My WW journey - Start 3rd Jan 07

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 3 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Right, today's the day! I am officially on a diet, the diet which is to be the last diet I ever go on, the diet that is going to take me all the way to where I want to be...this is the one!! I'm in an excellent frame of mind and I really really feel like I'm going to do it this time! I WILL BE SLIM AGAIN!!! I WILL!!!!

A bit about me...I am 24 years old and mother of one beautiful little girl. When I fell pregnant in Sept '05 I weighed in at 11st 2lb (which at the time was the heaviest I'd ever been, so that was bad enough), I suffered with morning sickness for the first 11 weeks of my pregnancy and my weight dropped to 10st 4lb (woo hooo! ha ha), but that made me lazy and by the time by gorgeous baby girl was ready to make her appearance in June '06 I tipped the scales at 13st 2lb! A week after she was born I was back down to 11st 7lb, so I just sat back and assumed the weight would drop off on it's own....BIG MISTAKE....I now weigh more than I did then! Oops!!

So, I need to get back on track and banish the flab and I'm going to try and do it following ww. I've done ww before with some success, so I know the diet well and know it works for me when I stick to it. This time I'm going to try and do it without the meetings and just use the internet (ie this forum) as my inspiration and support.

I weighed in this morning at 11st 12lb (arghhh!!!) and am currently wearing a size 16. I'm setting my first target is 10st 4lb - which will hopefully have me back in a size 14, and my long term all time dream goal is 9st 4lb - which I'm hoping will get me into a size 12 (may seem like an strange goal with the odd 4lb, but I remember seeing a success story in the ww magazine years ago of a girl the same height as me and that was the goal she'd reached - she looked fantastic!! So, that's where that came from).

So, day one, here goes!!!

:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Look forward to seeing how you get on, specially with no class, as thats the way I plan on going too.

2007 definitely IS going to be the year of the final diet :)

4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh yes, this is the year that I will be thin...I hope! I even just cancelled a dinner date for next week, it's too early for a treat so I'll re arrange it when I've lost my first stone. I must be serious if I'm cancelling dinner arrangements, I've never done that before, lol!

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did exactly the same today! Well kinda... The guy in our office turns 25 tomorrow, so one of the girls was arranging a meal out tomorrow evening. I point blank refused telling her I'm on a diet, and her argument was that she is too, but she'll just have salad. The difference is, she's size 10 anyway, and is on a diet just to lose a couple of pounds - and also to watch what she eats as she's given up smoking. Whereas I'm on a diet, and hoping to lose another 5 stone!

Anyway, I held my ground, and I'm not going. I'm so motivated right now, that I don't want to muck it up by having a day off!

Well done, and good luck! I'm sure you're going to do fantastic! I'm looking forward to reading about your progress! :D

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well done for sticking to your guns on the dinner front! I don't know about you, but I find is SOOOO hard to say no in situations like that. Thing is, there's always something going on (i.e. birthdays, family gatherings, catching up with old friends etc) and it always seems to revolve around food and drink!! It's so hard to say no, but it's so worth it, I really did feel quite proud of myself for canceling dinner next week, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Day 2 for me today. So far I've had a banana (1.5 points) and a packet of chipsticks (2 points). We don't have much in in the way of food so I was going to walk over the shop for some bread and reduced fat butter so I could have some toast (mmm!), but my daughter just went off to sleep so now I'm stuck with nothing to eat until she wakes up...probably not a bad thing though eh. I'll have to settle for a cuppa with skimmed milk instead.

I wish I could fast forward a few weeks, I hate being on a diet and having to wait to see the results, I'm too impatient! The way I see it is that if I'm REALLY good then I should be able to lose about 2lb a week with maybe a couple more lbs for the first week (I'm hoping for at least 4lb this week...maybe a little too optimistic but that's my weeks goal), which means that by Valentines day I could have lost a whole stone! Valentines day isn't far away but a whole stone is a lot of weight to lose, so that would be GREAT!! (Mind you, I don't know why I'm using valentines day as inspiration, it's not as if I'm expecting anything from anyone - my boyfriend's useless with romance, he probably won't even notice it is valentines day!...a stone lost can be my valentines gift to myself, lol). So, I suppose you could say that I've set myself a valentines day challenge, my next goal after that will be my boyfriends birthday in March but I'll set myself that target once I've reached the first one...small steps are best for me, long terms goals just seem so far away that I end up giving up because I think I'll never get there, so I'm taking it bit by bit.

