Need 2change user name to BNS!

Veggie Dieter

Silver Member
Is it possible to o. d. on BNS ;) i've had it again tonight for tea - deeeeeeevine.

I've also found that if you just use a good peeler on it 2 or 3 times its so much easier to peel than the way I used to.

Something that I love and has no point value - perfect. Hopefully this will keep me on track as it certainly fills me up. Good luck everyone.

I drive 4 miles to Tesco yesterday to get some pre cut BNS. Imagine my face when the shelf was empty. :mad::(:confused::eek:

I HATE peeling and chopping and BNS is surely the worst.

What sort of peeler do you use?

Tesco do precut BNS? Genius...

Yes! I'm sure other supermarkets do too. It's about a quid a bag so miles dearer but worth it in my eyes.

Although I've just looked online and can't seem to see it :confused:

It would be totally worth it though. Can't count the amount of times I've cut myself peeling BNS. One of my favourite things is BNS baked with a bit of feta crumbled on the top. Luuuuuush. :D

I drive 4 miles to Tesco yesterday to get some pre cut BNS. Imagine my face when the shelf was empty. :mad::(:confused::eek:

I HATE peeling and chopping and BNS is surely the worst.

What sort of peeler do you use?

I used to cut the skin off with a knife like you would a swede but then tried it with a potato peeler and it is soooo easy - can't believe i've not been doing it this way for years. The one i've got has a handle and at the end it had a blade which is horizontal, not the vertical type - it takes the skin off much easier. I just when over the bns 3 times, dead easy. Hope that helps.

It would be totally worth it though. Can't count the amount of times I've cut myself peeling BNS. One of my favourite things is BNS baked with a bit of feta crumbled on the top. Luuuuuush. :D

Ooo that sound lovely - whats the point value in feta?

Ooo that sound lovely - whats the point value in feta?

40g is three points but since there's no points in the BNS I tend to have 2 portions...:eek: And a sprinkle of mixed herbs. Soo good and for me is a full meal. :)

you do know you can eat the skin so you dont really have to peel it

lol, i was about to say the same thing!
I only peel it for mash now. Had some lush BNS chips, quiche and salad tonight for 10pp which kept me happy. Not the same as real chips, but tasty all the same!

If you cut BNS in half longways and then slice it in thick slices it is very easy to peel. I have tried making soup with the skin on but texture a bit rougher. I use a left handed peeler so not good for most of you I expect.

Back