My Weight loss journey to past

Hi All,

I am very happy that I joined this group and am starting my weight loss journey tomorrow. I had gained a whooping 30 kgs after my baby 3 years ago and havent lost that weight. I have been struggling with weight all my life but want to now take control and not be sad not being able to wear all the lovely dresses or hiding behind someone in pictures. I am very excited and looking forward to the first day of my diet. I am on Exante total replacement and will be eating 3 portions of shakes, bars or food each day. I do plan to go to gym but will depend on how much energy I have left. I have been on and off diets but have not successfully lost any weight. I am going to see my family after 2 years in Oct and want to surprise them. I am planning to log my weight after waking up every morning but my official weigh ins will be Mondays.Hoping to get your support and looking forward to doing this together with you lovely lot. Starting weight is 180 lbs
Target is to lose 30 lbs by 7th Oct.

Last edited:
Welcome Slimtriadiva to MiniMins:)

We do have a diary forum here for Exante and I can move it to there if you would like as it would probably get more attention and support but if you are happy here that's ok.

Here is a link below to the forum ...
https://www.minimins.com/forums/exante-diaries.213/

Good luck on your Exante journey!

I have moved your diary here to the Exante diary forum and left an expiring redirect.

If you ever want it moved again just let me know:)

Hello again,

The day is going fine but I have a splitting headache which is not going away.
Had a bar for breakfast and green thai curry (exante) for lunch
Also had a beanies coffee which was nice.
Can someone suggest how to get rid of headaches ?
I am not hungry at all, infact feel quite full and had 2 litres of water since morning.
Am planning to have a shake for dinner but this headache is really bothering me.
Any suggestions welcome.

Have you taken a painkiller? You might get these for the first 3 days as it's sugar withdrawal. The best thing to do it tackle it so it doesn't dampen your motivation.

No i didnt. Just went to sleep. Woke up and had some beanies coffee again. Just had my dinner which was the chocolate pudding pack from exante. Not to my taste but Feeling much better now. Will keep a painkiller handy now as i was on verge of giving up today. Never had such horrible headache. Thanks joannek. I am feeling more confident. Had a good day 1 and looking forward to day 2. I am hanging in

Hiya Diva! Hope you're feeling okay now! I'm not sure if its the same but I suffer from migraines, and find that they come on from dehydration if I have 2l or less of water. Had a horrific one this morning, paracetamol didn't help. I found it vanished after consuming another litre of water! ...Everyone is different though, but in case it's a similar issue I thought I'd share x

Glad rest helped Hun. My doctor insists there is no good reason to stay in pain if you can do something about it. You had good water intake but pinkpony is right dehydration can be a cause. Keep the tablets handy as they can make all the difference.

Thanks JoanneK and pinkpony. I will try and up my water intake tmw. Plan to hit the gym tmw morning for a 30 min quick cardio but will skip if I am low on energy.

Good luck with your weight loss journey stdiva........hang in there for the first few days it gets easier. Hope you enjoy your gym session, I admire your commitment, I am only managing a 30 minute walk every second day, but am on holiday atm and will be back at work next week, full time and on the go non-stop there, that's my excuse anyway. Thinking of you and willing you on in your first week......we can do this!!!!

Good Morning ladies. Its a new day and am hopping it will be better than yesterday due to all the headaches I had. I could not stop myself from getting on the scale and to my surprise have lost 4 lbs. is it possible to lose 4 lbs in 1 day or is it just water weight.Either ways I am a amazed and very happy, This motivates me to tackle the day today. Have friends coming over for dinner tonight so am a bit worried. How do you wonderful ladies manage dinner parties or social gathering. Do you tell your friends you are on a diet and excuse yourself (as I will be doing all the cooking :)) ?

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOmRWIA/

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOmRWIA/

Well done. To be fair I avoid as much as I can, where possible to I do blame the nausea from my meds for no appetite as the most surprising people can be negative about this. On the other hand those you thought would be arsey can be great. My first time I started it and wanted a week over before telling my mum, I had my little brother up and told him to say nothing yet and he laughed and told me mum was 2 weeks in and wanted a fortnight over before telling me. We were each others best support.

I agree JoanieK. Sometime people are so negative instead of supporting us on taking on this difficult journey to make a change and improve our health and well being. I like the excuse which I will use too today I am thinking ;)

Haha I suppose it's only a half lie. They do make me nauseous I'm just being selective with the truth. I know come about 7 weeks down the line I'll have to tell a few people but the last 1/2 I plan to do by elongated refeed so I should do ok without telling too many.

Hiya Diva!
My friends are quite supportive as they can see a difference and I frequently get told they admire my self discipline and they don't offer me food or act sympathetic towards me. It helps that one of them is doing CWD so fully understands my plight! I cook for others frequently, and will prepare my meal replacement when food is ready to serve, and eat it very slowly at the table with them.
Family is a little different- they don't seem to understand and I often get the "come on, one little bit of chicken won't hurt!" Especially older family members. Ironically it's usually the same ones who have spent years disparaging me over my weight gain.

Hello ladies. I was able to manage with a mouthful of fiod skipping my dinner replacement in lieu of food but i was spot in with the portion. I would have got twice as much calories 400 though but am committed to gym tmw morning and will get a 30 min cardio session in. Had a very mild headache in afternoon but was not close to as bad. Have been a bit lazy but overall cannot complain. Still holding on and looking forward to day 3. Will resist weighing until weekend now. See u lovely lot tmw and hope u have a strong day

Hello lovelies,

Had a good day. Burned 400 calories in gym doing stairs and am going strong. Feeling much better than day 1. no headaches yet. Water intake has been compromised though as had been really busy with work since morning. Had a porridge for breakfast which was barely eatable but was too hungry. Lunch was a chocolate cookie but did not feel hungry despite. Looking forward to dinner which am hoping will be hot food (maybe thai curry or noodles). Managed not to check my weight today but cant wait to weigh in tmw morning. Speak tmw with updates

Back