My Pro Points/Simply filling diary :)

claireyfairey

Hello all, welcome to my Pro Points and Simply filling diary :)

Let me tell you about myself, I'm 27 and am a trainee teacher, about to complete my first placement and first year of university! I'm also mummy to a beautiful little girl, Isla. I lost my baby weight on the discovery plan in 2010 but since September last year it has all piled back on :-/ I would like to lose a stone and a half by September ideally. I have quite a few big events coming up: christening next weekend, holiday in June and another christening, hen do in July, 2 weddings and another hen do in August and another wedding in November - mental! I'd like to look good for these events obviously, but try and be sensible while attending them if I can :eek: Wine is my major downfall sadly, so tend to use my weeklies on these. I am thinking at the moment I will stick to pro points during the week and simply filling at the weekends, unless I particularly feel like doing a SF day during the week :) I'm flexible!

At the moment I weigh about 10st 10lbs but my official weigh days will be Fridays :) Wish me luck! Would like to try and lose 7lbs in time for my holiday, fingers crossed.

So today, first day!

Sunday, day 1:

Breakfast: 2 crumpets with lurpak light and marmite. 1 apple. - 2pp

Lunch: 1 and a half ww pitta breads with small tin beans. Tinned pineapple and yogurt.

Dinner: I'm thinking wholemeal pasta with tomato sauce (home made) and some grilled chicken.

Snacks: I pinched some new potatoes off my daughter's plate earlier, but they are allowed, yay!

Weeklies used: 2
Weeklies balance: 47

See you all around :)

Last edited:
Sounds good!

How do u manage uni with a daughter?

Hi Sarah :)

With difficulty if I'm honest! I'm very lucky that my mum and my partner's mum share childcare during the week for me - without them there's no way I'd be able to do it. I have to be very organised (which I'm not!) but it works. I really enjoy it :)

Today's plan:

Day Two
Milk - 3
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast with lurpak light and marmite. 1 apple. - 5
Snack: 1 vegetable cup a soup. - 1
Lunch: Tin ww chicken soup, 2 rye crackers with tiny bit of spread, packet of walkers stars, 1 ww vanilla yogurt and a pear. - 8
Dinner: Quorn cottage pie, with extra veg and gravy. - 9

TOTAL: 26 PP
WEEKLIES USED: 0
WEEKLIES BALANCE: 47

Good day!

I only asked as I've been wanting to d'o teaching course but with my daughter at school and my partner working 8-5 there's no way I could go uni!

Just had a major sweet craving and eaten some of Isla's haribo - doh!!! I will count it as 3, leaving me with 44 weeklies now. Am going to do a SF day tomorrow :)

Hi, looks like a good start so far to me. Jelly sweets like haribo are also my biggest downfall. I have no "stop" mechanism when it comes to things like haribo so unforuntaly I have to completely avoid them :(

Good luck for Fridays weigh in :)

Sorry I haven't updated this, here's a quick run through of the last few days:

Tuesday: SF day and I used 3 weeklies.

Wednesday: PP day and used 0 weeklies.

Thursday: SF day and used 14 weeklies.

Today will be a SF day. I weighed in this morning and was 10st 10.4lbs. Grrrrr.

My weeklies balance is: 30 points :)

Isn't it funny how we use our weeklies quicker on sf!

So is that almost a 1lb loss then? I am going by your stats on the left. If so that isn't bad, its a loss and sometimes changing to a different diet takes a few weeks for your body to get used to.

sarah88 said:
Isn't it funny how we use our weeklies quicker on sf!

When I first started SF I propointed it on my iPhone and did SF in my diary! And if I ran out of weeklies on SF I'd have 20-30 left still on pp!

Purpled said:
When I first started SF I propointed it on my iPhone and did SF in my diary! And if I ran out of weeklies on SF I'd have 20-30 left still on pp!

I had that once! I almost thought about swapping to a pp day but didn't

sarah88 said:
I had that once! I almost thought about swapping to a pp day but didn't

Well on SF we eat lots more free veg and fruit! I think if it was done by calories both plans would be very similar!

Had a truly awful day yesterday...bad experience on placement, I'm actually beginning to think I don't want to be a teacher any more. My mentor has acted extremely unprofessionally to the point where I considered not even finishing my first year. I think I will finish it then leave....teaching is not the job for me. Just sorry I had to borrow nearly 10k to figure that one out, doh :(

Yesterday looked like this:

B: Porridge with ss milk and 2 tsp honey. - 2

L: Leftover dinner from night before (sweet potato mash with quorn sausage and butterbean stew). 1 apple.

D: 2 ww petit pains with scrambled eggs. Small dollop of ketchup. - 2

Wine.....probs about 12 points.

So used 16 points I think. Weekly balance stands at 14 points. Think I will use the last of my points on some full fat mayo and have a big comforting bowl of tuna pasta for my tea. I am so depressed :(

Only good thing...think the wine last night must have dehydrated me.....had a naughty WI and I was 10st 8.2lbs!!! Yippee!!!

What was the issue with your mentor hon? My mentor on 2nd pgce placement was a dragon and had me in tears and wanting to quit on my 2nd visit to the school. What are you wanting to teach? You must be near the end of placement now? Are you sure you want to quit? I completely understand if you do but think carefully and make sure it's not just one person who is undoing this for you.
My teaching journey hasn't been straightforward at all. Mainstream wasn't for me but then I took job as a TA in school for autism and it was perfect. I got back into teaching again. Your experiences on teaching practice aren't necessarily the teaching route you will follow. It's something to bare in mind. Once you have the qualification it can open the door to other avenues you might not have even considered. I don't want to sound patronising I just don't want you to throw away all this hard work (and money) if you are close to finishing your course.
Anyhow big hugs and lots of luck- don't worry about going off plan, it happens especially at times of stress. I totally understand how you feel. Xxx

Sorry I just re-read and saw you are at end of 1st year. 3yr course? Are you able to defer a year maybe. Sorry too many questions! Xx

Sorry about your placement experience :( I do agree with becktoria that it might be good to take a bit of time before committing to the decision about teaching. I practice educate social work students on their placement and some of the horror stories I hear about their mentors on placements make me absolutely livid. One of the problems is that the students never tell us about what their mentors are doing wrong at the time so its very difficult to have do anything to chance these negative placements. If you mentor is behaving so unprofessionally could you alert someone to this? I know this is very difficult but unfortunately things can't change without the right people being made aware.

You seem to be doing well with your food though despite the stresses this week. Fingers crossed your sneaky peaks weren't entirely down to the wine and you get a good weigh in result.

Can u not get a different placement at another school for the rest of ur time? It prob would be good to work with a few age groups to see what age u prefer teaching?

Back