My Starting from Scratch Diary - with some Foodie Pics x x

tulip85x

Silver Member
Hello!

Lil bit about me... I've been here before, but not so big! I originally started SW in 2010 after I got engaged to lose weight for my wedding in May last year. I did well, lost almost 4 stone, was so much happier with myself...

But after my honeymoon(s) the weight crept back on... I'd gained a stone and half before I'd been married a month! It's been a bit of a downward spiral (weight wise) since then, I knew I was getting bigger but I didn't really get HOW big still I saw some shocking numbers on my scales this morning...

Instead of getting me down it's spurred me on to do something about it! I'm going on holiday (all inclusive, bleh) 2 weeks tomorrow and although I know it's too late to do anything much about it, I know I could make it worse if I don't try!

So... Here goes... I'm gonna try by myself for a while, I hated going to group before... I never stayed, would just get weighed and run... I have the most recent set of books (I think!) and Google helps with syn values... But would appreciate any help if I look like I'm going way off track!

Day 1 - Whoop! (Extra Easy)

(Breakfast) - 2 x Alpen Light bars - Chocolate and Fudge (HEXB) and a Tangerine

(Lunch) - Salad - Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Peppers, Red Onion and Asda Chinese Chicken Skewers (1) Mullerlight - Cherry, Asda Pineapple Lolly

Tangerine, 3 x Maltesers (3)

(Dinner) - Young's Fish Fillet in Bubbly Batter (9) SW Chips, Mushy Peas, Ketchup (1)

Mullerlight - Vanilla with Chocolate Spinkles, Strawberries

Drinks - Tea (with sweetener and Milk from (HEXA)) Diet Coke and Diet Lemo

Syns - 14

x x

Last edited:
Have woken up with a headache today, and I have bad chocolate cravings! We have so much left over from Christmas, tins of biscuits and shortbread, sweets, cheese... And I want it all!! Don't really want to use all my syns this morning though... We're having a Game of Thrones day as I've just finished the book so hopefully that'll keep me occupied :)

Day 2 (EE)

(B) 2 x slices of WW Thick Wholemeal Bread (HEXB) dipped in 1 x Egg and "fried" in Frylight, with 3 x rashers of Bacon, all fat removed and a Pineapple Lolly

Banana, Tangerine, 2 x Chocolate Chip Cookies (7)

(L) Pasta & Sauce - Cheese and Broccoli, made with water (0.5) Mullerlight - Turkish Delight

(D) Turkey and Bacon Hotpot (Turkey, Bacon, Leeks, Mushrooms, Stock, Thyme) topped with Potato slices and served with Carrots

Highlights Hot Chocolate (2) made with 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA) 3 x Celebration Chocolates (6)

Drinks - Diet Lemonade, NAS Squash

Syns - 15.5

x x

Last edited:
Hi hun!

New book has just came out and incase you didn't know, if you only have 1x Alpen Light for a Healthy B instead of 2, it is now a speed food :)

I'm back on the plan myself after 4 months off. If I can do it, you can!

Good luck and happy slimming :D

Hey xx I have also just started back at slimming world after attending twice before. Both times I lost over 2 stone (baby weight lol) so I know I can do it this time too :D My story this time is I also got married, prior to doing so I told myself (stupidly) to put weight on to fit in dress as it was still baggy a month before so I did, only put 6lbs on but then christmas as been and gone and it spiraled out of control :( I went from 10st 5lb to 11st 8lb which was my start weigh in at class last wednesday. This week as been fairly easy but have noticed a few things have changed since last time lol However despite a few hiccups (all still in my 15 sins thankfully lol) I hope to have a great 1st weight loss hehe Do check your sins when having fat free yoghurts as I thought all fat free ones were free on extra easy but apparently there not so was texting my consultant this morning panicing lol coz half a tub of fat free yoghurt had been devoured with a fruit salad lol. Good luck with your slimming journey :D

I can't do it by myself so good luck, I need to go to classes and stay, it's the only way I can do it, those dreaded scales is Only way I stop eating rubbish. Good luck but yes a few changes in new book also the new success express plan.

