My quest to be a Xmas cracker rather than an Xmas pudding!

tigerlily80

I am finally in the right mind set to concentrate and I have about 4 stone to lose.....
It's been a hard 10 weeks you see my dear mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and it was quite advanced, so she was given 3 months to live, she made it through 10 weeks and was finally taken on the Thursday 12/7/12, we buried her on Wednesday 18/7/12, I miss her terribly, but at least she is hopefully with my dad now and I know they'll be happy.....
I've gained a fair bit of weight in this time comfort eating!
So now before Xmas I want to get healthy and concentrate on me, well as much as I can with 3 kids to look after anyway lol, its my 33rd in January and I want to be at goal for that! So here I go.....

Hi Tigerlily, welcome to minimins and to Slim & Save. I'm sorry to hear about you losing your mum, my mum died of cancer in 2010 and I gained a lot of weight afterwards. Our start weights are similar, I've been at it 2 weeks and have lost 11.6lb already so it definitely does work!

Best of luck to you X

Sorry to hear about your Mum Tigerlily. I wish you best of luck and hope you reach your goal!!

Have got through 2 days and doing okay, nice to feel in control for once!

Hey tigerlily, so sorry to hear about your mum. .. i hope slim and save is everything your hoping it is and you can get to your goal in no time at all, ive been on slim and save for 15 days now and have lost exactly a stone so it definitely works, good luck xx

That's a good loss in 15 days, hope I get a decent loss also, weigh in on Monday so just gotta keep my motivation up and hang on in there!
Was very crabbit last night due to feeling hungry, but did not eat anything i shouldn't so all in all quite proud of that cos usually I give in far to easy, like I say though really feel my heads in the right place just now :)

Argh have slipped already, have so much on my mind and so stressed out, suppose its no surprise..... oh well just keep going!

Welcome Tigerlily and don't be too hard on yourself. Just a little hiccup that's all so straight back on it and good luck for monday weigh-in x x

Right well last week was a wash out but I haven't quit yet which surprises me cos usually I throw the towel in a any sign of failure! Anyway have had 2 full days without any hiccups and not even very hungry to be honest lol

Back