need a chocolate substitute

helzzz

loves SW!!
Hi all,

I've given up chocolate for lent and found that I'm doing really well weight loss wise (4lbs in 3 weeks which is really good for me).

The problem is that I'm REALLY craving chocolate - I don't know why, it's not normallly been this hard when I've done it in the past. Often I'll have chocolate as a mid afternoon snack or an evening treat after my tea and I'm finding that I'm really missing those.

Has anyone got any suggestions for things I could eat instead that are low syn but sweet enough to settle my cravings?

Thanks

I find that coffee and something syn free but sweet helps, whether its cereal, muller light or just sweetner in your coffee, i've had those cravings before, also going for a walk i find helps too x

also well done on your losses, i have to have chocolate once a week to keep me going so i know how tough it can be

When I need a sugar fix, try having a can of coke zero, which is free...OR have a Highlights Hot Choco sachet. They come in loads of different choc flavours and I think they're like 2 syns each? But make them with hot water instead of milk unless you're using that as your HEXA!

Try a teaspoon of Golden syrup, only 1 syn and it's a huge sweet hit!

OR have a Highlights Hot Choco sachet. They come in loads of different choc flavours and I think they're like 2 syns each?

OP's given up chocolate for Lent, so probably not the best of ideas! Lol, blonde moment? :p x

But it's the flavour, I wouldn't class that as real chocolate ;)

It's still chocolate, it contains cocoa powder. Just because it's not in a bar form doesn't mean it's not chocolate :8855:

On a spoon and into your mouth! :D

Sometimes I dont use the spoon as you now get syrup in bottles!!! Only when I am not watching what I am eating though or extremely stressed out. If this doesnt work try condensed milk - yummy :drool:

I haven't had iced gems for years! Might have to get me some ;)

Back