• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My second first day on Slimming World! How's my food?

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
S: 15st2lb C: 14st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31.5 Loss: 0st11lb(5.19%)
Hi everyone,

I'm starting EE today and just wanted to run my food past y'all... if there is anything I'm doing wrong please shout - and any tips would be much appreciated!

--
Breakfast:
  • 2 Weetabix (HEXB) + 150ml semi skimmed milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Mid-morning snack:
  • 6 strawberries & 1 banana chopped and mixed with a large dollop of 0% Yeo Valley natural yohgurt
  • Cup of tea with milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Lunch:
  • Large salad made of iceberg, few green beans, tomato, cucumber and a tin of tuna (in brine) + one hard boiled egg + 1.5 level tbsp mayo (7.5 syns)

Afternoon:
  • Fruit (pear, nectarine, plum, satsuma, apple - probably not all of them!)
  • Pack of Walkers French Fries (4.5 syns)
  • Cup of coffee with milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Dinner:
  • Something like steak with new potatoes and green beans, 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
  • Chocolate mini milk ice lolly (1.5 syns)
--

So - by my calculations that's 14.5 syns for the day and 1 HexA and 1 HexB... is that right?

Am I ok having so much granulated Splenda? 6-8 tsp per day?

Willl my cereal and a couple of hot drinks go over the 250ml semi skimmed do you think? Should I be 'synning' the dashes?

Definitely need to get some extra light mayo - it's completely sapped my syn allowance!

Thanks...

Spots xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 18st12lb C: 10st2lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 22.2 Loss: 8st10lb(46.21%)
Hi have you measured out the milk? It's hard to estimate with milk, so it would be worth checking that as 250ml is a lot less than it sounds!

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Hi LL, no, I need to get a little measuring jug/bottle thingee for work... I have a pretty good idea as I've been calorie counting for a while and using 125ml on my cereal (measured) - you're right, it's not much! Will measure properly going forwards :) x

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
In a clever change of events I didn't end up eating my Weetabix, so my diary has changed somewhat...

Breakfast:

• 1 small pear
  • 1 plum
  • 1 cup of tea with a dash of milk (HexA) and 2 tsp Splenda

Lunch:

• Large salad made of iceberg, few green beans, tomato, cucumber and a tin of tuna (in brine) + one hard boiled egg + 1.5 level tbsp mayo (7.5 syns)
  • 6 strawberries & 1 banana chopped and mixed with a large dollop of 0% fat Yeo Valley natural yogurt

Afternoon:

• Fruit (nectarine, satsuma, apple - probably not all of them!)
  • Pack of Walkers French Fries (4.5 syns)
  • Cup of coffee with milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Dinner:

• Something like steak with new potatoes and green beans, 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
  • Chocolate mini milk ice lolly (1.5 syns)

x

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Back again...

Fruit - free
Salad - free
Tuna - free
Mayo - 7.5 syns
Alpen light bars x 2 - HexB
French fries - 4 syns
Ketchup - 1 syn
0% fat Natural yogurt - free
Milk in teas/coffees - HexA

So that's 12.5 syns... room for mini milk later if fruit not hitting spot!

Are those values right for EE??

Spots xx