My scales make me sad!!

Estrella

Does anyone else have the problem weighing at home...?

I can go on the scales and I'm 13.12 then go on again and I'm 14.2 then go on at night and I'm 14.0. I want to cry. They change every time I stand on them. I'm sad cause my last wi I was 13.12. 2 weeks ago!! And today 14 :( wi tomorrow and I don't want to go!!! I've done a workout 4 days in a row!!! :(

my scales do this! Im sure its all to do body fluids at the time thats why you should only weigh once a week around about the same time xx

There's a thread further down about serial weighers - I'm on my phone or I'd link it for you.

Have a look, I think it'll answer your post very well.

Hi Estrella

Are you weighing yourself at different times of the day because whatever you eat / exercise you do etc will affect what the scale say.

They say that to get the most accurate weight is when you get up 1st thing as there will be no food in your stomach

I know. I've tried in the morning too but my class is at 5:30!! I think my scales are broken haha. I weighed myself last time before class and I was 3lbs heavier on mine. But the week before, I was the same. :( I suppose tomorrow will tell. It's so disheartening when you think you've not lost but you've done so well!! Thanks for the replies.

I am a often weigher, I dont consider myself serial as I dont own scales lol they are at my parents. Last week I weighed myself one day and was at 14.3 3/4, a few days later I was 14.2, then back up again to 14.3. Went to WI a couple days later and was 13.13! It really is best to weigh on the same day each week and at the same time as this is more accurate. I just weigh so I can see that Im losing lol so silly x

Oh yes, best to ditch the scales and just weigh in group once a week, preferably the same group every week as well as your weight can vary depending what time of day it is. Our c was speaking about this in group on Monday. If you weigh at home constantly it messes with your head. Please try not to weigh every day. :)

i do this - and i always regret it! i weighed last night and was about 2lb heavier than when i weighed tonight (about 1.5hours later) - so i think it really can make a difference. i've done it before where it seemed i'd gained 3lb overnight - so disheartening. i really must try just to stick to the scales at group - they're far more accurate and reliable and they're the ones that count! xxx

Your scales sound crap. Throw them out or hide them.if they are not accurate then there is no point getting on them and winding yourself up.

My scales can set my mood for the day so I try to resist - the only ones that matter are your class scales x

I seem to be the opposite from you guys in that i will weigh at home, but i use it more as a guide, i know the sw scales are 1.5lbs out from my own (or the other way around) so when i weigh at home, i use the 1.5 difference to allow for my clothes...i generally use it as a way to make sure i'm going in the right direction, as long as it's the same or lower than what sw said the previous week i know i am on the right track, when it is higher i know i have to pull it back...this might change along the line though, at the mo we have a beneficial relationship lol
But certainly if it stresses you out, then throw those ******* away!

Get rid of your scales! You shouldn't have anything in your life that makes you sad of you can do something about it!

IMO weighing between weigh ins can only be detrimental. Either 'oh I've lost loads I can cheat a bit' or 'oh I've not lost/put on might as well not bother for rest of week'.
It's only the number on the scales at SW that matter (for those of us that go to class) any other weigh in is irrelevant, just a random number!

Thanks everyone. I totally agree! I'm going to bin them! You're right too, if you loose loads you feel you can maybe have a cheat or if you gain you think what the heck!! Wi tonight so well wait and see!!

Glad I'm not the only one :D xx

Back