My SW journey - part II.

Chubbywitch

Hi all!

I'm Chubbywitch and I've decided to begin a new thread for the new year.

I began my SW journey on 18.03.14. at 11st 12lbs and reached my target of 9st 7lbs within 6 and a half months - yes, it can be done!
Take it from someone who literally would eat everything in sight, SW works and is the easiest and most beneficial diet I have ever undertaken, and there have been a few!
I have slowly climbed to 10st over the last few months. Stupidly it was simply a case of 'I've hit my target, I can treat myself' and whilst this is true, I also blew myself out of the water with my Christmas indulgences. New relationships also bring the LBS!

So, now I'm 7lbs heavier, rocking a second chin and a lot more unhappier with life so I'm back to undo what's been done.

Also, only gaining 7lbs is shocking! I deserve way, way more! I think this is in relation to the slow dropping of lbs through the SW diet and for that, I love it even more!

This will be my new food diary and I hope anyone who needs to chat / vent / help / correct me does so!
We're all here for the same reason and it's so much easier when you have people to talk to!

X

B: 2 coffees with whole milk (hexA) and 2 sugar (2 syns)
L: WM pitta bread (hexB) with poached egg, rindless bacon and grilled tomato. Scrap of light butter (1 syn).
More coffee (hexA and 1 syn)
D: Roast peppers served with turkey and veg chilli (syn free)

Won't tot up my syns just yet, as this is my first day back it, who knows what could happen. Really aiming to keep them low though! Need to do a shop ASAP!

Thanks Zafira & tatabubbly!
Getting back on the wagon is the first step.

Been AWOL from here for the last few days but had my first WI today and I'm down 3.5 lbs - aiming for more of the same for this week!

Today's been good so far -

B: Bacon with fat removed on w/m bread (hexB) with reduced fat butter (1 syn)
L: 4 Ryvita thins (5 syns) with Philadelphia Light Chives (hexA) and lean ham (F)
D: Lasagne made with EL mince, tonnes of veggies, homemade syn free sauce, w/m lasagne sheets and reduced fat cheese (rest of HexA) with sweet potato fries (F) and salad (SF)

1 litre of water drank so far today and a cup of green tea.

Did a shop and got 3 different Philadelphia spreads, reduced fat cheese, muller light yogurts, wholemeal pasta, Ryvitas, frozen berries, sugar free jelly, chicken fillets, turkey mince and EL beef mince. That should keep me on track for a while! :)

Stuck to plan except I had a Cadbury's Caramel also, oops. Damn selection box needs to go now!

So, another 9 syns on top of my original plan. Leaves me at 15 syns for the day which is OK I guess!

OK, yesterday was good even if I did hit my max syns!
Going to try keep them at 10 today.

B: Coffee! Was dreaming about the stuff! Used a dash SK milk and 1 sugar for each cup so 2 syns. I usually use my HexA for SK milk, reduced fat cheese and Lightest Philadelphia because I never use the full amounts of each that are allowed. Also, I know breakfast is important and shouldn't be skipped, but I really dislike eating when I really just am not hungry. Feels like force feeding almost!
L: W/m roll (HexB) with Philadelphia Light Garlic, lean ham, salad leaves, tomato and onion. Will have a cup or two of green tea also.
D: My free and very filling lasagne with sweet potato fries and salad (this will be my dinner for the rest of the week, and I won't get sick of it!)

I like prepping a meal and dividing it up for the week ahead. Not sure what to do for next week though. Any ideas are most welcome :) Something which is mostly if not completely free and freezable :)

Ooooh do tell how your lasagna is free? How do you do your white sauce?

Well, it's free if I'm using the reduced fat cheese as HexA, which I do! I used EL mince, lots of veggies, make my own sauce from passata, garlic, tinned tomatoes, herbs and spices and the white sauce I make using fta free natural yogurt mixed with an egg and some grated nutmeg. It's surprisingly really nice! Sometimes I use Philadelphia Lightest if I've no yogurt handy. Sometimes it's hard to get the fat free natural yogurt. :)

Today was a good day!

Breakfast was the coffee with my HexA and 2 syns for sugar.
Skipped lunch because I had to go out unexpectedly.
Had 2 Ryvita with Philadelphia Light Garlic & Herbs when I got back so that's 2.5 syns and HexA.
Dinner was my lasagne and sweet potato fries with some roasted carrots and corn on the cob - I think they're still free on EE days??
I reckon total syns today was 8 syns as I had some more Philadelphia with my corn on the cob (addicted, I know!).

Happy Wednesday :)

I need to remember to log in here every day!
Had a good few last days. Kept within syns, except for yesterday! Got home from work, had my lasagne and sweet potato fries ready to go, but dinner had been made for me - rpast chicken, veg, cheese sauce (oops!), mash and stuffing. It was snowing here a little and really cold, so I regret nothing! :)

So today;

B: WM pitta, 3 rashers no fat, philadelphia lightest.
Coffee w/ sk milk & 1 sugar

L: Lasagne with rocket salad and tomatoes.
More coffee!

