nearly fell of the wagon, need some support

perseph0ne

I am feeling rough again this morning; struggling a bit. I was sooooo hungry and am thinking about food constantly. Since having me second shake I feel somewhat better, but it's a bit iffy. I really really want to do this. My husband was brilliant and told me that he thinks I'm strong enough to do this, and to keep my goals in sight, but all I can think about is real food. I might have to have a solid food dinner (200kcal) instead of a fourth shake today, just to keep me on the straight and narrow. I don't know how you guys on SS (three shakes) do it - you have my greatest respect.

Can I have some encouragement? <sounds so pathetic and needy!>

Edited to add: I'm on day 6 of SS+, and have been in ketosis since day 3.

You can do it hunni, if you have your 200cal meal tonight you will be fine hun, we all have to listen to our bodies from time to time hun.xx just thinl of your WI.xx well done your 1st week is nearly up.xx

Hi P
I am doing the CD810 plan. I really like my food and know i would struggle on just the shakes.I have decided to stay at 810 for a month and see what my weight loss is like then move down the plan slowly.Think if its the difference between staying on CD or not it may be worth you doing wither ss+ or 810 - Why not talk to your CDC. Chin up we are all here for you keep posting hun XXX :hug99::hug99:

Hang in there hun, the feelings will pass and you have done so well to come this far. It will get easier and those voices will quieten down.

You CAN do this, you ARE doing this!

xx

you are doing really well honey. i think you are right to have an ss+ day and see how you go. like big bird says, 810 is also an option. i've just started doing that and the weight losses should be almost the same and it does help having a little bit of food on an evening.

good luck babes. the first week is nearly over. keep it up!! you are stronger than you think!!

abz xx

Have you tried splitting your packs and having six mini meals spaced out through the day or even doing it with one or two if it is not convenient as it can help.

Just need to remember to make each half up fresh.

Love Mini xxx

I'm on day 6 of SS+, and have been in ketosis since day 3.

I'm exactly the same place as you are - And having a *real* meal last night was just what I needed. Back to 4 shakes again today, and it is easier now that I know I can eat solids and didn't wig out.

Try it and see.

Thank you Big Bird,Porgeous, abz :hug99:

I think it might be the bank holiday that's getting to me actually; at work I'm distracted and can quite easily glance at the clock and be surprised that a couple of hours have gone by but on weekends I quite often graze most of the day.

Big Bird - I love my food too - I mean obviously we all do or we wouldn't have found ourselves in this position in the first place, but I usually eat pretty healthily -just larger quantities and too many treats - and the fact the shakes seem quite artificial to me, means I'm aching for good quality pure food - even olive oil in a small amount of salad dressing. [stop! must stop thinking about it...] I will see how I go at my WI - actually on Wednesday as my day 1 was only half a day, and consider swapping to 810 if I'm still struggling. Better 810 than off the wagon altogether I think. That would be too easy and I'd feel dreadful.

Thanks all so much; you're wonderful.

Mini - I think I'll split the packs next weekend - seems sensible. This week I found it so easy but the weekend has been tough. Thanks, that's good advice. :)

Shadaca - thank you. off to search for your posts now to see how you've been getting on. I'm glad it was the right thing for you to do.:)

Hi P
When is your 1st WI in ??
Wednesday lunchtime. i'm quite excited about it actually. Just need to keep focussed on that mini goal and not think too hard about how long it's going to take.;)

This afternoon was hellish. I nearly packed it in. It just feels like a bonkers diet and I was/am having some serious thoughts about whether this is the right thing for me in the short and in the long term. I have been feeling so obsessive about food, and quite helpless about the power it has over me. My husband has been wonderful - he had been feeling quite optimistic that this was the right thing as I'd been so positive up until now - and to see me in tears was quite hard for him I think. He told me he'd be disappointed if I gave up now, which was hard to hear. Not disappointed in me, more disappointed that this might not be the solution. He also admitted that my eating issues are a big reason that he's not keen to have a third child. If it were a girl he'd be afraid she'd inherit all my weird issues about food (yoyoing etc). (We currently have two boys; I appreciate they're not immune from eating problems, but certainly they're less vulnerable I think.)

Anyway for the moment, I'm going to stick to SS+, until my next weigh in. I think it's fairly likely at the moment that I might change to 810 or even the next one up - we'll see.

Thanks for the support so far.

im sorry your feeling down and while i know your husband supports you you have to do whats right for you in the long run . i found i just couldnt stick to the vlcd and i just resigned myself that for me personally i have to do it the slower way . in no way am i saying thats what you should do as you only have to look at these posts to know some people manage and do fab on them but you have to think long and hard and pik something you know you can stik to good luk with whatever plan you do lesley xx

Update: I had a SS+ protein dinner - large plate of baby spinach with a small amount of balsamic vinegar (I know the bv is probably not exactly right, but it was that or fall off completely), and some quorn dry fried in a small amount of cajun seasoning (ditto cajun seasoning). It was bloody lovely and I feel really full now.

I think I can do SS+ if I incorporate a 200kcal meal each day.
<phew>

This is a bit of a rollercoaster isn't it?

well done hunni.xx hope you feel better tomorrow and wait until your 1st WI and im sure you will get the boost you need.xx

im sorry your feeling down and while i know your husband supports you you have to do whats right for you in the long run . i found i just couldnt stick to the vlcd and i just resigned myself that for me personally i have to do it the slower way . in no way am i saying thats what you should do as you only have to look at these posts to know some people manage and do fab on them but you have to think long and hard and pik something you know you can stik to good luk with whatever plan you do lesley xx

Thanks Lesley. I'm going to take it one day at a time. If SS+ is too hard, I can go onto the 100kcal CD programme or even back to WW style eating (I successfully got to target before on WW). Best of luck on your journey (then you'll be able to change your name!).

well done hunni.xx hope you feel better tomorrow and wait until your 1st WI and im sure you will get the boost you need.xx
I'm back at work tomorrow and I think that will make things easier.
Thanks for your support.
x

Glad to see you got through it. It seems we all have one evil horrible day in week 1. We'll get through it!!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be much better for you, and you'll see the benefits again.

Back