My southbeach diet diary - restarted because its low gi and this is a busier forum :)

slimming-girl

Silver Member
After much thought and consideration I have decided to return to my new years resolution of loose weight the southbeach diet way, I've spent many a times jumping on and off the Cambridge diet and its not helping me get to where I want to be, yes initially I'm doing great then I self sabotage eat rubbish and feel upset and commence a vicious circle. I have pcos so low gi seems to be the way to go so that I can get a healthy bmi stabilised blood sugars and hopefully ttc a baby but I want a more balanced diet and a healthy bmi for my health and baby health. Hope to have company on here for support xx I paid for the southbeach diet web and it's been a god send for meal planning and shopping lists. I have 4 stone 4 to loose for a bmi of 25 and I'd like to go an extra stone on top of that but as soon as I hit 25 il be trying :). I have done a week so far and lost 4 pounds im pleased with that, ive started walking more and am aiming to do a minimum of 2 miles a day a maximum of 4 miles which takes me 1hour 15, hopefully that will reduce with weight loss :) its also good for the dog :) i also do pilates and i will be starting yoga once a week. Im not really a gym bunny so trying to find things that i enjoy and i can intiate into my day to day life and hopefully fuel the weight loss. From my biggest i have lost 7 pounds.

A friendly hello so far today ive had a nice bacon omlette, 4 mile walk and a cheese stick dinner is a nice chicken salad love the south beach :) xx

Congrats on your loss so far! Food is looking great. You sound really determined so I'm sure you will meet your goals. :) You're right that it's important to find exercise that is enjoyable for you personally, otherwise it's easy to start with great intentions and fizzle out (or such has been my experience anyway). Looking forward to having you around the forum. :)

(I started a thread in tech support asking that they move the SBD subforum to be a subforum here, the more votes the better I think! it's here in case you want to add your support to the idea: http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/267767-south-beach-diet-location.html. I realised when I mentioned it before that I didn't actually say where it was! oops!)

ive added my agreement so hopefully it will be moved soon :)

Welcome to the forum. You really sound focussed and positive about your goals. Nothing is more incentivising than your goal to get pregnant.
You seem to have got off to a very positive start so keep at it and keep posting!

Thank you, I am feeling motivated and I like that I want to do excersise and enjoy the food rather than starving I figure because i have a couple of stones il have some good losses :) x

Was reading about South Beach.. I didn't want to do a planned diet but is it helpful to get into a low G.I way of eating.. I have no problem with carbs.. having come off a low carb diet :) but I'm struggling with my sweet tooth atm.. and comming off the strictness of dukan is kinda hard to control myself Lol :eek:

I haven't done the dukan :) but found the treats on sbd nice it's not so much a diet as a way of life because there is all the different phases :) ricotta is nice with sweetener and a 1/4 tsp on vanilla x

Ah that's like Dukan with phases.. but ricotta would definitly NOT be allowed... it's high protein low carb/low fat/low sugar ... I might look into south beach, see if they have a book in the library :) thanks for your reply!

Lol I'm finding it very enjoyable instead of Cambridge :) x

Wishing you good luck on your journey.

I was never a gym person, I had been a member since August last year and just going in to do 30mins on treadmill but had no focus. In Jan I started Zumba class and another one (aerobics, step and body conditioning) and now a bit addicted to exercise. But it has taken me years to find the enjoyment factor!

I hope you find yours.

Hi so far so good, had a few hiccups but have managed to keep the momentum for excersise, so far I've done 3 x 4mile walks :) and I've done a Pilates class today. Today I did a little running not loads but enough to make me realise I quite enjoyed it so I think that will be one of my aims building up to some running. I've had a lovely Cobb salad and I'm off to rest up for a night shift. Really enjoying the diet this far :) x

Morning campers successful night shift plenty of water and no sweeties :) had my egg and bacon for breakfast yum off for a snooze now :) will do my 4 miles later in the snow yippee xx

4 miles done and a nice yoga class for a stretch out :) feeling super good x

I can't run 4 miles I walk it but I've started doing abit of a run with it :) every little helps :) x

Another 4 miles done 20 miles so far this week :) hope everyone else doing ok x

Well done on all the exercise. It's a great motivator.

I got the book today, do you stick exactly to the Phase 1 plan or do you go by the Food Allowed and the recipes?

I read the book and decided to join the online community it's 35.50 for 3 months. And the I get a weekly meal plan with a shopping list so it works it all out for me. I like format me otherwise I deviate :) i really enjoy the diet it's better than shakes :) x

Back