My Weightloss Challenge - Is this a good diet?

Jamie677

Hi,

I used to eat so much junk it was unreal, I used to eat crisps,chocolate.takeaways every weekend and more!. I was eating about ALLOT.

I've completely changed around my lifestyle and diet, please let me know If this will make me lose weight?

Height: 5ft 2/3
Weight: 238lbs
Goal: 140/150lbs

I'm here to change my Lifestyle COMPLETELY am I on right right steps?

Food:
Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Sandwich (Tomato + Cucumber)
Tea: Cauliflower,Cucumber,chicken,sweetcorn, carrots, rice
Snacks: Apples & Banana's

Workout:
10mins Jogging on (Crosstrainer)
20mins Walking on (Cross Trainer)
Weights: I don't do much weight lifting, but If I do it's for about 5-10mins,
Total: Usually walk about 2-3miles a day combined.

Drinks:
Water Only, Nothing else.

How much can I expect to lose a month if I continue this? Am I on the right way for my goal?

hello
so we have many way for lose weight friend , any one choose the best for lose .
so for me you must eat good food that helping for weight loss , and also make some exercise .

Hey Jaime, welcome to the forum. I think it's great that you're going for a lifestyle change, it's something you can maintain and just becomes part of your daily life in no time at all.

From what it sounds like, you're getting a healthy selection of food in there and and a decent amount of daily exercise. I reckon if you stick at it you could easily loose between 8-12 lbs for the first month or so, then carrying on about 6-8 until you get closer to your goal. I started off at 173lb and just by eating better and exercising more I lost 4lb per month for three months straight. I started calorie counting about four weeks ago and I'm set to loose a little more this month, either 5/6lbs.

Just keep in mind that you won't get as quick results as if you went on say a VLCD or one of those meal replacement diets, but remember that what you're going for is maintainable, and you'll find you learn to eat healthily and enjoy what you eat!

Enjoy Minimins and keep us all up to date with how you get on x

To be honest .. NO! DOING a lot of exercise and eating so little is going to kick you into starvation mode try eating protien with every meal and snack on nuts and seeds (small amounts)..

try eggs/ chicken for breakfast. i will send you some meal ideas :).

VERY good diet your doing, you could lose almost a stone if you keep it up! im eating BREAKFAST:porridge DINNER: chicken veg stirfry LUNCH: tuna salad DRINK:water just started 6 days ago and im doing 30 mins powerwalking :) in my opinion i would keep bread out of diet but you dont have to. keep at it :clap:

Back