My yummy dinner last night nom nom nom

bridie

ok so last night I was cooking for my OH and he said the only bad thing about the diet is that he doesn't get to eata meal with me. so I had an idea, I had some of the colmans season and shake piri piri chicken packets in the cupboard. Iwent on the s &s website and added all the nutritional values and asked if its ok to season my rather boring 100g of chicken and 200g of veg. Good news! It is! Woo so I added 400g of chicken and 600g of broccoli,mushrooms and onions to the bag and the spicemix. Gave my OH most of it and I had the correct amounts! IT WAS LUSH! (we ignor the fact that he had potato wegdes too) the point is we had ameal together that was actually the same food! Doesn't feel like a diet at all.

So basically TRY the colmans season and shakes we are allowed :) yayyyy

Sounds nice but no good if cooking for one! I'm going to try more stuff with chicken I think, I already add stuff to mose of my meals.

You could always cook 2 meals and have one the next day MiniM.

well if my OH wasnt in id cook it all up portion it off and freeze some so had lots for day when i wa feeling lazy :)

MiniMoosh said:
No, I can't. Thats a big issue- if there is food, I will eat it. So no, I can only make what I will eat that day. Only way.

Fair enough - best to know yourself and have appropriate coping mechanisms! For example, I will not have bread in the house when I'm maintaining. If it's there I'll eat it! Luckily my husband doesn't want it in either!

I cook my seasoned portion for 1 moosh. I bought some of those season mixes at the weekend, the ones that come with a roasting bag. The cals / carbs look horrendous per 100g but given that you can season 4 lots of food with the one pack, and it's only 50g per pack you just need to buy a packet of roasting bags (just over a quid for 10 in Asda). So add chicken and veggies in a roasting bag and sprinkle on a quarter of the spice mix and shake carefully to coat the contents (or you can just shake a few spices of your own). Place in the bottom of the oven for about 30 - 40 mins and then when ready take out and enjoy. Makes a really tasty, easy peasy meal, and no waste or temptation. Seal up the spice packet and use the other 3 lots as and when you like :)

BordersGirl said:
I cook my seasoned portion for 1 moosh. I bought some of those season mixes at the weekend, the ones that come with a roasting bag. The cals / carbs look horrendous per 100g but given that you can season 4 lots of food with the one pack, and it's only 50g per pack you just need to buy a packet of roasting bags (just over a quid for 10 in Asda). So add chicken and veggies in a roasting bag and sprinkle on a quarter of the spice mix and shake carefully to coat the contents (or you can just shake a few spices of your own). Place in the bottom of the oven for about 30 - 40 mins and then when ready take out and enjoy. Makes a really tasty, easy peasy meal, and no waste or temptation. Seal up the spice packet and use the other 3 lots as and when you like :)

Great idea BG might try that to liven up my dinner as im struggling with bland veg

I will certainly try it! My poor oven has been so neglected, not turned on once since I started. And to thing I chose my current flat for the kitchen!

Back