My Size 10 Journey!

MissLJ

Hello fellow Slimming World dieters!

I am joining Slimming World for the first time next Monday. After numerous (failed) attempts at dieting with Weight Watchers, Tesco Diets, joining gyms etc, I have decided that this is it! This is the last time I will see the scales creep up to where they are just now!

After putting on a lot of weight during University, I haven't managed to lose much weight at all in the last 5 years. Any weight I have lost I have put back on and more! Moving in with my boyfriend hasn't helped with the weight loss either, as phoning a take away is a lot easier (and lazier!) than making a proper healthy meal. It's the dreaded Christmas party photos which have really made me determined to lose the weight once and for all. I haven't managed to fit into size 10 clothes since I was 17...this is my ultimate aim!

I'm not really sure what I weigh at the moment as my scales ran out of batteries and I (forgot?!) to replace them ;) So it won't be until next Monday that I really know the dreaded weight, can set myself achievable goals & start my weight loss diary on here :)

It would be great to hear some top tips & ideas that you use to stay on track, I'll need all the help I can get!

Looking forward to hearing from you & here's to a much lighter 2013!

LJ x

Hello fellow Slimming World dieters!

I am joining Slimming World for the first time next Monday. After numerous (failed) attempts at dieting with Weight Watchers, Tesco Diets, joining gyms etc, I have decided that this is it! This is the last time I will see the scales creep up to where they are just now!

After putting on a lot of weight during University, I haven't managed to lose much weight at all in the last 5 years. Any weight I have lost I have put back on and more! Moving in with my boyfriend hasn't helped with the weight loss either, as phoning a take away is a lot easier (and lazier!) than making a proper healthy meal. It's the dreaded Christmas party photos which have really made me determined to lose the weight once and for all. I haven't managed to fit into size 10 clothes since I was 17...this is my ultimate aim!

I'm not really sure what I weigh at the moment as my scales ran out of batteries and I (forgot?!) to replace them ;) So it won't be until next Monday that I really know the dreaded weight, can set myself achievable goals & start my weight loss diary on here :)

It would be great to hear some top tips & ideas that you use to stay on track, I'll need all the help I can get!

Looking forward to hearing from you & here's to a much lighter 2013!

LJ x

Hi LJ,

First of all welcome...... I'm a newbie on here too. :)

I am sure slimming world will be great for you. I rejoined for the second time 3 weeks ago and am already 9lb lighter. The first week, like most life changes can be a tough getting used to once into it it really is fab.

I tried so many silly diets before I joined last year and never seemed to get anywhere. I almost gave up thinking that being 13 1/2 stone was just how I was meant to be but on the advise of a friend I joined and 4 months later I was 10 1/2 stone. It's great that you can eat most things. It doesn't feel like a diet at all!!

I fell off later in the year because I got slightly cocky and stopped attending group (I really recommend you stay for the meeting as much as you can).

Good luck with your progress. Keep us updated :)

Gill

Thanks very much Gill! Well done on your 9lbs loss in 3 weeks, that's fantastic!

I feel exactly the same, thinking I'm just supposed to be this weight. I can't remember what it was like to be slim, I've become far too used to being a bigger girl!

I'm definitely going to take your advice and stay for the meetings, when I did Weight Watchers I only went to the weigh in then left, I think that was a big mistake.

Good luck for this week & I'll update after Monday's weigh in :S

LJ x

Hi LJ,

I've been doing SW for just over a year now and half lost 4 stone. I'd tried dieting before but nothing every really happened. SW has changed my life, and I hope it changes yours too.

Looking forward to following your journey :) x

Hi Toni, thanks for commenting. Congratulations on your weight loss! You look amazing in your picture :)

I think I'll take a 'before' picture before my weigh in on Monday, as much I can't stand getting my picture taken, to hopefully compare it to a much slimmer me would be lovely :)

Going to have a look at your diary to see if I can get any weight loss tips!

LJ x

Hi Toni, thanks for commenting. Congratulations on your weight loss! You look amazing in your picture :)

I think I'll take a 'before' picture before my weigh in on Monday, as much I can't stand getting my picture taken, to hopefully compare it to a much slimmer me would be lovely :)

Going to have a look at your diary to see if I can get any weight loss tips!

