My weight loss starts today

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PieFox, 21 September 2011 Social URL.

1. PieFox

PieFox New Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    vegan
    Hello all, thanks for having me on board. Here's a bit about me:

I live in Derbyshire, but am originally a Scouser. I used to weigh just under 9 stone and was moderately active (I worked in kitchens, cycled there and went hill walking at weekends), but then I got a desk job that I commuted to by bus and the pounds piled on. I've been vegan for nearly 20 years and eat a lot of fruit and veg, so I've always been nutrition conscious, but the amount I eat hasn't gone down since my activity level dropped and I've developed a real love of dairy-free ice cream.

Last year, I took up fell running with my lithe, sporty boyfriend and did a 200 mile bike ride. I was just starting to get fit when I broke my foot (doing DIY at home, not exercising!) and activity stopped for a while. I got lazy, drank too much beer and ate too many crisps. I now weigh 11 stone, have a BMI of at least 27 and feel flabby and rubbish. I can only fit into two of my pairs of trousers.

I've calculated that at my age and height and with not much exercise, I need to burn around 1,600 Calories in order to stay the same weight. If I resume running, cycling and hill walking, that figure goes up to around 2,000.

I'm going to have a two-pronged approach to weight loss; both stepping up my exercise level and cutting back on the food I eat. I've started Calorie counting in order to help with this and given up crisps completely.

Any comments or tips are welcome. Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bubblensqueak

bubblensqueak Loves Slimming world!!

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Hello and welcome!!
    Sounds like you are going about it the right way!! My gran always says Lsss in the mouth and more up and about lol!!

4. jones_1986

jones_1986 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Good luck in your weight loss :D

5. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Good luck with your weight loss :D

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.