Namaste's Trek (again)

namaste

Silver Member
My name's Namaste and I'm a serial dieter :) There, I said it!

I've lost weight twice in the last 3 years with Exante which has been absolutely brilliant........ but, I just can't keep it off. I'm greedy, I love food, all food... preferably washed down with a glass or two of vino rouge hmmmm

Ah you say, if you've lost weight with Exante why are you here in the calorie counters??? Because I need to learn how to be 'in the middle' so to speak. I'm either on a diet (Exante - eat nothing) or off a diet (eat everything). This can't go on:sigh:

I've just had my 50th birthday, my DD2 is getting married in August and I can't face another bloomin' shake. If I stick to counting calories from now until August then I should be able to lose at least 3 stone of my excess 5 so that's what I'm aiming for.

My fitness pal says I should have 1570 calories a day which sounds a lot. I guess it's because as I get lighter I'll need fewer calories..... whether I can actually eat fewer calories remains to be seen!

Roll on tomorrow :D

I think what we really need to look towards is changing out life style in a way that is sustainable for life! Otherwise this will be yet another diet ( that works) but doesn't help when you get to target weight!
I find counting calories easy, if you have been given 1500 or so calories do it for the first week and see how you get on, include some exercise if you can.
I am only in my second week of calorie counting and lost 4lb in my first week.
I have a wedding in may and would like to loose 1 - 2 lb a week till then but all in all I would like to loose 4 stone.
I love my fitness pal, it's keeping me focused.
Once you have a few days to get into it you will be fine, watch out tho looking at the calories on the back of packets is addictive, I look even if I'm not buying lol

Hi MCV, nice to meet you :)

Breakfast this morning porridge made with soya milk, a bit of whole milk on top instead of cream (I might go further down the scale later) and half a teaspoon of demerara sugar. Coffee with whole milk (my only one of the day!)

Off out now so will check back later for inspiration and motivation I guess :)

Ok how's your day been? Hopefully bright and positive!
Breakfast sounds good, just off to work myself will be back just after lunch, bought some warberton thins yesterday, 100 cals each so looking forward to trying one of those, going to fill it with ham salad and home made chunkie coleslaw, can't wait... Lol food is always on my mind x

Hmm, yesterday started off well but did sort of go downhill a bit :) On the plus side, I didn't buy any biscuits or junk food so that's progress.

After breakfast I had an egg salad sandwich for lunch. The packet said 320 calories but I pulled all the crusts off so I reckon 250? 2 satsumas added another 70 then a soya hot choc from costa which myfitnesspal says was 235.

Home and had soup for 200 and a glass of watered down juice for 100. Tea throughout the day added another 100.

Dinner was home made coconut rice and dhal - vegetarian. (I'm vegetarian and DS is vegan so that makes things a bit complicated sometimes). I think last night portion control was the problem though, not the food!

So today I'll try again. I guess it'll just take a bit of time to adjust....

Breakfast natural yoghurt with fresh fruit, coffee with whole milk. And off to work :)

Actually adding all that up I don't think I went over 1700 which although more than my allocated 1570 is waaaaaay less than usual. Gotta be positive :)

Feeling really crap at the moment. Migraine started yesterday and is continuing today :(

Painkillers and back to bed for me......... don't think painkillers have calories do they?

:)

Hey Legomom, nice to meet you :D

Feeling much better today - migraines are not good :( Problem is I crave sweet stuff to make me feel better but it then makes me ill - grrrr

Anyway, breakfast...... 2 scrambled eggs, tomatoes, one toast and butter and a coffee with whole milk. Gotta love that morning coffee :)

OH's daughter is coming to stay for a couple of days so we're on a cleaning frenzy. Don't know why, she's a teenager so it's a bit pointless really but makes us feel better!

Back later x

Lunchtime :) :) :)

What to have?

Vegan Pancakes or natural yoghurt with fruit........ decisions, decisions......

Had vegan pancakes WITH natural yoghurt and fruit... was very tasty :) ~ not sure how many calories though....... I'm going to work it out and come back later with today's total.

Must also include a glass of apple juice (half and half with water, can't drink neat juice)
One slice toast with butter and marmite
Ss milk in tea throughout the day

Dinner ~ butternut squash roasted with garlic, veg and quineoa which I'll be eating about 7pm

Don't think there'll be anything else but if there is it'll be wine I'm sure :)

Back