My story!

Mummysturt1

Hi everyone
I'm Jodie, 27, married for 2 years and have a 2.5 year old boy, James. I'm also a yo-yo dieter.
I have been overweight since about 9years old, not massively but enough for people to treat me different.
I was the one who always fancied the boy but never got him.
I joined my first slimming club, slimming world when I was 15. I think I weighed in at about 12.5stone.
I lost oh around 4-5lbs. I then joined weight watchers put on a bit lost a bit. I have never got a half stone award at a slimming club. I even to this day tell myself that I need the group to be able to lose the weight, well now today I have realised I have been going to some kind of group for 12 years and its not happened.
I met my husband when I was 21 and weighed 11st 4. I then crept back up to 12.4 when I fell pregnant with James. Whilst pregnant I got up to over 15st, lost a stone when he was born then a little more after. Gradually over the year I lost a bit here and there.
In August 2011 I weighed 11st 10. I started a new job and now weigh 13.3.4.
So after trying ww, sw etc I am now giving ww one last try.
Probably not the best time to start, less then a week till Xmas but I am always one for oh ill start Monday or on the 1st etc.
I'm hoping to lose the 3.4lbs by Xmas day to get me back into 12,s.
sorry it's a long post but I think I'm goin to use this site for when I am struggling or doing well.
Please feel free to comment and offer how you have done on slim fast
Thanks for reading and here is to getting to target in 2013 once and for all!!!!! Xxx

Good on you for making the step to start today, you are so right you could lose a few pounds before Christmas day which will make you feel great, go for it and good luck xxx

WELCOME :)

Well done you for starting before Christmas, not many do start before xmas, but like above said, a few pounds off before xmas will give u a boost.

i didnt do slim fast, i did lipotrim to start with, a total food replacement diet, it was 3 milkshakes a day and thats it. no food, nothing, only shakes and water. then here i am on weight watchers getting the last bit off slowly. i lost nearly 5 stone in 3 months on lipotrim but it was HELL. weight watchers is SOOOOOOOOO easy.

good luck, here for you for support.

x x x

Welcome back!!! I'm back too :)

What I really want to say is that you CAN do it if you really really try, I've done SW and WW before but Sept 2011 I'd had ENOUGH! Completely applied myself as I was fed up of feeling crappy about myself and got to goal in March 2012 :) an amazing feeling!!!!

I then maintained until Nov 2012 as I went on the holiday of a lifetime which I had been focusing on, was out of this world and the food was amazing......however since then I simply can't get back into it and probably have a stone to get back off :-( I feel rubbish and its hard with it being Xmas but I WILL do it!!!

Dunno if this will help but I used to set mini targets, eg half stone or getting in a dress, my friends hen do etc...... It won't all come off at once but these mini victories will do you the world of good!

My other big help was my friend.....Gym! We need to get reacquainted which I know is gonna be tough but helps massively with weight loss and more importantly feeling great.

My incentive for 2013 is my wedding in November :) if that's not worth it I don't know what is!!!

Believe in yourself because you will get there and it's sooooo worth it!!!! Xxxxxxxxx

PS I intend to be back there asap! Xxx

I just can't seem to get on it. I'm gaining weight every day and need to sort myself out or my New Year's Day ill have lost control completely. I can't decide between ww and sf.

Firstly, stop beating yourself up!!!

Everyone finds it tough at this time of year and you have to be realistic, try and be good on the days you don't have anything on over Xmas...... Damage limitation is better than saying "stuff it" and just feeding your face for the sake of it, it will only make you feel worse!!!

Try and plan as best you can, I know this can be especially difficult over Xmas but again damage limitation!

As for choosing WW or SW...... I don't know the answer! I'm a WW faithful because it works for me, I also know plenty of ppl who love SW as it works for them! What I would be mindful of is portion sizes....... I ate far more on SW but lost barely anything, I don't think all those carbs agreed with me as I was terribly bloated!

If you choose WW be honest with yourself and track everything you put in your mouth, this DOES help!!!!

I know it's hard when you feel so down about yourself or your weight as it made me terribly unhappy but something will work for you..... Unless you stick to whatever you choose your not gonna lose 3.4lbs over Xmas week so be realistic but sensible :)

Good luck and I really do hope you have a nice Xmas Xxx

I'm thinking I may try ww. It's pretty easy to work around the guidelines here in the states, and there's a pretty good amount of food I can eat that i like.

Back