My return to SS and more determined than ever.

Dwyer2010

Good evening all.

I have tried to update my biography but doesn't seemed to have saved. I am new to this site and think all the support and guidance on here is brilliant and positive.

Well a little about myself. I'm Katie and 26 yrs. I gained weight just over 5 stone. The weight gain was from my two wonderful sons and unfortunately 4 very heartbreaking miscarriages. And to be honest plain old greed for my love of food.

After the birth of my youngest in November 2011 I decided enough was enough as I didn't recognise myself anymore and that's when my weight loss journey began, may 2012.

May I joined rosemary Conley and a local boot amp. I have lost 3 stone to date by healthy eating and exercise but unfortunately I have hurt my wrist and have had to take a break from exercise. Gutted.

I decided to try sole source on the Cambridge weight plan and have just completed day 2. Going well so far but I am only just beginning, may be ripping my hair out by next weekend, haha!

I aim to reach 10 stone by Christmas and I really hope I can do this and become a success story by doing the cd SS plan. Wish me luck.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Love Kate xx

Welcome Kate xx You have done so well already:D you won't regret doing CD and SS is the quickest way to lose xx Good luck looking forward getting to know you x

Thank you. Made up to be over half way there now. Even though May wasn't that long ago it feels like I've been dieting for years, haha!! Have you been on the Cambridge weight plan long? How are you finding it? Xx

Hi Michelle, how are you finding the weight plan so far? Thank you, seems to be helping already knowing I'm not alone and the only one doing SS as it does feel like a punishment, lol! Nah, it's not that bad in all honesty, got my eyes on the prize (10 stone on them evil scales). Xx

Hi all I have been on the diet since May but had a bit of a break in between after a weeks holiday couldn't really get back to doing 100% ss so have started again yesterday properly and I'm pleased to report that yesterday was 100% and today will be too I've already survived cooking beef dinner for family without caving in so I'm proud of myself! lol xxx Looking forward to sharing the journey with you both xx

I believe it is tough returning once stopped for a few weeks. But you sound determined to follow through with cd, good on you :) I did do sole source feb and march 2011 and lost over a stone but I was pregnant and didn't have a clue until dizzy spells begun. Oooops! That's what I'm going to find tough cooking for my husband and boys and not being able to have one little bit. Oh well I'd rather be skinny, lol! My friend lost 6 stone in 6 months and maintained it but a few pound up and down. She is my inspiration. If she can do I can, I hope. Hope your all having a lovely weekend xx

Good afternoon ladies and gents, how are you all doing today? I'm actually doing better than expected, thought I may start to have food withdrawal symptoms today, day 4. Keeping up with my water intake but am not managing more than my 4 pints just yet, will keep trying to up it daily. I'm a bad one constantly getting up throughout the night for a wee. Drives my husband insane. Oops!

Take care my fellow CDers xx

Hi all well I've nearly survived day 3 first 2 days were fine but i'm struggling today with hunger and headache! Have had enough to drink and 2 tetras up to now so I will keep on going as i know by the end of the week i'll be on top of the world and hopefully have had a good loss xx Back at work today, lovely to see everyone after 6 weeks but getting up at 6 was a shock to the system i'm ready for bed now ! LOL! xx Hope you all had a good day xx

Hi your doing very well !! I'm on day 6 and I'm finding it's getting a lot easier but still same as you up n down all night for toilet lol mornings can b hard to wake up properly x x

Early mornings are hard but I'm so glad that it is light at 6 this time of year so it could be worse! Well done for reaching day 6 wi for you tomorrow? xx

When I'm hungry I have a black tea to try and fill myself, it works :) Maybe try that and see if it helps with the hunger. I have read a few people suffer with headaches at some point in the first few weeks, I guess our bodies are wondering what on earth is going on, haha!

Awww I can't handle my kids getting before 7am, I'm a grump all day if I'm up early. Sometimes it's nice to get back into a normal routine, will most likely help with the diet as you will be working. I've been trying to keep busy with my boys to take my mind off food and it works until i had to cut a pizza up for my 3 year old. All good though as I actually wasn't bothered.

Xx

Hey Katie just read your diary. I had my son in Nov 2011 too, I stupidly gained 6st :-(.

Finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight just aiming for my wedding day weight now.

You're doing ever so well. It took about a month for my mind to get in the right place for this diet. As its as tough mentally, as it is physically. But the results can be amazing. Hope you have a fab first WI. I've subscribed to your diary so I'll pop back Wednesday.

Hi Alison,

Thank you.

Awww did you, Dominic was due December 2nd and had him November 19th. My eldest Connor's birthday is 28th november. Hard work doing SS and running after a 9 month old isn't it!? No more testing food temp with my mouth, haha! Your doing amazing, I hope my first wi is as good as yours, so good :) I gained my weight through pregnancy to, proper sucks but no more for me. Time to get back to me and feeling comfortable in my own skin. Xx

How do you know if your in ketosis, I haven't a clue? X

I know the feeling. Harry was due 5th Nov but decided he'd be 11 days late and arrived on 16th. So almost shares the same birthday.

Feeling better now I've lost the vast majority of it. But my concern now is all my flabby skin/belly. So I joined a gym at the weekend - hoping they can help me tone up. If that works I then just need a magic wand to erase the stretch marks.

I'm sure you will get a good number on your first week. I think the average is 9lbs. I had a helping hand as my first WI was on a wed evening and then after the first week it was a thurs morning.

Back