Myke and Emmy's journey to lose 10st

Purfeckshun

Okay, so me and my husband are aiming to lose 9st 13lb between us, through SW and exercise.

So here's the diary, mostly of my food but occasionally Myke's as well.

Monday 7th January 2013

So our first weigh in:
Emmy:- 14st3lb
Myke:- 17st10lb

We decided on goal weights of 9st and 13st respectively. We have both been less, but think this is round about where we was happiest. One major difference is that we both want to be fitter and stronger so we may get close to there and realise that actually that's too slim cause i have always thought its more about measurements that a scale. Tomorrow it starts!

Tuesday 8th January 2013

We haven't been shopping yet so todays going to be a bit tough.

Breakfast:
1 Clementine, and 1/2 a black coffee with sweetener.
1/2 a black coffee with sweetener as it tasted okay to begin with but then became disgusting as i got further down. I think i need a better sweetener if i am going to try to do this again.
Lunch: Mozzarella, Egg fried rice and Water. The mozzarella was in the fridge and I was mega craving it. It was going to be going to waste so I ate it, using it as my HEXA and 5 syns. Egg fried rice was lovely - just some brown rice, cooked and then fried with fry light, 2 beaten eggs poured in, seasoned with salt and pepper, and then a tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
Snack: I wanted my left over rice, but Myke came home from work and ate it i had another clementine.
Tea: Egg, SW Chips and Spaghetti Hoops, 1 can of 7-up free, Cherry Mullerlight.
Supper - 2 Weetabix with milk (syned) and 2 tsp sugar.

Syns for the day: 12.5

Overall I'm quite happy with that for a first day. :)

Exercise: 30 mins Tai Cheng, 30 min run/walk.

Wednesday 9th January 2013
Breakfast: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 Quorn bacon slices, 1 tin spaghetti hoops. (2 syns)
Lunch:Vanilla Mullerlight, 7-up free.
I was still pretty full from breakfast so I just had a snack.
Tea: Pasta Bolognese and 1 tbsp dried cheese (1.5 syns)
Supper: Weetabix, 2 tsp sugar (2 syns)

Syns for the day: 5.5

Exercise: 30 mins Tai Cheng, 30 mins run/walk.

Thursday 10th January 2013

Breakfast:​ A bowl of frosties (4.5 syns)
I was going out to morrisons with my mum and she wanted a McDonalds breakfast so I knew I needed something i really wanted or I would crack and have a McDonalds.
Snack: A cherry mullerlight.
Lunch: Leftover Pasta Bolognese from last night, a can of 7-up free.
Snack: Grapes, Banana, Water
Tea: Tomato, Mushroom and Chip Bake (from the all in one cookbook), and a can of 7-up free.
Snack: 2 Alpen bars.

Exercise: 30 mins Tai Cheng.

Syns for the day: 4.5

Friday 11th January 2013

Breakfast/Lunch: Bacon, egg and spaghetti. 7-up free.
Tea:Lettuce homemade tacos ( using lettuce instead of tortilla shells), Reduced fat cheddar (HEXA + 4syns), 2 Tbsp Guacamole (3 syns), homemade pico de gallo. 7-up free.
Supper: Strawberry Mullerlight yoghurt, 2 double chocolate Alpen light bars.

Syns for the day: 7

Really happy with tea as I've really needed a normal meal. Very happy with how my homemade taco seasoning came out too. Made Myke a chicken stir fry with egg fried rice and that seemed to go down well also! Even though I've been full most of the day, I need to eat more than I did today.

Friday 11th January 2013

Breakfast/Lunch: Bacon, egg and spaghetti. 7-up free.
Tea:Lettuce homemade tacos ( using lettuce instead of tortilla shells), Reduced fat cheddar (HEXA + 4syns), 2 Tbsp Guacamole (3 syns), homemade pico de gallo. 7-up free.
Supper: Strawberry Mullerlight yoghurt, 2 double chocolate Alpen light bars.

Syns for the day: 7

Really happy with tea as I've really needed a normal meal. Very happy with how my homemade taco seasoning came out too. Made Myke a chicken stir fry with egg fried rice and that seemed to go down well also! Even though I've been full most of the day, I need to eat more than I did today.

Hi purfeck its lovely to see you and OH slimming together!

Food looks good but deffo need to get some more snacks in there girl ;)

Me and my OH are losing weight together too! He has 2.5 stone to lose and i have 10 stone... shocking considering ive already lost over 3 stone with other diets.