Wow, that was a long one, sorry, I didn't mean to bore anyone :eek:

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Day 3 today and so far so good! Day one I was one point under, yesterday I was one point over (which I'm not worried about because it was just the point from the day before) and today I'm on track to using no less or no more points than I should be.

I have a milk allowance for my tea/coffee for the day (1 point), I had half a banana and a slice of toast with low fat butter for breakfast (3 points), I had a tesco healthy living chicken pasta bake ready meal for lunch (6 points) and I've got a MASSIVE bowl of chilli and rice for dinner (9.5 points). It's been cooking away in the slow cooker all day and just the smell of it is making me drool, mmmm!! I'm soooooo looking forward to my dinner! Yum yum yum yum yum! :D

I'm still feeling so positive about this diet, I just know it's gonna work!!

How's everyone else getting on? Doesn't seem to be a lot of posting going on which is a shame.

Hope everyone's sticking to their diet and feeling good!!

x

8. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey! A fellow ww at last!

I know .. sooo quiet here!!
    The VLCD forums were always busy!!! :eek:(

I am on day 4 and still feeling VERY positive too ... I just know that I cannot fail if I stick to my points and have really enjoyed my healthy foods!!!

Am so happy to be eating food again too after coming off of the cambridge diet! :eek:)

Glad you're still doing well ..... we love ww!!! :eek:)

x

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I tried the CD diet last year and didn't even last 3 days! I'd expected it to be hard because I'd be hungry or because I couldn't manage the water or something, but when it came down to it I just couldn't stand the shakes! The first day I had all 3, the second day I could only stomach 2 and then the third day I did the first 2 and then again couldn't stand to have a another one! It was a shame really because I wasn't hungry at all and I had no side affects from it (though like I said, I only went 3 days, ha ha).

I like weight watchers better anyway, because it re educates you how to eat whereas the CD diet is more of a quick fix and it can't be healthy long term. On ww you can enjoy food and learn how to portion etc, and it works - if you stick to it, lol!

10. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes I know .... they say its healthy enough as you get all your vitamins and minerals however it didn't agree with my insides (throwing up, stomach cramps, piles)!!! I lost a stone though so won't complain too much so it gave me a shove in the right direction ... I just needed a quick loss to cheer me up as I was very low about my weight gain and needed something quick as I had no will power at the time so it suited me.

Having lost almost 2 stone on ww before that I know I could lose weight on it again so I'm back!!!

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    We seem to be a small group here. Ive still not started as yet as I cant shake this bug off at all. Im hoping to get started properly soon AND become a lot more active on here too :)

Keep up the good work tho, those of you who have started, your posts are helping me maintain my motivation

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Starlight: Ah, sorry to hear you're still not feeling well hun :( I hope you shake that off soon!

Burtbird: Wow, 2 stone off on ww!!? What an incentive! Just goes to show that the diet really does work if you stick to it!

Day 4 for me today and it's going ok so far. I popped to ASDA last night to pick a couple of bits up for my baby girl and I somehow ended up in the crisps and cakes isles! Oops! I did ok though, I ended up adding some ww mini muffins, so walkers baked crisps and some alpen light bars to my basket, but they're all low in points so it could have been much worse, lol. Anyway, when I got home I couldn't resist 'trying' them all and ended up going 2 points over, but that's not too bad and I'm planning on making up for it today.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm always a bit nervous of using butter/marg on toast etc because I'm worried I'm using too much of it. So yesterday I got a box of Flora portions from Makro (actually, I didn't get them, my mum picked them up for me, bless her) so now I can have toast etc without worrying I'm going overboard with the butter! Brilliant!

So far today I've had 4 slices of toast with butter (2 for breakfast and 2 for lunch), 2 alpen bars (which are only 1pt each! bargain!), 2 ww mini muffins and a packet of walkers baked crisps (which are actually really nice by the way and on offer is ASDA, 6pks for 59p and they're only 1.5pts a bag, so another bargain!) so I now have 6.5pts left for my dinner. I'm planning on a big plate of mushroom chow mien for dinner followed by a tropical solero (which I love and they're only 1.5pts too - I think, mmmm!!), then I have to try not to eat anything else. I may have to go to bed early to resist the temptation, lol!!

