My weight loss :)

binfieldx

I thought I would write about my story to perhaps help encourage others to do what they may believe isn't possible, I will tell you; it definitely is!

I've always been what I would have considered 'chubby'. I was skinny when I was about 10 y/o and everything after that had a minor belly on top! From the age of about 15-16 I started putting on more weight, mainly because I worked in IT and never moved about, pretty much did nothing all day except eat and sit down!

I met my first girlfriend when I was around 18 and that's where things started to go a little downhill for me! As many people will tell you, you do put on more weight in a relationship. That's definitely true! At 18 I was around 11st and the night of my 20th birthday where my weight fluctuated between 11.8-12st was the night where it all changed for me. For anyone curious this was how I looked a few months before my 20th birthday.

fat_zpsdc5ab4fa.jpg

As you can see, for me being 12st at 5ft 6" did me no favours (definitely not in the single chin area). Anyway, on the night of my 20th birthday I had a big bust up with my girlfriend and we did breakup for a short while. During that time I really had no idea what to do as i'd never been through that before and that made me kick up a gear with losing weight for sure. I'm sure somewhere in my mind it was a case of 'I can lose weight, i'll show her...' but after awhile I lost that and it became all about how I wanted to lose weight and I was only doing it for myself.

Luckily for me, my mum is a fitness instructor and has been telling me since i've been overweight how I need to exercise etc. Thankfully now that I needed her help she was there to help me, and so my weight lost journey began.

Here's how my body looked before I had started: (ignore the tatty old boxers! those marks are sisters hair dye from the wash.....)
IMG_0371_zpsfa3c633b.jpg

My first plan of action was the gym. I began going to the gym every single day. I still go 6 days a week now 6 months later. It was very hard for me to get into it was such a change and also suffering from asthma I did not enjoy it at all that's for sure..I think the first week or so I could run on the treadmill for maybe 2-minutes maximum, before I became almost dead from exhaustion but luckily I had people there to support me through it! My advice if your planning to start the gym is push yourself to sweat, it hurts and your body tells you no the whole time but the feeling you get after is amazing. All I do is reccomend the gym to people now, but I can't do it justice, you really have to try for yourself to understand. It's when you start getting results, that's what pushes you to keep going.

After about 6 weeks or so I had gotten to this stage:
IMG_0584_zps979b0b03.jpg

I think but this time I had come down from 12st to about 10.5stone. It was an epic difference for me and it made me keep striving and keep pushing myself to finish it. During my working week I had changed my eating habits too which really helped. Normally I would go down to tescos and get some crisps coke sandwiches etc, or maybe even subway/Mcdonalds. All that had changed and I was mainly eating cooked chicken for lunch, two fillets to be exact. These have no fat and are about 120 calories a fillet, basically you can eat them all day and never get fat. I cut all out rubbish food/drink during monday-friday and promised myself i'd only eat rubbish at the weekends AFTER the gym! So mon-fri I would have some fruit for breakfast, two cooked chicken filets for lunch, and then a normal dinner, whatever I liked to an extent. I'm talking normal as in...Pie and mash or Caserole or spagbowl you know a normally unsilly dinner. This was to keep my diet normal and not be eating chicken all the time, gives your body a nice variation.

My gym rescheme was as follows:

Mon - Fri = Cardio. At this point I was doing cardio every day, that changes as you lose more weight. This is the quickest way of losing weight. The more you run the more you lose. A 30minute run a day will make you lose a massive amount of weight in a short time, believe me. I had to work up from 5 minutes and now I can run 45mins + easily. I would never have believed it but it's possible. Also the exercise seems to have eliminated my Asthma..Which I never though would have happened either.

After about 2-3 months this is where I had gotten to:
IMG_0979_zpsdf6eeada.jpg

10.00st

Still a long way to go but nonetheless I battled on. From here with my mum's expertise I changed my workout plan. It needed weights added to it so the skin does not sag after drastically reducing weight. My plan became:

Monday - Weights (chest)
Tuesday - Weights (shoulders)
Wednesday - Cardio (50mins)
Thurdays - Weights (back)
Friday - Day off
Saturday - Cardio (50mins)
Sunday - Cardio (1hr)

I cannot recommend this enough. it has entirely changed my life and I am so much happier with my body now. I'm currently sitting at 9st 2 pounds and mainly focusing on weights. I really want other people to feel the amazing feeling of losing weight. I never thought in my life i'd ever lose 3 stone but I did and so can you! I hope this helped motivate some people :) If you have any questions about the gym/food etc please do ask away!

The new me (so far, still keeping to the above rescheme, still more to go but almost there!)

IMG_1720_zpsd791d02e.jpg

Here's a little timeline of the difference I have made. Ignore the first two times posted on there they are wrong.

results_zps672ee7fe.jpg

Currently at 9st 2 pounds. Trying to go for the athletic look but I'm happy with the results

Thanks! :)

5stone Is alot! It's great because at first you lose weight really fast but as you get slimmer it gets alot harder and slower to lose weight which isn't so great but don't give up! It's worth it!!

Inspirational! Well done!

Inspirational indeed and you mentioned very valuable tips. You had a reason to start losing weight, then developed a better reason (you wanted to succeed not for another person, just for you), clear goal, an action plan, support from you mom and other guys in the gym, a great attitude ("it hurts and your body tells you no the whole time but the feeling you get after is amazing. All I do is reccomend the gym to people now, but I can't do it justice, you really have to try for yourself to understand. It's when you start getting results, that's what pushes you to keep going.") you followed great dieting and working out tips and you made it. Very inspirational and helpfull for other members in the forum. Well done!

Back