Good luck lovely!

Hi purfeck its lovely to see you and OH slimming together!

Food looks good but deffo need to get some more snacks in there girl ;)

Me and my OH are losing weight together too! He has 2.5 stone to lose and i have 10 stone... shocking considering ive already lost over 3 stone with other diets.

Good luck lovely!

Thank you so much :) yeah I know, I just seem to lack inspiration right now :) xx it's great that you have a slimming partner too. I know it's early days still but I'm noticing a massive difference between doing it this time and last, and that's down to him. Well done on the 3 st. What diets did you use? You're already heading the right way so I'm sure you can do it :)

Thank you so much :) yeah I know, I just seem to lack inspiration right now :) xx it's great that you have a slimming partner too. I know it's early days still but I'm noticing a massive difference between doing it this time and last, and that's down to him. Well done on the 3 st. What diets did you use? You're already heading the right way so I'm sure you can do it :)

I used ww and slim and save. But with the bakery i have just bought i need to do a diet where i can taste the things im making. Ww would allow me to eat a while pasty but sw is slightly more restricitve so i would get to tastebwhich in my opinion stoos me from eating stuff that isnt the best thing!

I used ww and slim and save. But with the bakery i have just bought i need to do a diet where i can taste the things im making. Ww would allow me to eat a while pasty but sw is slightly more restricitve so i would get to tastebwhich in my opinion stoos me from eating stuff that isnt the best thing!
You own a bakery? That's awesome! Although hazardous for diets I imagine!

So, I had a banana and 3 mini Babybel lights (HEXA) whilest waiting for tea to cook - gammon, SW roast potatoes, potato and carrot mash and 2 eggs with a 7-up free. The I had an Alpen bar -since I didn't eat the muffins, and had a Coors light to celebrate a week stuck to plan (4.5 syns)

Total syns for the day: 6

Exercise: tai cheng, 1.5hr walk, 30 min walk.

body aches!

Okay so!
Sunday 13th January 2013

Breakfast:Syn free sausage, bacon, eggs, bubble and squeak, spaghetti hoops and a Tbsp of beans lol. Can't get myself to like beans!

Lunch was pretty much skipped as we had our brekkie late and we was busy til tea time. Myke had one of those jellies that's in the new book that I made last night (0.5 syns) and received a thumbs up!

Tea: "KFC chicken", SW chips, "gravy", Sweetcorn and beans and hoops. Beans twice in one day! Kate a proper portion this time and almost enjoyed them. Maybe I'm getting a taste for them? KFC chicken was 3 syns, and a slither of butter on my corn was 0.5. It was all nice but needs tweaking and I've a good idea where too.

Snack: 3 pieces of wholenut. First bit of choccy this week... Yummy! 6 syns.

Supper: Weetabix, 2sugars (2 syns).

drank lots of 7-up and dr pepper free today. No exercise as it was a rest day. Lovely.

total syns: 11.5. Not bad!

weigh in tomorrow, I've been so good so let's cross our fingers for a decent loss :)

Monday 14th January 2013

Weigh in day!

Breakfast: Banana, Orange Juice (4 syns)
Lunch: Jacket Potato with reduced fat cheese, spaghetti hoops, and fat free cottage cheese. slither of butter (0.5 syns) 7-up free.
Tea: Syn free sausages, bacon, garlic and herb chicken, chilli burger and smash. dr pepper zero.
Supper: 1 alpen light bar.

Weigh in: I lost 1.5 lbs, Myke lost 5.5 lbs! mega proud of him, if a little jealous! Really want 2 next week to take me into the 13st bracket.:)

Monday 14th January 2013

Weigh in day!

Breakfast: Banana, Orange Juice (4 syns)
Lunch: Jacket Potato with reduced fat cheese, spaghetti hoops, and fat free cottage cheese. slither of butter (0.5 syns) 7-up free.
Tea: Syn free sausages, bacon, garlic and herb chicken, chilli burger and smash. dr pepper zero.
Supper: 1 alpen light bar.

Weigh in: I lost 1.5 lbs, Myke lost 5.5 lbs! mega proud of him, if a little jealous! Really want 2 next week to take me into the 13st bracket.:)

Well done!

Wow well done on first week's losses! Don't be too jealous of Myke - men always seem to lose faster and women's losses can be erratic at certain times of the month, you'll definitely catch up though :) Looks like you're both doing brilliantly and eating some good things! :) x

Back