LJ x

Unfortunately my diary is in the silver section so you need 500 posts to read it, it's just to protect it from real life people really - sorry! But sure you're be at 500 posts in no time!

Hi LJ,

Ive also tried loads if diets before Sw, some of them bordered on starvation! But SW is the one that works.

Once you get going its so easy to follow, my one bit of advice is a meal plan, if I dont plan my meals i get a bit lost and complacent.

Good luck on your weight loss journey, and definitely take before and after pics, you'll be so proud of what you achieved :)

Hi GGGG123,

I definitely need a diet where I don't feel hungry all the time so SW sounds good for me!

I'll take your advice about planning meals. I'm terrible for just grabbing something for convenience which the majority of the time is an unhealthy, fatty option!

Will keep you all updated as of Monday!

LJ x

hi, I'm a newbie to this to. :) I have been slimming world now since the beginning of nov last year. This is about my 100 attempt lol I have also always been a big person. I'm only 21 but all my life I've been a bigger person! This time round for some reason is different. If your head is 100% in slimming world then you will do fantastically. This time round I have been head strong and lost 11 pound in my 1st week and 1/2 away from my 2 stone and I've only been doing it 2 months.. My biggest tip is will power. It's your worst enemy lol keep strong and you will do brilliant.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on
p.s also measure yourself you may not notice in weight but you will in inches!

Xxx

Hello HLBGirlie!

Glad to hear how well you're doing on SW :) You must have been over the moon to lose 11lbs in your first week, what an achievement!

Will power is what I lack the most, I always say the same thing 'oh this time I'm determined, it's different this time'...however, I truly believe that this time really is different, and hopefully I'll never have to start a diet again :) I know I'll need a lot of support and encouragement though, so hopefully using Minimins will help and I've warned my boyfriend to not let me stray towards fatty (yet delicious) foods lol.

I look forward to hearing more of your fantastic results!

LJ x

Hello HLBGirlie!

Glad to hear how well you're doing on SW :) You must have been over the moon to lose 11lbs in your first week, what an achievement!

Will power is what I lack the most, I always say the same thing 'oh this time I'm determined, it's different this time'...however, I truly believe that this time really is different, and hopefully I'll never have to start a diet again :) I know I'll need a lot of support and encouragement though, so hopefully using Minimins will help and I've warned my boyfriend to not let me stray towards fatty (yet delicious) foods lol.

I look forward to hearing more of your fantastic results!

LJ x

With the willpower I was the same I have done slimming world so many different times before and lost weigh then something has come up and I've given in and eaten whatever. This time I feel the same as you I feel that I will stick to it this time. I don't know whether I have just hit an age where in don't want be fat anymore. I need alot of support aswell my mum is doing it aswell but she is struggle as she is disabled. So I'm supporting her also.. I've warned my bf too and to be fair he is really helping me lol

ill keep in touch with you and see how your getting on. I'm glad I've found this minimins.. It's really helped me and the support from people like yourself is really appreciated :) xxx

Hi honey, I'm a newbie too! :)

You definitely sound like you're ready to do this and I too am on a journey to being a size 10! :) We shall do this together.

Good luck!!

xx

With the willpower I was the same I have done slimming world so many different times before and lost weigh then something has come up and I've given in and eaten whatever. This time I feel the same as you I feel that I will stick to it this time. I don't know whether I have just hit an age where in don't want be fat anymore. I need alot of support aswell my mum is doing it aswell but she is struggle as she is disabled. So I'm supporting her also.. I've warned my bf too and to be fair he is really helping me lol

ill keep in touch with you and see how your getting on. I'm glad I've found this minimins.. It's really helped me and the support from people like yourself is really appreciated :) xxx

Minimins seems great! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive. It's great your Mum is doing it with you :) I did Scottish Slimmers with my Mum when I was still at school and its really helps having someone in the same boat as you lol.

Tonight is my last 'Fat Night' before going to SW tomorrow so currently waiting on my last takeaway for very, very long time to arrive! One last treat before the hard work begins tomorrow :) I'm actually really excited about going to the meeting, I haven't felt like this going to previous slimming groups so fingers crossed this is a good sign!