D: Chicken and cous cous - aldi cous cous, need to check the syns for this one!
Change of plan for dinner! Had chicken and wm pasta instead!

Don't think I maxed out syn wise as pasta was mostly free except for some cheese!

Snacks: Muller light, satsumas and a banana

Last edited:
Such a long, slow day in work today! Feeling hungry and tired and watching the clock for 6pm to roll around!

So today:

B: Scrambled egg, tbsp Philly lightest and turkey (HexA)
Coffee x3 so far! (3 syns) (hexA)

L: Pasta (last night's leftovers!) - reckon some syns in this as may have hit my quota for HexA, but then again only a small bit of the lightest Philly, a normal drop of SK milk in my coffees and reduced fat cheese on the pasta, so maybe not too mnay syns. Need to track this better!
Rocket, spinach and tomato salad also.

S: 2 satsumas and a banana.

D: Tonight I'll have the cous cous and chicken! Or who knows, I could be editing this again later knowing me!

Commuting in this weather is sooooooo annoying!!!!!!! Dreaming of holidays and nice things for the next 2 and a half hours!!!!

Or who knows, I could be editing this again later knowing me!

Oh don't I know that feeling, I write my plan for the day and then I get peckish and its the snacking where I am synning. I need to prepare more. Maybe I will get my arse into gear this weekend!

Here to subscribe :)

Well done on getting to target, you don't have much to go! I am only the teeniest bit jealous ;)

Welcome :)
Well, judging by your stats your journey has well and truly started and is going in the right direction! :)

I haven't weighed myself in a while so i don't know where I am at the moment! I usually do it in the mornings but I've been getting up early and rushing to get out in time so I keep forgetting. I don't bother to do it when I get home then because 1) all I want is to put my dinner on and shower and 2) I've already eaten throughout the day so I've convinced myself it's inaccurate lol!

Anyway, tomorrow I'll remember!

Turkey sausages have entered my life and I love them! I honestly prefer them to pork sausages. They actually are in a pork casing so maybe that's why the difference isn't too noticeable! :)

So today:

B: 2 turkey sausages (5 syns) on wm toast (1 slice, hexb) and butter (5 syns).
L: Salad with mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, scallion, ham & turkey (SF & F). Second slic wm bread (hexb).
S: Pear & 2 satsumas.
D: Turkey stir fry (SF & F)

I need to be better! I've been going over syns and it needs to stop! Someone do a salad challenge please! Lol! And would the Summer ever hurry up!

Lol thanks tatabubbly! Make's me feel a little less guilty!
I know! So over this cold! Plus, eating salads and drinking water is way easier when the weather's good :)

B: Porridge (hexb) with honey (1 syn), cinnamon & banana
L: W/M pitta (8.5 syns) 2 turkey sausages (5 syns) scrambled egg, tomato, onion and Philadelphia G&H (hexa)
D: Chicken & veg stir fry - made with soy sauce & fish sauce (free)
S: Muller light with mixed berry thrown in - amazing!

Just had my lunch and I'm already looking forward to dinner! (Oink oink!) Lol!

OK, I'm not being very strict at all lately!!!!
The weekends are killing me! Beer, wine, cocktails, food! Although this weekend I had two birthday's so it was always going to be a bad one!
I've been good during the week though! And I will be good all this week, including the weekend! I'm trying to keep syns low throughout the week though..

Monday:
B: 2 boiled eggs, bacon (no fat), scallions and 1 tbsp Philadelphia Light (HexA)
3 coffees with SK milk & sugar - 4.5 syns
L: Cous Cous (3 syns) with stir fried chicken & veg (F & SF)
S: 4 satsumas, apple, pear, Muller Light
D: WM pitta (HExB) with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, scallion and reduced fat cheddar (rest of HexA)

Tuesday:
B: 2 boiled eggs, ham, scallions, 2 tbsp Philadelphia Light (HexA)
Green Tea
3 coffees with SK milk & sugar (4.5 syns)
L: baby boiled potatoes with beans and Philadelphia Light (HexA)
S: Muller light, banana, apple, pear, 2 satsumas
D: Chicken and veg stir fry 9Maybe! i might be really hungry when I get home so I may have another pitta like yesterday. Trying to keep carbs low though!)

So change of plan to yesterday's dinner.
I made chicken risotto instead - syn free and amazing :) I used some ff natural yogurt to make it creamy. The trick is to season it well..

So for today...

B: Same as yesterday - 2 boiled eggs, ham, scallions and tbsp Philadelphia Light. (HexA)
3 x coffee with SK milk (HexA) 3 syns for sugars.

L: Risotto from last night
S: Satsuma, pear and muller light

D: My friend just asked me to join her for dinner! I think this will be a blow out, but I'll try to keep the damage to a minimum!

Back