My weight loss starts today

PieFox

Hello all, thanks for having me on board. Here's a bit about me:

I live in Derbyshire, but am originally a Scouser. I used to weigh just under 9 stone and was moderately active (I worked in kitchens, cycled there and went hill walking at weekends), but then I got a desk job that I commuted to by bus and the pounds piled on. I've been vegan for nearly 20 years and eat a lot of fruit and veg, so I've always been nutrition conscious, but the amount I eat hasn't gone down since my activity level dropped and I've developed a real love of dairy-free ice cream.

Last year, I took up fell running with my lithe, sporty boyfriend and did a 200 mile bike ride. I was just starting to get fit when I broke my foot (doing DIY at home, not exercising!) and activity stopped for a while. I got lazy, drank too much beer and ate too many crisps. I now weigh 11 stone, have a BMI of at least 27 and feel flabby and rubbish. I can only fit into two of my pairs of trousers.

I've calculated that at my age and height and with not much exercise, I need to burn around 1,600 Calories in order to stay the same weight. If I resume running, cycling and hill walking, that figure goes up to around 2,000.

I'm going to have a two-pronged approach to weight loss; both stepping up my exercise level and cutting back on the food I eat. I've started Calorie counting in order to help with this and given up crisps completely.

Any comments or tips are welcome. Thanks x

Hello and welcome!!
Sounds like you are going about it the right way!! My gran always says Lsss in the mouth and more up and about lol!!

Back