My Slimming World journey

lauraf4

I decided to start my diary. It'll mostly be a place to keep track of what I'm eating but I also wanted somewhere to write about how I'm feeling each day.
So I'm 32 years old and just starting at a SW group Wed evening. I'm lucky as my partner wants to lose weight too so he joined with me. Yesterday was our first day and it went really well!
We are getting married in September so hoping to lose a little bit of weight before my dress fitting in August.
I've also just been diagnosed with Hasimoto's autoimmune disease. I had a very overactive thyroid which has now gone underactive. It can affect weight loss so I wanted to join SW to see if it would help. I'm currently 17st so have quite a lot to lose so hopefully SW will work for me :)

Hi,

best of luck losing some weight for your wedding. you must be so excited :)

subscribing x x

Thanks hun :)
Am really excited but have so much left to do.xx

So my second day on slimming world has gone really well! I don't feel like I'm starving myself or having to count everything which is good!

B: Shreddies (Hex B)
Almond milk (1/2 Hex A)
Banana (Free)

S: Apple (Free)

L: Left over passata pasta with peppers (Free)
Cheddar 15g (1/2 Hex A)

D: Sausage and Veg Goulash:
Heck sausages x 2 (2 syns)
Flour x 1/2 tbsp (1 syn)
Tomato puree, carrot, onion, pepper, butter beans, spinach, stock cube, paprika, brown rice (Free)

20170707_195152.jpg

S: Kinder bar (3.5 syns)
Options orange (1.5 syns)

Total: 8 syns
Weekly: 13/20 (2 days)

Last edited:
Glad you had a good 2nd day on sw. I think its such a great way of eating, mainly because you can eat as much as you want and don't have to starve lol

I got married with only 3 weeks notice so that's all the time we had to plan everything. it was only small but we loved it. hope you manage to get everything done soon so you can relax. what date are you getting married?

x x

Glad you had a good 2nd day on sw. I think its such a great way of eating, mainly because you can eat as much as you want and don't have to starve lol

I got married with only 3 weeks notice so that's all the time we had to plan everything. it was only small but we loved it. hope you manage to get everything done soon so you can relax. what date are you getting married?

x x

Our wedding started out small but seems to have gotten bigger! I'm quite chilled about it actually but he's starting to panic. I bet those 3 weeks went so quickly for you! We are getting married 9th September so have a few more weeks. xx

Goodluck on your journey I just restarted the other day too :)

When are you getting married?

Thanks :) we are getting married 9th September so starting to get excited now.
Good luck with your restart x

Today has started well, I've had free yogurt and for breakfast as OH wanted a cheese roll for lunch so I've got 1 wholemeal small roll and 30g cheddar for my A and B. He's doing really well sticking to SW too.
He's working this morning so I'm going to get some housework done. Then we have some wedding organising to do this afternoon so should keep me busy and keep my mind off of food :p

My 3rd day on SW and I am loving it! I already feel like I have more energy and I'm still not feeling hungry which is great!

B: Muller light (Free)
Apple (Free)

S: Banana (Free)
Goji berry bar (3.5 syns)

L: Wholemeal roll (Hex B)
Cheddar 30g (Hex A)
French fries (4 syns)
1tsp anchor (2 syns)

S: Muller light (Free)
Banana (Free)

D: Sausage risotto:
Heck chicken sausages x 2 (2 syns)
Low sugar ketchup (0.5 syns)
Carrots, onion, garlic, spinach, stock, Worcester sauce, rice (Free)

S: Options orange (1.5 syns)
Kinder bar (3.5 syns)

Total: 17 syns
Weekly: 30/30 (3 days)

Off to bed late as we finally watched the Star Wars Rogue One film...we don't seem to get much time to watch films recently so it was nice :)

Last edited:
Day 4 is the first day that I've struggled a little. I didn't get much sleep last night and I'm having a flare up of my overactive thyroid symptoms which makes me feel on edge. When I feel like this I usually use food as a comfort but I tried really hard not to. My OH was so lovely and he reminded me of the reasons that I am doing SW. Then he made me a lovely syn-free dinner. I had a few chocolatey snacks today but all within syns. My consultant said I can go up to 15 syns but I am aiming for 10 a day.

B: Goji berry bar (3.5 syns)
Apple (Free)

L: Wholemeal roll (Hex B)
Bacon medallions, scrambled egg in fry light and baked beans (Free)

S: Options orange (1.5 syns)
Mikado x 3 (1.5 syns)

D: Turkey mince, chopped tomatos, garlic, spinach, tomato puree and pasta (free)
30g cheddar (Hex A)

S: Kinder bar (3.5 syns)

Total: 10 syns
Weekly: 40/40 (4 days)

Back