My restart! 30 day challenge to start with...

Midge67

Hi all

I'm back! I was on here last year, did well and feel great. Sadly I've put on what I lost. No other reasons than being far too content and enjoying too many meals out with my other half. However, do I feel good?? Noooo. I'm so annoyed with myself. I've half heartedly tried to get back on the Exante diet during the last few months and failed. I have to have the right mind set and thankfully I think it's back. Last time it worked when I planned ahead which is what I've done this time. So Monday, 14th October is the big day. Luckily I'm about the weight I was when I started last time - it could have been so much worse :eek:

I found this forum to be the biggest help last time so here I am again! I will post lots and lots as it helps me. I don't expect anyone to read my ramblings but if you do then 'hello!'.

Lots has changed since last time, new house, new job, etc. It's all good. Except I went to a wedding last week and I sat down for the entire evening (I love dancing :(), and avoided photo's whenever poss (didn't really work and now there's real evidence out there :() and also I haven't seen friends for ages because I'm too embarrassed. How stupid am I??? Grrr. Right, back to work now. I'll be back rambling and moaning about myself later I feel!

Hi Midge and welcome back!

You seem very positive and planning ahead definitely works well for me in terms of getting my head in the right place. Remember what you achieved last time and I'm sure you'll EASILY achieve your 30 day goal of -1 stone.

Gemma x

Thank you Gemma, I am feeling goooood!

Ok, here we go! I'm 2lbs heavier than when I started last time. Damn. But if I leave it any more it'd be much worse. Feeling positive, will be doing TS all week and then protein only at the weekend (if I need it). Have bought a mini trampoline so will be using that most days too. If you're looking for a fun way of exercising then have a go. I spend a lot of my time laughing at myself.

Day one...be kind to me :)

Day one done. Feeling fine! Keep picturing myself in a new size 10/12 dress at Christmas :)

I recently started back on my diet last week too :(
I have only put on 2 lb since not going to class
But I lost some myself after that so all together I put on around 9lb but I need to look good for 2014 please help xx

Hi Midge. Sounds like you're well motivated. When I first started on exante I found it relatively easy. It's the restarts I struggle with. I'm on a restart too at the minute after gaining nearly a stone! I too find the forum helpful, especially the diaries - not just posting on my own but also following everyone elses'. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do really well!

Hi Lynne - restarts are definitely harder aren't they! Not sure why but I've half heartedly tried in the last few months, but this time my head is back in the right place and I'm not going to fail!
Mandie - you're in the best place! Read all you can on here as it really helps.

Day two half way and a bit through, and feeling fine! Might start looking for a Christmas dress this weekend and hang it up in the bedroom :)

Back to work....

Hi Mandie. A lot of people have broccoli or cauliflower with the meals. I can't see it making much difference.
Midge.If you buy a size 10 /12 dress and hang it up on view in your bedroom it will be a fantastic motivator as you'll have to lose weight by Christmas!!!!

Thanks ladies
Im not sure to be honest how this forum works
I'm not allowed to get messages or have a profile :(
I'm having Big Mac in a bowl tonight cannot wait I love it :) x
What u ladies having ?,.. Xx

Hi Mandie. If I remember, you have to have done something like 20 posts before you can set up a profile. What is Big Mac in a bowl? I've had a chocolate orange bar but am also having chicken and broccoli later.

It's extra lean mince fried with onions gherkin and thousand islad dressing with cheese
Bedded with lettuce
Yummy it is too only 2 syns for thousand island dressing
And cheese free if u use a choice xx

Hi Mandie. Just realised you're on Slimming World. This is the exante forum. There is a slimming world one which you might find more relevant. I wondered why you asked about foods being free earlier. However I'm sure you're welcome to post on here too!

Morning all!

No, don't worry Mandie! It's just that you'll get more relevant information and help if you take a look in the Slimming World section on the forum. I did SW many years ago and it worked well (until babies came along!) so best of luck.

Day 3 and a sneaky look at the scales this morning is encouraging :)

Finding it relatively easy at the moment because my head is completely in the right place. Christmas will be here soon and I don't want to be hiding away from the cameras when we have a get together. I know you shouldn't wish your life away but I'd like to take a look into the future lol.

"Nothing tastes as good as slim feels" Soooooo true!!

Hi Mandie. This one's exante. It's a very low calorie diet. If you google it you'll see what it involves. It's pretty drastic but is a very quick way of losing weight.

How much do u lose on it ..???
I love inning world but I am off sick from work at the mo and dreading putting my uniform back on ..??

It varies depending on how much you have to lose, which plan you follow and how strictly you do it but it certainly has very quick results. If you google exante you'll be able to check it out. Also, you can see people's progress on the diaries on this forum.

Back