Thank you for your replies, especially advice about Alpen Lights :)

I think I might have to get hold of the new books... Been mooching around the forums and I read that WW bread is no longer a HEX but when I weighed it 2 slices come to 59g so I'm still gonna count it! Bit gutted Ready Brek is also no longer a B... I have an unopened box :-(

Best of luck for your slimming journey

x x

Good Morning!

I'm feeling very pleased that I managed my weekend quite well! Even though we stayed in all day yesterday I didn't go nuts like I normally would! Working Monday to Friday this week so feeling quite positive about the week ahead.

Day 3 (EE)

(B) 35g Bran Flakes (HEXB) 150ml Semi Skimmed Milk (part HEXA) Grapes

(L) McCain Jacket Potato (1) with tinned Tuna, Mullerlight - Coconut, Pineapple Lolly, Strawberries and a Clementine

Apple

(D) Iceland Garlic and Herb Salmon Fillet (4) SW Chips and Salad - Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomato, Peppers with Kraft Light French Dressing

2013-01-07 18.58.03.jpg

Flake (7) from Selection Box, 1 x Celebration (2)

Drinks - Pepsi Max, NAS Squash, Tea with sweetener and Milk (rest of HEXA)

Syns - 14

x x

Last edited:
Day 3 (EE)

(B) 30g Ready Brek (5.5) with sweetener and Cinnamon, made with 150ml Semi Skimmed Milk (part HEXA) and a Banana

Clementine

(L) Wholemeal Roll - 60g (HEXB) with Ham, Lettuce and Tomato, Quavers (5.5) Mullerlight - Strawberry and a Pear

Strawberries

(D) Roast Dinner from Dad - Lamb Steak, all fat removed, SW Roast Potatoes, Carrots, Cabbage and Peas, Gravy (2)

Had a bit of a moment when I got home, had 2 x Celebrations and about 4 biscuits from a tin... Annoyed!

Drinks - NAS Squash, Tea with sweetener and Milk (rest of HEXA)

Syns - 30? (13 on planned things and 4 for Celebrations, approx 3 syns per biscuit?)

x x

Last edited:
Putting yesterdays biscuit blip behind me!! Feeling very drained and can't-be-bothered today...

Day 4 (EE)

(B) Kelloggs Special K Chewy Delight bar (HEXB) and a Clementine

(L) Batchelors Low Fat Super Noodles - Sweet Thai Chilli (I hope these are still free!) Mullerlight - Raspberry and Cranberry, Pineapple, Mango and Melon Fingers

Apple

(D) Syn free Chicken Goujons - Yummy!! (Mini Chicken fillets dipped in a beaten egg and Asda Smart Price Instant Mash mixed with Chives, Onion Salt and Garlic) SW Chips and Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber and Peppers, small drizzle of Heinz Salad Cream Light (2)

IMG_20130109_191543-1.jpg

Hartleys Jelly Pot - Apple and Watermelon (0.5)

Options - Belgian Chocolate (2) made with 250ml of Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA) Animal bar (5) Mini Jelly Babies bag (3.5)

Drinks - Water

Syns - 13

x x

Day 5 (EE)

(B) 2 x WW Wholemeal Bread (HEXB) with Clover Lighter (1) and Jam (1)

Banana

(L) Pasta & Sauce - Tomato, Onion and Herb, with 30g of Cheese (HEXA) Mullerlight - Cherry, Pineapple Lolly and Strawberries

Clementine, Melon and Grapes

(D) EL Beef Mince with Onions and Gravy (2) topped with Mashed Potatoes, served with Carrots, Cauli and Broccoli

2013-01-10 19.54.02.jpg

Graze box - Cookies and Cream (11) (Mini Cookies, White Chocolate, Hazelnuts and Sunflower Seeds)

Drinks - Water

Syns - 15

x x

Last edited:
Full of a cold type thing today, feeling quite miserable :(

Day 6 (EE) - WI tomorrow, eek!

(B) Mullerlight - Strawberry, and a Pear

Clementine

(L) WW Chicken Noodle Soup (2.5) Wholemeal roll (HEXB) with Clover Lighter (1) Pineapple Lolly and Strawberries

(D) Indian Takeaway (I was meant to be cooking a curry, oopsie) 180g of Chicken Rogan Josh (3.5) with Boiled Rice

Mullerlight - Turkish Delight, Freddo (5)

Drinks - Water, Tea with sweetener and Milk (HEXA) Diet Lemonade with fresh Lemons and Honey (3)

Syns - 15

x x

Last edited:
Good Mornings!

