My Quest to Be a 'SlimJim'!

slimjim

Hello to everyone reading this! It's good to be here!

I'm brand new to this forum, and really happy to have found a place like this where there's so much support and inspiration. I think it's going to really help me and my mum (who is doing SW alongside me) to stick to our plan and be able to lose weight!

I have tried Slimming World before but it was some years ago when I was under 16 (I think) and tried the Free2Go method, which was ok but I couldn't stick to it. We also went to the group meetings which we just didn't get on with, not feeling comfortable with it, etc. My mum has since tried Weight Watchers quite a few times, but not got along with that either because of having to count points on virtually everything. Quite a few of our friends (both my age and my mum's) have been talking about Slimming World recently so we decided to try it again but the Online version this time.

I'm hoping to use this thread as my food diary and progress charter, rather than writing it in a boo, in the hope of it motivating me more here! :eek:)

Initial weight goal is to get down to 12st, as that's what my weight stayed at for a long time, like it was my 'natural' weight, but ideally aiming for 11st, especially as that brings my BMI into the healthy range, although my bone structure is really large and heavy so not sure if it's realistic.

Last edited:
Today is Day 2 and I've had a pretty good day.

Breakfast was Fruit and Fibre, dry (no milk) due to being on the go. 35g kept me going until lunchtime

Lunch (snacky) was simple, Mullerlight (vanilla with dark chocolate sprinkles), plus an apple and satsuma.

Tea was Moroccan Chicken Stew, made with turkey instead of chicken, red kidney beans instead of cannellini beans, and frozen mixed vegetables instead of frozen peas (all of which will be done the proper way when we've been shopping to Aldi again!) Oh, and homemade chips, Maris Piper potatoes cut into chips, with a paprika, garlic and onion granules topping. It was a really scrummy tea, and also satisfying.

For dessert I made us a sugar-free jelly mixed with fat-free fromage frais, to create a raspberry flavoured 'mousse', also really tasty.

I feel that today has been successful, earlier I was feeling quite deprived as Mum and I had our Mullerlight yoghurts while my dad and sister had chocolate biscuits, but actually now I don't feel that way!

Hexa, 175ml skimmed milk, 1x light cheese triangle. Hexb, 35g Fruit & Fibre

Breakfast: Fruit & Fibre with chopped apple and 5 dessert spoons of fat free natural yoghurt, yummy!

Lunch: Jacket Potato with a tuna/sweetcorn/fromage frais filling, and a couple of rashers of bacon on the side (fatless). Really satisfying and filling!

Tea: 3x plain rice cakes (1.5 syns each = 4.5 syns), 1x light cheese triangle, Mullerlight yoghurt (orange and dark chocolate sprinkles), sugar free jelly (half strength).

Tried one cup of tea with a sugar = 1 syn
I've been really confused as to whether I should count syns and have sugar in my tea and coffee, or have free sweetener, or just not have either. Finally decided to just skip sugar altogether, as sweetener tastes yakky and sugar adds up too many syns hehe. Hopefully it won't take too long to get used to.

Last edited:
Day 4

Hexa, 175ml skimmed milk, 2x light cheese triangle. Hexb, 35g Fruit & Fibre

Breakfast: Fruit & Fibre with chopped apple and satsuma and 5 dessert spoons of fat free natural yoghurt.

Lunch: Salad, all free, with free ham slices and 1 cheese triangle

Tea: Not quite sure of all the ingredients because Mum concocted something as a variation on a Slimming World recipe lol, but it was like a shepherd's pie without the pastry. Lean turkey mince, veggies, stock, etc, plus some gravy at 1 syn.

Dessert: Mullerlight yoghurt, free, 3 rice cakes (4.5 syns) and 1 cheese triangle

Day 5

Really cheeky this morning but I wanted to check to see how the weight was going, so I weighed myself and have lost 5lbs!! :clap: Felt so motivated that after breakfast I went I did a cardio Pilates workout! :p

Hexa, 175ml skimmed milk. Hexb, 35g Fruit & Fibre

Breakfast: Fruit & Fibre with chopped apple and 5 dessert spoons of fat free natural yoghurt.

Lunch: a big FREE bowlful of salad, pasta and fried eggs, very tasty

Tea: plain chicken pieces flavoured with herbs and spices, veg on the side and roast potatoes done in our 'special' way hehe, it was yummy!