I hope I lose weight this week, I'll be gutted if I don't. Can't wait til weigh day on Wednesday!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

x

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Marie I love the idea about the flora portions, what a brilliant idea!! Ill be adding those to my list. I LOVE those Walker Baked Crisps, its great having those with a glass of wine (1pt) you dont feel at all deprived. I didnt know Soleros were so low, theyre on my list too. My faves are Mini Milks (half a point each).

WW isnt as quick a fix as CD but theres no way I could do CD, I think WW is healthier too. It DOES work. I lost almost 5 stones on it back in 2001 when I stuck rigidly to it. Course that will pale into insignificance by this time next year when we're all comparing success stories ;)

14. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well you seem to be doing really well. Before if I'd gone over two points I would have given up, if not on the day then for the week. Well done for still go for it, after all two points isn't the end of the world. I was just really easy to de-motivate.

I love the idea of the Flora portions as well. Think I might look into that one! :D

I'm sure you will have lost weight! Keep going you're doing really well! Just don't lose that motivation. I always find the weekends the hardest - you've got through half of it already though, well done! :)

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh yeah! Mini milks!! I forgot about those! I'm adding them to my shopping list next week for sure! I couldn't stick to a diet without my treats, I'm a snacker and need goodies to snack on - which is why I love ww so much!

5 stone is brilliant! It's hearing things like that that really spur me on to sticking to the diet! It just goes to show that it really goes work when you stick to it, and it's not hard to stick to really is it, I mean a diet of soleros and mini milks isn't a bad one is it, lol!!

I love that you mentioned 'success stories'....we're all gonna have one! Yey! We can log onto this forum this time next year at the wise ones and guide others on their way to skinnyville, lol!!

The flora portions are brilliant, I would recommend them to anyone! Quick and easy and spot on every time with the points.

This forum is the busiest I've ever seen it today, must be because it's the weekend. It's great, I find it so encouraging, so thanks to everyone who's posted me! :)

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Usually those 2 points would have sent me over the edge too. I would usually say to myself "oh well, I've blown it now, may as well drink a bottle of wine and eat half my fella's chocolate cake too now"...and then I would eat crisps and chocolate until I felt sick! Can't think how I ended up 'chubby', ha ha ha.

I usually find the weekends hard too, but only because my fella's here and he usually encourages me to eat naughty food (not intentionally, he just thinks he's being nice by suggesting McDonalds for lunch and/or Dominos for dinner etc), but he's working this weekend so it's been much easier to stick too. Hopefully a good weight loss this week will spur me on to sticking to it next weekend even if he's home, so fingers crossed for a good loss!

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm really enjoying the diet this time round, I just feel so motivated and I never usually feel like that. I'm sure it's down to you lot encouraging me! So thanks! :)

17. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm sure you're going to have a fantastic loss as well! One thing, if you don't, don't be disheartend. It's incredible how our weight flutuates over a month... Although I'm going to be weighing myself weekly, it's my overall loss of a month that I'm going to be focusing on!

I feel exactly the same, I really am enjoying it! I definately think a lot of it is this board! Everyone is fantastic here, I love it! :D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I love it too, I'm so glad I found it! Another bonus is that I've just spent nearly 2 hours reading and posting on here and if I hadn't been doing that then I would probably have been eating!

Anyway, I'm off for now, going to make myself a nice big mushroom stirfry/chow mien for dinner (yum yum!).

Speak to you soon, be good! :)

x

20. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I put off having tea until all the posting slowed down!! lol

Hope you enjoy your dinner! :)

21. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well, it's day 5 for me today and I'm feeling a little disheartened after a sneaky peak on the scales this morning. I set myself a 4lb target for my first week and so so far I've lost 2lb - 4lb by Wednesday isn't looking likely, but I will plod on and try to beat the scales!

I know I've said it before, but this forum is such a help, I feel much more positive now than I did when I first stepped on those scales this morning!

I'll update later, I'm getting peckish so think I might grab a quick snack before lunch :eek:

I will be slim though, I refuse to spend another summer hidden away indoors! I REFUSE!!

22. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well, I'm coming up for the end of day 5 and I'm amazed that I actually managed to stick to my diet today because I almost felt like it wasn't worth the hassle this morning...I'm sooooo glad I overcome that and stuck with it, I feel brilliant now!!

I really am going to do this aren't I. I really am going to be slim! Oh the joy!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.