Extra Easy Nacho-Style Feast (SW Magazine)

JustKia

I picked up the latest copy of SW Magazine and the recipe for Nacho-Style Feast is made up of free and super free foods, and primula light (HExB) but then at the bottom says 1/2 syn per serving.
I don't mind the 1/2 syn but I'm curious where it comes from - just in case it's something I should consider in my own recipes.

I've done that before looked at recipes an thought that all free though so whys it a syn? Could it be the way the ingredient is used it then becomes a syn?

I picked up the latest copy of SW Magazine and the recipe for Nacho-Style Feast is made up of free and super free foods, and primula light (HExB) but then at the bottom says 1/2 syn per serving.
I don't mind the 1/2 syn but I'm curious where it comes from - just in case it's something I should consider in my own recipes.

Its the fajita seasoning as they are not all free

The only thing I can see it could be is fajita seasoning? I know mostly herbs/spices are free but I have come across some pre mixed flavoring type things that are minmal syns. Can't see anything else it could be. :/

Ah brill thanks - I didn't have any of that anyway - chilli, garlic, paprika, cumin and oregano went into mine.

I don't know about this specific one, but quite often seasoning mixes are bulked out with flour. If this is the case, that would account for the syns. Some have a bit of oil in too.

Here is my version of this dish!

Nacho-5 (Small).JPG

That looks AMAZING!

I'm making it tonight

Ohh I didn't see that in the mag! Probably because OH distracted me whilst I was looking in it lol. I will deffo have to make it, it looks lush. :D

Edit : Just found it and he has asked to have it for dinner tomorrow.. Score, lol ;)

Last edited:
It looks amazing, going to try making this tomorrow if I can get the light version too, i found the original one. Had a look on price comparison website and it only had prices for asda and tesco so i'm going to try those places. Tried Sainsburys but no luck, wasn't on the comparison site so i'm assuming they don't stock it!

I have made this! It is lovely! Definitely something I will be making again.

I've now been to two supermarkets looking for primula light and no luck?!

Wonder if it would work with another low fat cheese?

I used the Lighter Seriously Strong spreadable cheese as Sainsbury's don't stock the light primula. It worked quite well, and was very yummy.

It is very yummy. I've found the primula light in Tesco and Asda- haven't looked in Sainsbury's.
Be careful using a different cheese as not all will be a HE.
I've found there's a huge difference between Dairylea light and Laughing Cow. The D light triangles are smaller with more cals than the LC light.

I have made this! It is lovely! Definitely something I will be making again.

I used the Lighter Seriously Strong spreadable cheese as Sainsbury's don't stock the light primula. It worked quite well, and was very yummy.

I used this too as couldnt get the light Primula.

I loved it but next time I would use a measured amount of mature grated low fat cheddar instead.

Anyone looking for the recipe in the mag its easy to miss cos its actually an advert page for Primula

It is very yummy. I've found the primula light in Tesco and Asda- haven't looked in Sainsbury's.
Be careful using a different cheese as not all will be a HE.
I've found there's a huge difference between Dairylea light and Laughing Cow. The D light triangles are smaller with more cals than the LC light.

Sainsbury don't sell the light. I know that the one I used isn't a healthy extra, and there are differences, but that day I had enough syns left just incase, and I cheated a bit and didn't have my HexA as usual. I still lost 2lbs this week, so no harm done.

I used this too as couldnt get the light Primula.

I loved it but next time I would use a measured amount of mature grated low fat cheddar instead.

Anyone looking for the recipe in the mag its easy to miss cos its actually an advert page for Primula

I was tempted to use grated cheddar instead, but cheese is one of my weaknesses. If I had got a block it would of been gone in 2 days lol :D

Back