Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

My weight loss has almost stopped...:(

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by happypear, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. happypear

happypear Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.85%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting (formerly WW PP)
    And I'm only half way to my goal :mad:. Warning, rant ahead. I don't mind if no-one reads this, I just need to ramble!

I’ve been dieting (WW Pro-Points) since the end of January this year. For the first five or so months my weight loss was steady, if a little on the slow side, usually around a pound a week. More recently, it has really slowed down to the point where it is taking 2 or 3 weeks for me to lose a pound. I’ve lost 2st 10lb in 8 months which I’m proud of but it’s not a lot considering my starting weight and the length of time I’ve been at it!

About 6 weeks ago I joined the gym – I’ve been doing 5 days a week with 2 days of an hour’s cardio and 3 days strength and this has not increased my weight loss at all.

I’ve come off WW Pro-Points onto calorie counting with My Fitness Pal a couple of weeks ago … I’m female, 5’9”ish, large build and weigh 14st 10lbs. I’m eating 1400 calories a day (which should equal a loss of 1.5lbs per week or more based on my activity level) occasionally a few more at the weekend. I’ve tried eating more, eating less, excercising more…. No matter what I do, it makes no difference. I think people are starting to think I’m a secret eater. My partner (female, 5’1”) has lost about a stone more than me doing exactly the same diet so that is doubly frustrating. Because she’s a shorty it’s much more noticeable on her too. People probably think I’m stealing her food!

Sorry for the ramble… I just don’t know what else to do. When weight loss plateaus people either say eat less, eat more or exercise more. Unless I move my bed into the gym and wire my jaw shut I don’t know what else I can do.

I was considering a drastic change of diet, i.e. Atkins, although I don’t think it would necessarily be the best thing for my sluggish digestive system (without being a bit TMI!) or how long-term it has to be, or even how healthy it is. I’ve never been interested in faddy diets but I’m getting so frustrated – what is the point in seeing more of the gym than I do my own living room for pretty much zero reward? If I wanted to lose no weight I'd be sat at home watching telly rather than killing myself swinging a kettlebell around like a div!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa50

Lisa50 Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(14.41%)
    Diet:
    Adrian Matthams Hypnoband/Low Carbs
    Happypear, it is disheartening when you work so hard and watch what you eat and the weight stays the same. Try cutting back on the carbs for a week and see if that kickstarts your weight loss, sometimes a change in what you eat makes a difference. Anyway, good luck.

Lisa

4. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I went through this last time, could I hell break the 199lbs mark, I was trying for ages and ages! infact every stone mark i had problems - just keep battling on and you will start shifting it again. xx

5. happypear

happypear Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.85%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting (formerly WW PP)
    Thank you for the replies :D. I know I need to just keep going, this is exactly what my o/h says to me but it's just so frustrating seeing no results. Getting from 15st 5lbs to 14st 10lbs has been the longest battle, and no matter what I ate or what exercise I did it seemed to make no difference!

I went to the gym and punched out all my anger on the cable machine so feel a bit more positive now :D. Slow weight loss is better than none, I guess it's just the way my body works. Even though it's been slow it's better to lose a couple of stone over 8 months than it is to stay the same or gain.

Thanks again for replying. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.