My race to get bikini body ready by holiday..

pflorida

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm really new to this so I thought I'd post a little about myself and why I'm here ..

So at the beginning of this year I was very happy with my weight which was around 9 stone (I'm 5ft4) , I wasn't particularly active but my job involved me being on my feet all day which clearly helped me keep my weight down.

I then got a new job in June which was an office job, since June I have gained between 1-2 stone due to no longer walking to work as well as all the naughty treats everyone seems to bring in.

So in order to shift the weight I have joined Slimming World with my mum as well as join the gym in my last hope to lose some weight before my holidays in both Feb & June. I'm particually fussy so this may be a bit of a rough ride but I'm on day 2 and finding it okay so far!!!

As you can probably guess I do like to talk quite a lot haha..

If anyone is in a similar boat to me please feel free to comment on this as any help is really appreciated!

Paige :p

Last edited:
Day 1

Just finished day 1, feeling very optimistic as I didn't struggle as bad as I thought I may woop! :D

Started the day badly by eating the wrong cereal automatically using 7 of my recommended 12 syns but managed to still treat myself so wasn't all bad! Below is my food diary, feel free to comment please !!

Breakfast35g Tesco crunchy nut cornflakes (7 syns)
100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEX A)

Lunch
Small tin of sweetcorn (free)
Walkers french fries crisps (4.5 syns)
M
uller light cherry (free)

Dinner
Batchelors cheese and broccoli pasta & 150ml of milk (free 1/2 HEX A and )
2 x hifi rocky toad lite bars (HEX B)

Last edited:
Day 2

So it's my day 2 on Slimming World, still really enjoying it although am definately finding that a huge part of the plan is organisation which for me can be quite difficult as I never really know what I'm eating for each meal etc. Below is my food diary for today, I'm feeling really good about my choices today as I have eaten below my daily syn amount as well as getting some superfree foods in!

Breakfast
Kellogs fruit and fibre and 75ml of semi skimmed milk (1/3 of Hex A and Hex B)

Lunch
Jacket with beans and cheese (free and rest of Hex A plus 2 syns)
Walkers Baked crisps (5 syns)
Weight watchers dessert yoghurt (free)

Dinner
Homemade chips (free)
homemade chicken nuggets (free)
muller light (free)
Raspberries and strawberries (super free)

Last edited:
Day 3

So it's my day 3 of slimming world, surprising how much stuff you can still eat as long as it's cooked correctly as I have found out today. I also found Pete's recipes which I will definitely be using on my journey!

Breakfast
Fried eggs (free)
Lean bacon with the fat removed (free)
2 tblespoons ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries (superfree)
Weight watched yoghurt (free)
Walkers baked (5 syns)

Dinner
Mac and cheese (Hex A and 1.5 syn)
BBQ beans (free)
1 Muller light (free)
Alpen bar (hex B)

Last edited:
Hi Paige and welcome!
It looks like you're getting the hang of things quickly!
I'd recommend batch cooking wherever possible so you can have something delicious and on plan whenever you're in a hurry or not feeling it.
You said you're fussy (do you mean a fussy eater?) I've noticed little veg in your diary (well you had sweetcorn for lunch on the first day- u must have been STARVED!!!) :p
It's good that you're having loads of fruit but if you can sneak some veg in without knowing it that would be great. ;) Side salad with your jacket potato? Finely chopped onions and mushrooms in your beans? Some actual broccoli chucked in with your Batchelors?
I don't know- they're just suggestions. Also- make sure you don't go hungry, thats the great thing with SW. NEVER feeling hungry and still losing weight! :D

What day are you weighing and how was day 4? :)

Hi Paige and welcome!
It looks like you're getting the hang of things quickly!
I'd recommend batch cooking wherever possible so you can have something delicious and on plan whenever you're in a hurry or not feeling it.
You said you're fussy (do you mean a fussy eater?) I've noticed little veg in your diary (well you had sweetcorn for lunch on the first day- u must have been STARVED!!!) :p
It's good that you're having loads of fruit but if you can sneak some veg in without knowing it that would be great. ;) Side salad with your jacket potato? Finely chopped onions and mushrooms in your beans? Some actual broccoli chucked in with your Batchelors?
I don't know- they're just suggestions. Also- make sure you don't go hungry, thats the great thing with SW. NEVER feeling hungry and still losing weight! :D

What day are you weighing and how was day 4? :)

Hi Kimberley,

Thank you very much!!!

I think I'm finally getting the hang of things hehe!!
Yes I am quite a fussy eater hence the low amount of veggies!!! Haha I love my sweetcorn so I could happily eat that all day!!! I think that's something I'm going to try to do next week (adding in hidden veggies) having younger siblings my mum is great at doing this so I hope she can give me some tips!! See I'm finding it difficult sometimes as I'm getting hungry at night and either having no syns or very low amounts left and not really feeling like veggies or fruit or yoghurts so as of today I've left some syns so I can have a cheeky snack tonight which I am really looking forward too!! ;)

My weigh in day is Wed, I really hope I've lost!!!