I am absolutely dying of cold today, my nose is so sore and red and my mouth is constantly dry! All I want to eat is tangerines and we have none til we go shopping! Feeling very sorry for myself today :(

In other news I lost weight! YaY! A whole 6lbs, which I'm very proud of :) Nothing like a good start to keep you motivated!

I think I'm liking the morning WI, previously when I did SW I had a Wednesday evening WI, and afterwards I used to have a "treat" night, read as stuff my face with whatever I wanted and not syn a thing! This time round, I'm not gonna do that, for some reason an evening off seems ok, but a whole day is a big no no!!

On to todays grubbles...

Day 7 - (EE)

(B) Pineapple Lolly, Mullerlight - Raspberry and Cranberry

(L) 2 x Egg Omelette with Bacon, Mushrooms, Onions and Tomatoes, topped with 30g Cheese (HEXA) and 2 x WW Wholemeal Bread (HEXB) with Clover Lighter (1)

Time Out finger (4)

(D) Cod fillet, dipped in beaten egg and Smash, with SW Chips and Spaghetti shapes

IMG_20130112_194254.jpg

Crunchie (9)

Drinks - Water, NAS Squash and Diet Lemo

Syns - 14

x x

Last edited:
Still feeling very poop today :( Gonna try going for a walk later, don't really fancy it coz it's so cold but I think the fresh air does you good! Think we're headed to New Brighton (not just fresh, but sea air!) They have a massive Morrisons and Home Bargains down there so hopefully I might pick up some treats! I've been after rose flavoured tea and the Douwe Egberts flavoured coffee for an age!

OH was talking about eating out too... There isn't much choice, there's a Hungry Horse pub, a Starbucks and a few cafes... Will go and peruse menus shortly!

Day 8 - (EE)

(B) Tangerine, Banana, Mulerlight Greek - Strawberry (0.5)

(L) Hungry Horse - Jacket Potato with Prawn Cocktail... Didn't like the sauce so wiped most of it off with a napkin then only ate about half anyway, I reckon no more than (3) for the sauce

Coffee made with 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA) Special K Chewy Delight bar (HEXB)

(D) Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Gravy (2) SW Chips, Peas, 2 x Onion Rings, baked (3)

IMG_20130113_190000.jpg

Drinks - Diet pop (with Lemons) Water, NAS Squash

Mini Jelly Babies bag (3.5) Mini Milky Bar (3)

Syns - 14

x x

Last edited:
Day 9 -(EE)

(B) 2 x Chocolate Weetabix (HEXB+2) made with 200ml hot Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA) - Dunno what possessed me, didn't like it at all and feeling a bit sick now!

Apple

(L) Deli Box Noodles - Chow Mein (1.5) Mullerlight Greek - Lemon (0.5) Pineapple Lolly and Strawberries

Clementine

(D) Scouse! (Stewing Steak, Onion, Carrots, Potato and stock, thickened with Gravy granules, would say (3) per portion) served with Beetroot and 2 x WW Wholemeal Bread (6) Clover Lighter (2)

IMG_20130114_183451.jpg

Drinks - Water, NAS Squash

Syns - 15

x x

Last edited:
Good Morning! It's my birthday today! I'm like a big kid and thoroughly over excited by birthdays! I was spoilt rotten :)

Hubby was gonna take me out for a birthday meal tonight, but as I'm still plagued by this evil cold and can't taste a thing I asked if we could stay in. I'm normally the chef (lol) in the house so he's suggested we get takeaway tonight, my favourite being KFC... I have about 60 syns to play with for the rest of the week, so from reading around the boneless box comes to about 33 syns... Leaving me enough to play around with for the last few days... Excited!!

