nairns oatcake

charlotte

ive been told that we can have one packet of nairns oatcakes a day? is this true?

also can we have all flavours muller light yoghurt?

NO! These have oats in which are not allowed! You need to include oatbran which is the milled husk from around the grain.

Definite no to the oatcakes - apart from being made from oatmeal (and not oatbran) they also contain oil and possibly sugar depending on flavour (you can get sweet ones).

Aahh he has said no to toffee?? Wished he would make his bloody mind up

Oh absolutely! Well most of us have been having the ML Toffee *in moderation* with no ill-effects just be aware of potential problems should you run into a period of stalling. there are also WW Toffee yoghurts which may be marginally 'better'.

I think that Muller toffee tastes as I'd imagine sweet yoghurty rust to taste. NASTY! Overly sweet and synthetic. But I know you Brits love it!

I want oatcakes with stovies after reading this thread!

Sadly, not allowed on Dukan for the majority. Not sure if I can get oatcakes here? (Jo, do you know?) I have oatmeal though, so can make them.

Sorry, OT totally!

Thanks Jo. Friends in Ardèche live in a wee village where's there is a British grocery - so they may have them. I picked up custard powder there last time (and jelly is on the list for next time:)).

I have an unopened bag of oatmeal though, so maybe a good time to crack it open!

Nairns ginger oatcakes are good (although not for Dukan) - great with cheese!

How awful that in the depths of the Ardeche there's a British grocer! Talk about keeping the "locals" happy...

Think it's more about keeping the tourists happy - they're right on the gorge and the British couple run a B&B too. The shop is just a part-time thing (probably to keep themselves stocked up with essentials as much as anything else). Kids very happy to have Irn Bru in France though!

Yeah I was being sarcastic... So many Brits at one time came over here for the weather and the cheap real estate, set up anglophone communities and never bothered integrating or learning the lingo. And these shops are for them... (I know a lot had to go home though, cos they'd forgotten to do their homework re healthcare.)

Back