I'll update this after the meeting tomorrow, see how bad the damage really is and get some goals set..the Size 10 Mission is on haha :)

LJ x

Hi honey, I'm a newbie too! :)

You definitely sound like you're ready to do this and I too am on a journey to being a size 10! :) We shall do this together.

Good luck!!

xx

Hi JessicaMolly!

Oh I really hope I'm ready to do this lol! Looking at your stats, I reckon we are almost in the exact same boat - 5ft3, and I'm guessing I'm around the same weight as you too!

Size 10 Mission is definitely on! Let's do it :) Good luck!

LJ x

Hi JessicaMolly!

Oh I really hope I'm ready to do this lol! Looking at your stats, I reckon we are almost in the exact same boat - 5ft3, and I'm guessing I'm around the same weight as you too!

Size 10 Mission is definitely on! Let's do it :) Good luck!

LJ x

Oh how funny! We can definitely do this together then! :)

Good luck x

Jess xx

Minimins seems great! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive. It's great your Mum is doing it with you :) I did Scottish Slimmers with my Mum when I was still at school and its really helps having someone in the same boat as you lol.

Tonight is my last 'Fat Night' before going to SW tomorrow so currently waiting on my last takeaway for very, very long time to arrive! One last treat before the hard work begins tomorrow :) I'm actually really excited about going to the meeting, I haven't felt like this going to previous slimming groups so fingers crossed this is a good sign!

I'll update this after the meeting tomorrow, see how bad the damage really is and get some goals set..the Size 10 Mission is on haha :)

LJ x

I had my first take away the other day and it mad me feel sick. All that Greece that I hadn't had for two months completely did not agree with me. Once you get into it there is things that you forget about having. Can't remember the last time I ate crisps. My syns are mostly used on things to help with my main meals like butter, gravy salad cream. I hardly have chocolate. Only after weigh in :)

good luck for tomorrow xxx

Hey
This is my third time at slimming world, 1st & 2nd time was shreding baby weight but this time is pure greediness and denial I was getting bigger. I got married 8 months ago and weighed 10st 6lbs only a stone off my ideal weight but then I got stuck in rut where I ate what I wanted and thought yea I'l be ok I'll start tomorrow. But tomorrow never came then christmas did and it spiralled out of control lol. Now 8 months on I gained 1st 2lbs so want to lose about 3 st in total to get me to 9st. Was thinking 8st 7lbs as Im only 4ft 11in but not sure we'll see x

This site is great and really can help on times of need, there been times I been on here in tears totally unrelated to my weight loss but I have had the support I needed :D

Slimming world is the best plan I have done by far and if it wasn't for me being cock sure of myself Id still be 9st 12lb lol Never mind like all of you I'd like to be a size 10 but a small 12 will do as the song goes.... shes a perfect 10 but she wears a 12, she saves a little room for me :D

Good luck to you all xx
Wendy xx

Good luck with your first meeting at SW today :)

Hey
This is my third time at slimming world, 1st & 2nd time was shreding baby weight but this time is pure greediness and denial I was getting bigger. I got married 8 months ago and weighed 10st 6lbs only a stone off my ideal weight but then I got stuck in rut where I ate what I wanted and thought yea I'l be ok I'll start tomorrow. But tomorrow never came then christmas did and it spiralled out of control lol. Now 8 months on I gained 1st 2lbs so want to lose about 3 st in total to get me to 9st. Was thinking 8st 7lbs as Im only 4ft 11in but not sure we'll see x

This site is great and really can help on times of need, there been times I been on here in tears totally unrelated to my weight loss but I have had the support I needed :D

Slimming world is the best plan I have done by far and if it wasn't for me being cock sure of myself Id still be 9st 12lb lol Never mind like all of you I'd like to be a size 10 but a small 12 will do as the song goes.... shes a perfect 10 but she wears a 12, she saves a little room for me :D

Good luck to you all xx
Wendy xx

Hi Wendy :)

Thanks so much for your message. I know exactly what you mean about the diet always starting tomorrow, I was always saying the same.

Haha I love the song quote! A 10 would be delightful however putting on a pair of size 12 jeans would be a dream :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes for tonight! Meeting is at 7:30pm - looking forward to getting my starter pack and starting my slimmer me mission!

LJ x

Back