"Naughty Food meals!"

bilsat

Really likes to cook
Every now & then you get that "pain" for a forbidden meal so what have you had?
last night I had a mixed fruit crumble with custard,I did reduce the sugar level and used skimmed milk but still high in syns! 18 syns each person.........

MixedFruitCrumbleSmall.jpg

bilsat said:
Every now & then you get that "pain" for a forbidden meal so what have you had?
last night I had a mixed fruit crumble with custard,I did reduce the sugar level and used skimmed milk but still high in syns! 18 syns each person.........

That's insanely high! What did you use for it to be so high?

Oooo! That's one of my fav puds :D Crumble would be high in syns cos basically it's butter, sugar and flour with cooked fruit.

You could make an oat crumble (HexB), low fat spread and sweetner but it would still have a fair amount of syns :(

Candygirl69uk said:
Oooo! That's one of my fav puds :D Crumble would be high in syns cos basically it's butter, sugar and flour with cooked fruit.

You could make an oat crumble (HexB), low fat spread and sweetner but it would still have a fair amount of syns :(

I appreciate that, but pete said he'd reduced the sugar levels so was just curious as to what he'd used :)

looks lush, but sure it could be done for many less syns and still taste as good. I have a mega craving for caramel shortbread, but looking at doing it low fat its still gonna be packed full of syns. May wait until I get to my 10% weight loss and create one using low fat spread, sweetener and light condensed milk and have a slice as a treat, then take the rest in work and give away so I can't eat it all!

It was made with 4 heaped tbsp of self raising flour
4syns per tbsp= 16syns
2 tbsp sugar
3syns per tbsp= 6syns
Custard made with skimmed milk
350mL
25mL per syn= 14syns
Total=36syns /2=18 syns each!
I know that I could have lowered the syns but I enjoyed it!!

I

Exactly! And 18 syns on one day is hardly gonna break the syn bank! :confused: Plus you've done so well already to reach target. :) Hope you enjoyed your fabtastic pud Pete! :)

bilsat said:
4syns per tbsp= 16syns
2 tbsp sugar
3syns per tbsp= 6syns
350mL
25mL per syn= 14syns

Wow!! Sounds good. Might try it next time I have a day off

I went out for dinner a couple of weeks ago with friends and had chocolate fudge cake...... I just hate to think.

4syns per tbsp= 16syns
2 tbsp sugar
3syns per tbsp= 6syns
350mL
25mL per syn= 14syns

Sorry Pete, didn't mean to come across as though I was having a go :)

I love crumble and that is just how I would make it, me and hubby are both puddingoholics lol! Trouble is I'm diabetic so I am always trying to find ways to have my fav puds without making my diabetic nurse have a heart attack :)

You've worked so hard to get to target, you should have a treat :)

Ben & Jerry's core sundae, now if I was to fall off the wagon, that would probably be the thing to make me fall with a very big bang :rotflmao:

HI Candygirl69uk.
Dont worry as I didn't think you were having a go at me or the food!
I too am type 2 diabetic but due to loosing all that weight my reading now are almost correct for someone who doesn't have diabetise......
Tomorrow night will tell as it'e weigh-in!
I need to put 4lbs ON to get back to target..........
Also it's the first time I have had a crumble since April 2011!

That is awesome, that's what I'm aiming for, too, sick of rattling from all the tablets they keep giving me lol! And you should definitely be eating crumble if you've got weight to put ON!!!! :WOW: That must feel fantastic, can't remember how long it's been since I was like that, probably 25 years or more lol!

Can you believe it! I maintained again this week! 3 weeks the same, now having to pay again as I have gone past my Target (again)..............

Back