Finished off the day with 2 hours of competitive badminton.

At the moment I'm only having half of my milk allowance per day because I have free yoghurt with my breakfast rather than milk, so if I feel like a little treat at the end of the day I can use the rest of my hexa to have a cheese triangle and then count a few syns to have 3 rice cakes. Or if I just fancy a bedtime drink I can have the rest of my milk allowance heated up with some nutmeg. Seems to be working well for me so far :)

Last edited:
Day 6

Usual hexa and hexb

Usual breakfast, it's working well for me at the moment and keeping me full until lunchtime, so I won't keep typing it out hehe

Lunch: went to a wedding so didn't actually have any lunch, just a small piece of homemade carrot cake (very restrained being as there were loads of cream cakes and chocolate cakes there! but didn't want to have anything too 'synful' lol as I had no way of properly working out the syns)

Between lunch and tea, we had a 40g KitKat Chunky (10.5 syns) - both Mum and I have hardly used any syns during the week, so we've saved them up and using some at the weekend for treats.

Tea: SW Chilli con Carne, very tasty indeed, could probably do with a little more spice but it was lovely.

Day 7

Usual hexa and hexb

Usual breakfast

Tea: I made a slow cooker chicken, lots of veggies and our 'special' potatoes on the side, always enjoy this meal a lot! Used a few syns for a couple of small yorkshire puds on the side as well.

Dessert: Mini Roll, plus some chocolate raisins and peanuts.

Used syns saved up from during the week rather than going over.

Last edited:
Day 8

Usual hexa and hexb

Breakfast: Fruit & Fibre with chopped pear and mixed frozen berries, topped with fat free vanilla yoghurt.

Lunch: Salad

Tea: ham, fried eggs (in Fry Light), homemade chips and baked beans, all free! And very tasty indeed!

Dessert: Mullerlight yoghurt

Day 9

Usual hexa, hexb 2x Crispbreads (Aldi version of Ryvita and just as good, if not even better)

Breakfast: chopped pear, frozen berries and FF vanilla yoghurt

Lunch: Jacket potato with salt & pepper, and a homemade 'dip' consisting of chopped up tomatoes, cucumber and onion in salted fromage frais (FF). Really yummy and nicely filling.

Tea: Salad with free ham, pepperoni (1 syn each = 6 syns) and 2 crispbreads, with tiny bit of lighter than light mayo.

Day 10

Usual hexa, hexb ?

Breakfast: pear and banana

Lunch: Jacket potato with West Indian style baked beans, all free

Tea: A concoction of Mum's making, containing turkey pieces, pasta, chopped tomatoes, red kidney beans, mushrooms, chicken stock and ras el hanout. Whatever it was, it was delicious and free!

Last edited:
Day 11

Usual hexa, hexb 35g porridge oats

Breakfast: homemade porridge with apple and banana, Splenda on top, very nice and filling (I'm not normally a fan of porridge).

Lunch:

Tea: Diet Coke Chicken with Rice and SW chips

Day 13

usual hexa, hexb?

breakfast: pear

lunch: banana

tea: out with family, Domino's pizza (haven't had that for years!) jacket potatoes and salad

dessert: party rings, mini roll, lemon slice (still out with family)

Day 14

usual hexa, hexb?

Breakfast: orange

lunch: out for picnic with family, so salad with pepperoni, crisps, Twix bar

tea: SW ready meal (Singapore noodles, plus some extra chicken (plain with added herbs and spices) - really loved the ready meal, we'd heard mixed reviews so weren't sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised!

dessert: homemade cheesecake, 1/8, chocolate peanuts and raisins

we're finding it works for us to be 'good' throughout the weekdays and then be able to have treats at the weekend. We also do around 8 hours of walking throughout the whole week, which all helps, plus I have some Pilates workouts during the weekdays as well.

weekly weigh-in, I've lost 1lb

Day 15

usual hexa, hexb? I need to find a different hexb to have now that I have fruit for breakfast and no fruit&fibre cereal

breakfast: 2 chopped apples, mixed frozen berries topped with fat free vanilla yoghurt

lunch: 2 small jacket potatoes with a side of cucumber, tomatoes and onion, plus fat free cottage cheese

tea:

dessert:

Last edited:
Back