Namaste's Low Carbing

namaste

Silver Member
Afternoon everyone :)

I'm starting a little diary on here to keep me on track really. I started Exante at the end of March and have worked up to working solution and then fully eating low carb. (diary link's on my sig). I aim to keep my carbs under 50g per day ~ they usually end up anywhere between 20-30. I'm logging on MFP which has really helped keep things on track but I'd like to stay on Minimins too so I'll put my food diary on here.

I started 'dieting' with Exante last year and when I stopped I promptly put everything back on again. Back again in March prompted by my son getting married in August... who wants to be the fat one at a wedding? Not me!

So I stuck 100% to Exante TS for the first 8 weeks and then started eating aswell BUT only low carb foods. I've worked out carbs are very bad for my body, they're addictive to me in a way. Having done a lot of research I've decided this is the way to go. This isn't a diet, it's a way of eating for life, and I eat very well. So far today;

Breakfast ~ Fresh coffee, cream. Plain soya yoghurt with 35g blueberries and 10g mixed omega seeds.
Snack ~ Mini babybel
Lunch ~ Veg omelette with 1.5 eggs, olive oil, courgettes, mushrooms, garlic, onion, aubergine. Grilled with strong cheese and omega seeds on top.

Hello you - i'm also making the move to low carb once I have exhausted my Exante stock - probably migrating over end of August through Sept with the plan to be fully low carb start of October. I have been researching low carb over the past week and am struck be just how convincing the evidence is that this is the way for me to go long term. I read 'How we get fat' last night and this morning and it was really compelling - a good read if you can get a copy. I'm going to be popping into this forum as well now and starting my own diary here after I have made the transition. But actually feel really optimistic and positive that its the best and only route for me.

I agree.... and good luck on your journey :)

Dinner today ~ Red pepper stuffed with spinach/mushrooms/cheese. Broccoli and leeks in philly, coffee and cream. Delish
Snack ~ Sainsbury's roasted and salted macadamia nuts

Total carbs for the day ~ 26

On what other way of eating can you eat so much lovely food, never be hungry and still lose weight? Bliss :)

Back tomorrow xx

Monday

BF ~ Fresh coffee, cream, alpro plain soya yoghurt, 35g blueberries, 10g omega seed mix
Sn ~ mini babybel, few almonds
Lu ~ half a choc MIM, double cream, few blueberries, fresh coffee and cream
Sn ~ tsp peanut butter (no sugar), sains macadamia nuts
Din ~ Aubergine/veg bake with cheese, cabbage, broccoli. Few omega seeds, fresh coffee and cream

Total carbs ~ 23

Was gonna have a little bar of 85% dark chocolate at just under 6 carbs but tbh I'm very full and can't manage it! Blimey, wouldn't have said that a few months ago... this is the person who could eat a whole family bag of peanut M&M's to herself :)

Last edited:
Namaste. Just wanted to say hi and good luck on your low carb journey. It's a great way of eating (I don't like the word diet). Looking forward to seeing how you're getting on. Oh and macadamias.... yum yum yum :)

Hi, and thanks for stopping by :) No, this isn't a 'diet' it's a new way of eating for life.... too many times I've done the same thing and got carp results, this time I'm doing something different and expecting different (better) results!

Menu Today

BF ~ soya yoghurt, 6 raspberries, 10g omega seeds, fresh coffee, cream
Sn ~ mini babybel, tsp peanut butter (no sugar)
Lu ~ leftover yesterdays dinner with cabbage, fresh coffee, cream
Sn ~ macadamia nuts
Dinner ~ avocado, green salad, 25g walnuts, 10g omega seeds, olive oil, fresh coffee and cream. And that bar of dark chocolate I didn't have yesterday

Total carbs ~ 29

Just to add, I do drink about 3 litres of water a day and a couple of mugs of green tea.

Lovely xx

Wednesdays menu;

BF ~ Plain soya yoghurt, 5 raspberries, 10g omega seeds, fresh coffee and cream
Sn ~ macadamia nuts
Lunch ~ Aubergine and veg bake with a bit of egg and cheese, cabbage
Sn ~ mini babybel, 25g almond
Dn ~ avocado, green salad, 4 cherry toms, 10g walnuts, 10g omega seeds, olive oil, fresh coffee and cream

Total carbs ~ 24

Today is a very exciting day.. my son's getting married. Not sure what this means for my carb count but I'll just do the best I can. After all, these occasions are going to happen all the time so dealing with them is a fact of life.

I will avoid anything obviously laden with sugar and flour like cake. I might have to eat meat at the buffet though. We'll see.

I'll report back later :)

BF ~ plain soya yoghurt, 35g blueberries, 10g omega seeds, fresh coffee and cream

Back