My vacuum cleaner is dead

Elie

Silver Member
Hi!

I don't know where to post this so feel free to put it elsewhere :eek:

My vacuum cleaner is not working properly at the mo, and I don't want to go to a repairshop if I can repair it mayself.

When I take the head of the end of the vacuum, the power is very strong and it vacuum cleans very well. BUT when I put the head on, to hoover the carpet or any large surface, the succion power is non existant! I checked, nothing is blocked or anything :confused: If you have any idea, please share with m. Otherwise, tomorrow, I will go and buy a new one, because I cannot keep hoovering with only the pipe!:mad:

Elie

I have no ideas and no advice other than...........always keep a vacuum cleaner spare as a back-up! Just in case.

My flat is disgusting now :sigh: cos I have not been able to hoover properly for two weeks :sigh: and with the guinea pigs, I have hay and woodshavings trails everywhere.:mad:

I think I will buy a new one, a BETTER one :D

Hi Ellie,

Go back and double check for blockages, I checked my vacuum twice when it died on me. Went back the next time and found a wine gum (?) stuck in one of the parts. Worked a dream after, was positive there was nothing there before though.

Good luck :)

i wouldnt buy another dyson, it was costing £2 everytime for a new band, it just kept snapping.
i've got a pet one now, was £50 from Argos and can honestly say i have never had such a magnificent hoover before!!!
there has got to be a blockage somewhere in the head. After saying that we always took the head off and just used the pipe bit on our other one as it would not hoover anything up. i wonder if it is pet hair clogged up somewhere you cant see?

I love my vacuum, a Roomba.
th_connie_49.gif
I'd hate to go back to a 'regular' one now.

I've had a roomba for a few years now, but have recently bought the latest model which is even better.

I have mine set to go off at 3:00am and it takes itself off it's charger, cleans each room one by one, then returns back to the charger all on its very own :clap: It's fantastic. Cleans really well...and even better, I don't have to be there :D

Having said that, I do still need a regular one for DH to clean the stairs ;)

[youtube]G4kWuPmaoro[/youtube]

No pets :D Have babysat a dog though and she was bemused by it :D

Also my friends baby used to love it 'bumping' into her (it's very gentle). Kept her amused for ages :D

I love my vacuum, a Roomba.
th_connie_49.gif
I'd hate to go back to a 'regular' one now.

I've had a roomba for a few years now, but have recently bought the latest model which is even better.

I have mine set to go off at 3:00am and it takes itself off it's charger, cleans each room one by one, then returns back to the charger all on its very own :clap: It's fantastic. Cleans really well...and even better, I don't have to be there :D

Having said that, I do still need a regular one for DH to clean the stairs ;)

[youtube]G4kWuPmaoro[/youtube]

That is the coolest thing ever!!!!

Now I wouldn't mind doing the housework if I had something like that :D

Elie xx

My Dyson is a bit like that, by attaching just the brush to the pip the suction is rubbish, but pipe by itself is fine. A mystery

Mine is just the same, one a certain carpet in my house it doesn't pick up dirt,cat hairs when used as a normal hoover, but when I use the pip it works fine!

I'd love to have one of the rombas they look so cool and to think you wake up to a clean house every morning. THe only thing is i have to 9month old kittens and they would chase it around all night and make a racket and prob break it, they seem to like playing with everything and anything whether it moves or not!

I thought KD was joking but I've just seen hers advertised in the newspaper and on sale at Lakeland (Plastics)

Is that where you got yours KD or if not where

Sounds absolutely great

Irene xx

I thought KD was joking but I've just seen hers advertised in the newspaper and on sale at Lakeland (Plastics)

Is that where you got yours KD or if not where

Sounds absolutely great

Irene xx

Nah, don't get one from Lakeland. Much that I love Lakeland! They don't do the later model. The earlier models which I've had for a few years, though great, are missing something very useful in the 560. The ability to schedule, so it sets itself off, and having it take itself back to the charging base is a goodsend.

I got my first one about 7 years ago (from Ebay) and went to ebay again for the 560. Can't find it anywhere else in England:confused:

I'm after the scooba now BTW. It's the same sort of thing, but washes the floors :clap:

Run out of money though :(

Back