Day 10 - (EE)

(B) Coffee made with Milk (HEXA) Special K Chewy Delight bar (HEXB) and a Banana

Pear

(L) McCains Jacket Potato (1) Ham and Tomato, with Kraft Light French Dressing, Mullerlight - Turkish Delight, Pineapple Lolly and Strawberries

Clementine, Lindt Bell (6.5)

(D) KFC - Boneless Banquet for 1 - 3 x Mini Fillets/Crispy Strips (9) Popcorn Chicken (10.5) Fries (10) Gravy (4)

Cadbury Egg n Spoon (10)

Drinks - Water, NAS Squash, Diet Pop

Syns - 51! Whoops! But it was my Birthday and I enjoyed them :)

x x

Last edited:
Due to last nights splurge in syns, I have about 11 to use until Saturday... Ooops!

Day 11 (EE)

(B) 2 x Alpen Light Bar - Chocolate and Fudge (HEXB) Banana

(L) WW Chicken Noodle Soup (2.5) Turkey Slices, Mullerlight - Turkish Delight, Apple

Clementine

(D) Spaghetti Bolognese - EL Mince, Mushrooms, Onions, Dolmio Low Fat Bolognese sauce (3 per 1/3 jar) served with Spaghetti and 30g Cheese (HEXA)

IMG_20130116_184043.jpg

Syns - 5.5

x x

Last edited:
Day 12 (EE)

(B) 2 x WW Wholemeal Bread (HEXB) dipped in 1 x Egg and "fried" in Frylight, with 3 x rashers of Bacon

Pear

(L) Deli Box Noodles - BBQ Beef (1.5) Mullerlight Greek - Strawberry (0.5) and Strawberries

Clementine

(D) Pizza topped Chicken - Chicken Breast, Tomatoes, Bacon, Mushrooms, Onion and some Chorizo (1.5) topped with Cheese (HEXA) served with a Jacket Potato, Clover Lighter (1) and Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Peppers and Cucumber

IMG_20130117_182922.jpg

After dinner I was really naughty and had a proper pig out... Not sure why, possibly because I've been trying to limit my syns with spending so many on the KFC... Annoyed at myself... Not expecting a loss this week, just hope it's not a gain, and that I can get my head around it properly after my holiday

x x

Last edited:
Day 13 (EE)

Trying my best for a 100% day, just having the normal amount of syns as I don't wanna munch my way through the evening like last night! WI in the morning!

(B) 20g Ready Brek (3) with sweetener and Cinnamon, made up with 150ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA)

Clementine

(L) WW Chicken Noodle Soup (2.5) 60g Wholemeal Roll (HEXB) with Clover Lighter (1) Mullerlight Greek - Lemon (0.5) and Strawberries

Graze box - Herby Bread Basket (4)

(D) Bird's Eye Baked to Perfection Cod Fillet with Tomato, Olive oil and Rosemary (4) New Potatoes and Peas

Syns - 15

x x

Last edited:
Good Morning!

I wasn't expecting a loss this morning so I'm very chuffed with my 2lbs off, meaning I've lost half a stone in 2 weeks!

This will be my last post for a while as I'm off on holiday! Last time I went away all inclusive for a week I managed to gain 6lbs! So I'll be trying my best not to do that again... I arrive back on a Monday so I do have nearly a week to undo some naughtiness before my WI 2 weeks today!

x x

Good Morning!

Back from my hols and back at it with a vengence! Whilst I tried to be good whilst away I wasn't perfect! Lots of bread, fruit juice, non diet fizzy and I did fall in love with the pancakes for breakfast, nom! I tried to cancel it out a bit with walking and swimming, but I think I'll be due a gain on Saturday!

Today is an EE day...

(B) 2 x WW Wholemeal Bread (HEXB) with slices of Ham and Tomato

Pear

(L) Batchelors Low Fat Super Noodles - Chicken, Mullerlight Greek - Lemon (0.5) and an Asda Pineapple Lolly

(D) Chicken Breast with 2 x Bacon, BBQ sauce (2) topped with Cheese (HEXA) New Potatoes and Salad - Lettuce, Cucumber, Peppers and Tomatoes, with Kraft Light French Dressing

IMG_20130129_182508.jpg

1 x square of Dairy Milk (2) Mini Jelly Babies bag (3) Mini Dairy Milk Caramel (4)

Syns - 11.5

x x

Last edited:
Back