Nando's help!

hells2012sw

Gold Member
Hi all.

I've offered to take a girl at work to Nandos this week as she loves it and I want to say thank you for a very generous leaving gift she has given me.

Anyway I have no idea what to eat, I don't eat meat and from a quick scan the veggie burgers look really high in syns, thurs is my WI night too, can you order just rice and corn on the cob or do they do salads?

Thanks
Helen

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you look in SW online. In useful features and search nandos or read them all. There's articles on most eateries.
But I've just started to go to nandos, I have
Butterfly chicken skin removed 2? Syns any oil.
Spicy rice 3.5? I think
Macho peas 2.5 I think
Leafy salad free
About 2 syns for a squirt of sauce?

I've synned it under 9 syns and lost weight. First three comes to £10 main and 2 sides. And added £4 salad. I drink coffee. X

I can't get very excited about Nando's either, even though I do like chicken. It certainly is very popular though, always busy!

If youre veggie you can order a large mixed leaf salad and then the rice which is 3 syns and some hallumi which is 3 syns s serving, very filling and the dressings are like 0.5 syns for a tbsp too. Nandos is one of my fave places to eat out on SW as a veggie or meat eater! :)

Skulldilocks said:
If youre veggie you can order a large mixed leaf salad and then the rice which is 3 syns and some hallumi which is 3 syns s serving, very filling and the dressings are like 0.5 syns for a tbsp too. Nandos is one of my fave places to eat out on SW as a veggie or meat eater! :)

Fab thanks, is that using hallumi as a HEA or is it only 3 syns?? Sounds great :)

Thats not as a healthy extra, Im not sure how much you get away with as a HEX A, as I always use mine on milk, enjoy either way and good luck with your WI :) x

I have nandos perhaps once every 2 weeks and it doesn't affect my losses. I tend to have a starter of rep pepper dip with pitta bread (i share this with a friend so only have half the syns and the pitta works out by the time its split at 1/4 pitta bread). then for main I have spicy rice (2.5 syns) with a plain skinless chicken breast in medium sauce(4/5 syns depending on breast size)(not the butterfly chicken as that is higher in fat due to the way its cooked) it does look a bit lonesome on the plate but i find if i tip the rice on then add the chicken on top then drizzle some of the wild herb sauce over it (0.5 syns per tbsp) it reminds me of a very posh meal haha. For drinks I stick to coke zero (0 syns)

hells2012sw said:
Thanks all, I really enjoyed it actually, I had hallumi, spicy rice, corn on the cob and salad, nom nom

That sounds lovely! I used to go to Nandos a lot pre-SW but stopped as the veggie options are not massively SW friendly. This is a brilliant way around that problem!

missy1978 said:
That sounds lovely! I used to go to Nandos a lot pre-SW but stopped as the veggie options are not massively SW friendly. This is a brilliant way around that problem!

I have to say it was really nice, I was pleasantly surprised that it felt like a meal rather than just "what can I have" offerings :)

Back