My weight loss journey- Any advice would be greatly appreciated

VickyN1990

Hello,

So I am 24 years old and have always struggled with my weight. I am a fitness fanatic and lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years.
With a lot of over indulging in the festive season, i seem to have put a lot of weight back on.

I am extremely self conscious and have very low self esteem.
I go to the gym 5 times a week for about an hour but depending on the day, i can sometimes be there for 2/3 hours. I eat healthy but I do love to eat out.

My goal is to lose a further 3 1/2 stone which will take me to a healthy BMI.
Today I booked a holiday for the 19th September, and I would love to feel confident in a bikini. I would really like to lose 3 1/2 stone before the holiday, I know it will be a tough journey but it will be so worth it... finally I can get some confidence back.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with any healthy diets that have helped them.
I do work in an office but it is right next to the gym I am a member at. But sometimes I do work away.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Vicky,

I'm 23 and can relate to the self-esteem issues and the weight struggle - I've been quitting and restarting my diet plan for 5 years!
It sounds like you're already doing plenty of exercise and know a lot about healthy eating, so maybe use something like MyFitnessPal to keep a food diary and help you reduce cals? I've cut cals to 1200 per day and am hopeful for good results, but your needs might be different.

I usually divide calories something like this:

Breakfast: small bowl of bran flakes or oat clusters with fresh fruit, 300 cals
Lunch: Wholewheat pitta bread stuffed with salad, or 2 slices of toast with a scrape of cream cheese and cucumber - 250 cals
Tea: Chicken breast with green beans, broccoli, mushrooms, sweet potatoes and peppercorn sauce - around 500 cals
Supper: Knorr thick vegetable soup, 150 cals.

= 1200 cals.

I have cut out pasta, cheese, white rice, white bread etc - because I don't have the willpower to be moderate with it but you might have. I've lost 3lbs in my first week. Good luck.

Make healthy selections for protein,fish and poultry and limit the amount of red meat in your diet. Plan to reduce your intake of fat in your diet, animal fats and other fats. Use healthy oils such as virgin olive oil and canola oil when cooking. Bake or poach your fish and poultry to help reduce the amount of fat in your diet. Eliminate or reduce your consumption of fried foods, such as donuts and potato chips. Try healthier choices such as popcorn and rice cakes.

Back