Nando's HELP!

Chellywelly

Silver Member
Right ok, it'll be my first weigh in on tuesday and the day after im going for lunch with a friend at nando's im on the 3 a day so good news i can have chicken and we all know nando's does chicken! i just dont know if i can have the spicy chicken and how is it cooked? anyone been there and survived? i know its not too bad but i need advice! thanks guys :D

I was wondering this too! I love nandos and it would be a lovely treat! X

theres only about 3.20g of carbs in half a chicken! and same in a 1/4 of a chicken obviously no skin and then i could have a mixed salad as a side (19 cals 115g portion) so all in all not too bad!

Seems too good to be true lol. Worth emailing sns about x

the chicken is cooked on a grill or griddle so pretty healthy !
watch out for the sides though, the peas might be safest best.
take a look at the menu in advance so you can think it through
The Menu | Nando's

Peas are not allowed on slim and save - too high in carbs. At nandos I either have the chicken breast (but only eat half of it) or the mixed leaf salad with chicken. Most of their salads come with dressing on so check that there's no dressing on the one you order. None of the sides are suitable I don't think. I think a quarter of chicken would be close to what you're allowed on SnS rather than a half.

So I could have butterfly chicken breast. No skin, plain. And with a plain side salad? X

Hi, I went to Nandos on Friday nite for my anniversary, and I had plain skinless butterfly chicken breast and a leafy salad. I covered mine in piri piri sauce and I stayed in ketosis, will say I had a funny tummy all nite, Usually spices dont affect me, but something did. But all in All, have the above and coke zero and you should be A OK.

Yum! Nice to know I can have that! X

yup ive had a look online at there menu and im getting 1/4 chicken, with a fino side salad :) its just leaves tomatoes and peppers but ill just pick the tomaros out! but tbh the carbs are the same in both 1/2 and 1/4 chicken! how cool is that? haha sorry im just greedy :D

Really? I would of thought it was more lol xx

nope both have 3.20g i think have a look it tells you all nutrition info! and tbh its only chicken! not exactly going to make you bloat like a pizza would lol

So you could just have the chicken if you didn't like salad lol. Xx

haha ye but you get a free side with your chicken so im having the salad with it! nom nom

I looove nando's always have a medium spiced 1/2 chicken, used to have rice before my s&s days. but just chicken for me now. And spices won't knock you out of ketosis. Just to echo what was said above, peas are one of the most carb loaded vegs so avoid those and corn on the cob, both contain lots of natural sugar, that's why they taste sweet x

Thanks Trim T and huge congrats on making your goal! well done!

I've never had Nandos either but I wanna go now!! Lol xx

haha get to Nando's its the only safeish places for us Slim and save girls!

Back