My weight loss dilemma. Any feedback appreciated.

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
I started VLCD this past Monday with all good intentions to carry it on. This week the weight losses have been VERY slow compared to the last time I did CWP. But today, I have lost total of 6 lbs this week so I am happy with that.

However, I have just discovered that, as I currently do not have a job, after a week or so from today I will not be able to afford doing this anymore. This is the ONLY diet where I have been 100% successful with in the past (I lost 7 stones with CWP in the past.)

This does mean that I am probably going to have to switch over to Weight Watchers or Slimming World (prob WW as I know all about that diet) BUT I need to lose around 7 stones again, I don't know if this will be possible for me on WW as I have a short attention span and losses have to be quick for me to see a difference.

Another thing that is getting me down regarding this, is that I am putting things off that I want to do in life (as they are physically demanding) until I lose a lot of weight, but with WW or SW it could take over a year (if I last that long.) This might sound silly to some people, but as I am basing everything on my weight loss and this could now take ages and ages, this is quite a scary thought.

Good luck with whatever you decide. But in my experience, when trying to buy healthy food I can easily spend as much as I do on the Cambridge packs. Fingers crossed you find something else to cut back on..... alternatively get yourself on ebay. My first time round I pretty much funded 4 months of CD by just selling stuff lying around the house.

I didn't mean I would buy special diet foods. I would have what my family has anyway, just smaller portions. This is such a difficult decision for me. I might just try and find ways of continuing VLCD, some how.

As a quick suggestion if you're struggling with cost of doing vlcd, which if having to buy food for others in family I can see as an issue , then I'd suggest alternate day dieting JUDDD. It's weight loss varies from 1-3 Lbs a week, but being male may be more.. It's more lifestyle change tho with it.

There is cheaper options than cd, slim and save and exante being other vlcd's.

good luck with whatever u choose

Back