I will be posting my day 4 in a sec.. :D

Last edited:
You look like you're doing really well! Yeah chop the veg up really finely I have to do that with mushrooms! It's really important to make sure you have that 1/3 super free. I've just rejoined again so it will be nice to follow someone else too.

Day 4
After my little moan last night that some of you may have seen, I woke up feeling very optimistic so hopefully on Wednesday (my weigh in day) it will have all paid off!!

Breakfast
Was a bit naughty today and woke up very late so went straight to lunch!

Lunch
A Muller light yoghurt & a banana (free and superfree)

Dinner
Mac n cheese (again I know.. It was soo good y/day I had too!!!) homemade chips and BBQ beans (HEX A and 1.5 syn)
Alpen light bar (HEX B)

Snacks
Walkers salt & Vinegar (6.5 syns)

As you can see wasn't feeling very hungry today not too sure why but not complaining!!!!'

Last edited:
You look like you're doing really well! Yeah chop the veg up really finely I have to do that with mushrooms! It's really important to make sure you have that 1/3 super free. I've just rejoined again so it will be nice to follow someone else too.

I might blend some into some sauces as well!! Does it count if I had say fruit straight after my dinner or lunch or does it have to be included in the meal?!

Last edited:
I always have it straight after and count it. You're not gona shove a banana in your mac n cheese are you?! Lol!
Also- about blending veg into sauces- when Jamie Oliver did that America tour he had something like 7 different vegetables in his "tomato pasta" sauce. Tres bien!

I'm a wednesday weigher too and there's a great thread somewhere where we all spur each other on!
Glad you're feeling more chirpy today!
I'm dreading work tomorrow after the most lazy 2 weeks off ever!

Enjoy your crisps x

I always have it straight after and count it. You're not gona shove a banana in your mac n cheese are you?! Lol!
Also- about blending veg into sauces- when Jamie Oliver did that America tour he had something like 7 different vegetables in his "tomato pasta" sauce. Tres bien!

I'm a wednesday weigher too and there's a great thread somewhere where we all spur each other on!
Glad you're feeling more chirpy today!
I'm dreading work tomorrow after the most lazy 2 weeks off ever!

Enjoy your crisps x

haha I should hope not!! Wow that's a lot!! I guess it's a bit of trial and error to see what tastes nice added in!

aww that's good I shall have a look!!! Yes definately feeling better after last night not too sure what got into me!!!

aww good luck tomorrow I'm sure you'll be fine!!!

hahaha I will indeed! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I count the fruit too otherwise you're eating for the sake of ut, who wants a side salad with everything! ?

Hi Paige, as I keep seeing you everywhere thought I'd pop in and subscribe to your diary.

I might blend some into some sauces as well!! Does it count if I had say fruit straight after my dinner or lunch or does it have to be included in the meal?!

The only thing with eating fruit AFTER a meal is to watch that you're not just eating it to get your superfree in for the sake of it. The point of 1/3 superfree is to limit the calories from the other kinds of food in your meal. So if you're already full from your dinner then eating fruit just because you feel you need to is just adding extra calories on and possibly eating more than you need - as a key point of SW is to stop eating when you're full. If you're going to do this, I'd suggest having a slightly smaller portion of dinner if that makes sense. Or try eating your fruit as a "starter" before the meal so it's already filling you up a little. I hope this makes sense!

Hi Beth thanks for subscribing!!! Woop we can do this together!!!

Last edited:
Day 5
A lady at work has joined SW again so it's good as we spur eachother on in the office! Over the last two days I've noticed I get full up a lot quicker and not as hungry in between meals which is great!

Breakfast
One small orange, mixed berries and muller rice yoghurt (free and superfree) ( I would usually eat at 7.30 and be hungry by 9, instead ate at 10.30 due to not being hungry and felt great!)

Lunch
Whole meal pitta bread with beans and 1 laughing cow cheese extra light cheese (8 syns)

Dinner
chicken surprise (won't be having this again!!!!!!) chicken, rice, paprika, butter nut squash, carrots, pea's and 1 tbl spoon of lighter than light mayo (free and superfree and 0.5 of a syn) jelly pot with weight watchers yoghurt (free and 0.5 syn)

later I also plan to use my HEX A on a cadburys hot chocolate (2 syns) and my HEX B on two hifi light bars yummmm

Let me know what you think!!! As anyone who's been chatting to me can see I have managed some veggies today!!! :D

Last edited:
Looks good, what was wrong with chicken surprise? Lol

chicken surprise made me lol! Sorry if it was rank but well done for trying!!!

chicken surprise made me lol! Sorry if it was rank but well done for trying!!!

Hahaha it's just my mums excuse for using the leftover chicken from Sunday!! Haha thank you I definitely won't be trying again!!!

Last edited:
Back