My restart experience

MattyG

Right then - So I restarted Exante yesterday but first a bit of background.

I attempted Exante 2 years ago and managed to do it for about 3 weeks. I kept on losing until I stopped which was due to a). a friends BBQ and then b). a crazy night out a few days later. Your booze tolerance massively decreases doing this. Anyway, I swore I would never do it again and instead just maintain a healthier lifestyle (to which I didnt).

Last year I went on holiday and although I personally dont mind getting on the beach with however I looked, I felt as if I stood out a bit being the only fatty on the whole island. This year I am going again to the same place but this time with a bunch of lads who all regularly hit the gym and look sharp. Thats not my only motivation for doing this again, but it damn sure helps to use the future thought of standing next to these guys at the beach. I dont expect to tone up and I will still look big, but even losing 2 stone off my current weight will help massively!

The weekend just gone - contained my Birthday and it being BH, decided to go out on the Sunday which basically meant I was starting the diet on a hangover. Even worse than that I decided to also use Monday to stop smoking (I only really started last summer by excessive partying).

I'm now in day 2 of exante and no cigs. I'm feeling pretty hardcore right now but at the same time, good about myself. Although I came to work this morning and somebody put a large bar of Galaxy on my desk for my BDay last week. Ill just give it to my misses and kids :)

I can draw on my experience of doing this diet before so I fully know what to expect which is actually helping me feel great right now. Knowing that the first week is the toughest but with the biggest rewards!

Day 3

So far I have been 100% TS. I only ever drink water during the day anyway when not on a diet so this part aint so hard. But I have got serious rumblings today.

I just came back from a company meeting where they provided bacon and fried egg sandwiches along with plenty of pastries. There was so much left over it hurt my soul to turn my nose at it all. But - I need to get used to doing this if I wanna reach my goal. PLUS - I know for a fact if I ate it, there would be instant regret!

I hope I get into Ketosis soon!

Your ketosis will be here before you know it :) well done for resisting the temptations! We have crisps and baklava (Turkish desserts) at work today - I'm still thinking about them now!

Thanks Biz

Today (Day 4) so far is a struggle. I dont feel hungry, just nauseous - a bit like mild motion sickness. I know I'm drinking plenty of water so I hope this passes soon. Ive had a cold since monday which is easing up. Resisting all drugs and just doing 3 packs a day and water. Nothing else.
But as they say, No Pain, No Gain (or even loss)

I know exactly what you mean when you talked about sticking out on holiday - I went to Rome last April and I felt like the fattest person in Italy. Romans just aren't fat! I'm going back in August and I'll be damned if I'll feel as bad about myself as I did last time.

Should you not be on four packs a day as you're taller and a guy? My fiance tried Exante on just three packs and felt faint - he's a 6' 2" postman and needs five packs a day just to get through the day xo

Should you not be on four packs a day as you're taller and a guy? My fiance tried Exante on just three packs and felt faint - he's a 6' 2" postman and needs five packs a day just to get through the day xo

I'm not sure. Doing this before didn't seem to hurt (too much). Hopefully it will allow for a bigger loss in a quicker time. Dont feel faint, just woke up today and felt a bit grim after my brekkie shake. Got my Choc Orange bar for lunch so hopefully that will help out a bit!

Well, at least know that you have the option of having another pack (or even some low carb food) if you feel rubbish. It's not worth feeling ill over! :) xo

Hi Matty
Well done on 3 100% days, hope you're feeling better soon and Ketosis kicks in. I'm on day 2, feel hungry but great apart from that :)

You can do it!

L
x

Well I was doing job interviews until 3 so I went from 8am to 3pm on just a choc shake. Just had the choc and orange bar (which I really really like to be honest) and now I feel good again. Got a round of golf at 5 ish so wont get to eat now until 8pm and I need to fit in the vote as well. Been a busy day!!

Day 9

So - i have flapped massively but still in a good frame of mind. TS is insane and your willpower must be rock solid so succeed in this one. At the end of last week, I read about the man plan on the exante website. This is more up my street so on Friday night I had some bacon and egg. So to recap, last week I did 4 days of TS, 1 day of Man Plan, weekend was a write off. I ate normal food but made decent choices (I think). Chicken and bacon, some veg., a salad but essentially - NO breads, pasta, potatoes or anything high carbs. Im not too bothered if I came out of ketosis and I think I will try and stick to TS\Man plan during the week and eating solid good food during the weekend. Still did a loss so again, not tto bothered. Will try and get a full week of TS during this 6 week stint (maybe after camping during the May BH)!

Would like to add, I had the sausage mix last night and ate it with a runny egg. Much more palatable than the burger mix which is still on my list as the WORST food so far!

That sounds like a really doable and healthy solution :) I take my hats off to those who can TS for a few months or even weeks at a time! I'm more like you and prefer to fit some real food in there somewhere :)

Back