my plan...

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
:p

Hi everyone, I have about 21lbs left to loose and I am doing 810 some days SS or SS+ when i can. The last 4 weeks of CD have involved my b'day and a 7 day road trip. I have chosen a higher plan as it allows me to stick with CD and not feel like I'm depriving myself of a life. As when dieting I get into the trap of not going out and distancing myself from life until I reach a goal which I am happy with and I feel this is not healthy for my mind.

So now all major events have passed I feel that I might be able to SS or SS+ during the week and on the weekends do 810. It's nice to sit and have a proper meal with hubby.

I have a mini goal set for 2.5 weeks time and hopefully I can loose about 5kg's or 11lbs. Then move up to 810 for 3 weeks and loose hopefully 3kg's more. Followed by 1000 to loose the rest.... again hopefully over 3 weeks. TBH would just be happy to be rid of 8kg's and loose the remaining 2 or 3 whenever, like just moving up the plans over another 4 weeks.:rolleyes:

Thoughts anyone???? I go home to visit family and friends in 9 weeks and would love to feel thin and confident again.

Bren
x:rolleyes:

Hi Bren, we're in a similar place! I have around 23 to lose now and wondering how to proceed. I like the thought of doing 810 on the 13 hr shifts at work and SS+ when at home and the pace is a little easier. I know you're supposed to stick to a plan for a full week though...

Going to chat with my counsellor about this on Monday. I'd like to introduce more food to see how I handle it but still want to lose the rest as quickly as possible, although I don't have a significant date like you do x

I know, quicker is always better in our minds too. Although I only had about 27lbs to loose in total. Like you just want it done and dusted. However I know that when I am around 70kg's that's in about 14lbs I will be feeling really confident and less stressed about putting my clothes on in the morning, which currently I hate.

Well done on you 37lbs loss that's awesome! I am going to discuss things with my CDC this week on Thursday and see what she says. Just wanting to use the next 3 weeks as powering through this really tough amount of kilos. It's between 71 - 76 which I struggle. Just want to get rid of them and really feel on top of the weight issue once and for all.

XX

Yep I second that - I've just hit my tricky spot too and like you want to power through the next batch! Seemed like forever to get out of the 12s (I swear every pound was clinging to me squealing nooooooo you're a 12 stone something at heart) but today got on the scales and 11, 13lbs. Got you you ******* yelled I.

think ur plan sounds very senisble do ss plus or ss during week doing 1000 maybe at weekends

wont be long for you jsut keep the water up

i am going to move up the plans in about 1-2 weeks after 23 weeks on ss with 1-2 break weeks were i moved to have a evening meal as was on holiday

Hey Bren,

I'm going for the unpopular vote and saying that I'm not sure it's a good idea. The steps have been based on weeks or months worth of eating and not days. Now I'm only speaking as the devil's advocate because of my own experience. I need to face the addictive desire head on and the best way to do that is follow the rules so I can see where the addictive desire crops up. Just because I'm hungry or want to eat doesn't mean I have to.

The weight losses between 810 and SS+ are pretty similar in any case.

I agree with Laura, SS+ will keep you in ketosis, chances are that 810 wont - so you're actually going to make it much harder for yourself by chopping and changing!! I have about the same amount to lose as you do (well, in terms of pounds to lose, not bmi!) and I'm doing another 2 weeks of SS+ then working up through the plans spending 2 weeks on each (including 810 which you officially only have to spend a week on)

Would that work as a plan for you? 2 weeks on each plan isn't long!

Laura, do you think its best to stick to one plan or the other then?
Yes, absolutely but that's my own personal choice. Bren obviously has another idea so I thought I'd play devil's advocate :)

I agree with Laura, SS+ will keep you in ketosis, chances are that 810 wont - so you're actually going to make it much harder for yourself by chopping and changing!! I have about the same amount to lose as you do (well, in terms of pounds to lose, not bmi!) and I'm doing another 2 weeks of SS+ then working up through the plans spending 2 weeks on each (including 810 which you officially only have to spend a week on)

Would that work as a plan for you? 2 weeks on each plan isn't long!

Actually quite a few people do stay in ketosis on 810. I have been in ketosis since I started the plan.

The losses of 810 are only a few pounds less per month than SS+ whether 810 people are in ketosis or not. Once you take out the glycogen loss of SS+, the losses are quite similar.

The high protein % of 810 also helps to prevent muscle loss from those not in ketosis.

Oh and remember you can still gain weight while being in ketosis if you eat the wrong stuff ;)

oh ok, cool - actually I'm pleased by that! I was just going by the yellow book that said most people don't stay in ketosis while on 810 but my losses have been so good I'm happy staying ketotic until the 1000 plan!

And there's nothing wrong with a bit of ketosis... it means that you're burning fat (*it's a byproduct*)

It's just with normal reduced calorie diets you don't burn enough fat in a 24 hour period for the ketones to show up in your pee!

Glad you're enjoying the 810 programme, long may it continue!

Bren, You've started quite a controversy! lol Good luck whatever you decide, I know you are determined - all you can do is try!

AMxx

Wow I love all of the input. Thanks everyone!

I am still going to stick to the plan. I feel I have cravings and temptations under control. I know my triggers and have alot of control over binging (which I dont do) I tend to cheat with healthy food and very rarely over eat. My body is just out of whack and I need exercise and CD to be a new person and a thinner, happier one.

I have always done 810 and Ketosis is usually there in the first shade of pink. Losses are still quite good. I just dont have the will power to SS on 3 or 4 packs on the weekends. I still like to sit with hubby an have a CD meal. But I do want some more bulk kg's to disappear for good hence trying to combine the both.

Thank you for saying that I should stick to the CD rules, it is true my results would be more effective sticking with SS or completely 810. However it's about my getting to my goal and doing the best I can and for my I feel the above plan will allow me to get there.

I have really set myself a challenge to kick 4/5kg's in the next 2.5 weeks, lets hope I can get there otherwise another week of SS/810. Then this mean a week at 810 and then working my way up the plans.

Bren
XX

I really want to be slim again and enjoy getting dressed in the mornings and enjoy shopping again.

I'm doing my 810 week now but must admit I'm not really enjoying it! NIce to be eating but due to being a fussy eater I find the limited choices a struggle and have to force myself to eat the meal! Does everyone use lemon juice? Says you cna in the book but thought this was a no no?

Yeah I thought that this was a no no also??? Citric acid kicks you out of Ketosis. However being that you are still eating low cal you will still loose. The major factor for 810 week is to keep the body loosing and it's about now on SS you stall. To avoid this or minimise this you must eat move calories/food hence 810.

Perhaps email a CDC on mini's??

x

I'm not sure whether citric acid kicks everyone out though? I've been having the odd glass of slimline tonic since I read on the australian cambridge website it can help with cramps (not something I've been getting but I missed tonic water lots!) - that has citric acid in and it's never knocked me out of ketosis, the only time when I've not seen ketones when I've poas was 5 days after I'd last had some!

Yeah i guess that everyone is different. Just like I stay in Ketosis on 810. I have eaten about 150cal of lollies today, not happy just couldn't resist. Going to the gym tonight to burn them off!!! Oh and guzzling the water. Speaking of Ketosis, hope this hasn't knocked me out!!

Just really want to get back into a rythym again and be in the zone. It's a great feeling and I hate thinking about my WI when i have deviated and eaten.

Cannot wait until it's all over.

Go to the gym... burn off those Lollies! and forget it ever happened!

Hope you're having/had a great day now! And remember, being in Australia, means that it'll be tomorrow there whilst we're still worrying about today!

Back