist things - the chocolates on our colleagues desk, butter on toast, biscuits with coffee - all the time. And I think it's nice to have reasons to feel smug.;)

I would just like to say, that I admire all of you that have posted on this thread. What a superb attitude you all have, especially xMandyx. I too need to gain that attitude once again, (I did it with stopping smoking in Jan, so I can do it again, surely, with losing the weight I put on???).. Keep up the wonderful work, all of you

Well done on fabulous willpower hun!x

Fantastic willpower just having diet coke and a fruit bag. I am a McDonalds fiend but have just had to replace a Big Mac with something more SW acceptable. Thankfully their grilled chicken & bacon salad with balsamic dressing is only 2.5 syns.

You get some funny looks with your salad pot but it's proper tasty and it's worth it when you lose weight that week and say you did it even with a trip to McDonalds :D

Admittedly I very rarely have the willpower to actually go in and order salad so go through the drivethrough so congrats to you!!

xx

Well done Stringerbelle on resisting that pizza! If I had anything to do with that, I'm delighted for both of us!
Powla, the time has to be right for you... and I'm sure you'll know when that is. Timing is everything, and will power has little to do with it once you reach that inner decision that it really, honestly and truly is your time.
Stackhead, I will have to give that salad a go. I'm not a real fan of lettuce or the like, but I'm sure as my tastebuds change, I'll probably get used to it.

As I said, if I can resist McDonalds, any of you can resist anything. I used to go in there and have a big mac or double quarter pounder meal, LARGE, with 6 nuggets also, and a strawberry shake. I dread to think of the amount of syns I was eating on a weekly (and sometimes twice weekly) basis.
And add to that a taco kebab and a chicken baguette, with chips and dip, from Abrakebabra, and a chinese...and you have my usual treats for the week. Sometimes all of them in one week. Shocking.
Admittedly, I did order a chinese last night, after WI, but I plan on going for a cycle with baby attached in her trailer to burn some of that off. I've set myself a goal of 2.5lb a week on average to reach goal by my birthday next year.
Bring it on!

Back