My start to healthier eating & getting in better shape

Hi, I'm a newbie and have read a few peoples diaries and wanted to create my own to motivate myself!

I'm a general size 10, never had much of a problem with my weight but my area of concern is my tummy & hips..which is where i tend to put weight on. The most i've weighed is around 10st, in a big size 12. I have tried slimfast with good results, as found that i didt have to think too much about plans & all that. However, I would like to avoid doing that again as want to change my lifestyle and eat healthy but not be too restricted. The least i've weighed is 8st 6. I'd like to get to 8st 7lb really, as think thats about right for my height & frame. I think with more healthy eating and regular exercise, that i should be able to do this over the next few months (i hope!). It would be nice to feel more toned.

I hope to post daily with the foods i've eaten and record any exercise, i think i may weigh every two weeks.

So far today i've had;

Breakfast-
Two shredded wheat biscuits topped with strawberries and semi-skimmed milk
small glass of pure orange juice

Lunch-
Boots shapers morrocan chicken cous cous salad & a pinapple snack
Walkers star crisps

Snacks-
costa latte & a benefit choc chip bar

Dinner-
Thinking of turkey fajitas

I am going shopping after work, so plan to fill up the cupboards with lots of healthy snacks, fruit, things for lunch at work - salads etc, plus things to make healthy dinner's with. I usually take in my own lunch to work, but didnt have a chance this morning. Plus i need to cut back on latte's at work, i norm opt for a skinny starbucks one as dont drink tea or regular coffee really. I may keep these as treats, as they are around 100cals. I may opt for herbal tea's perhaps.
I have cereal with fruit every day, so will look at low sugar ones, with skimmed milk and perhaps cut back on fruit juice. I want to make some tasty and filling salads for lunch and healthy evening dinners, watching my portions, which is my downfall!

I have bought some belly busting exercise DVDs and also have an xbox kinect i need to start using with the fella! Perhaps i may go for a jog once or twice a week too.

See how it goes!!

ooo just moved to calorie counting thread, as think this is what i'll be sticking too x

Back