Need a kick up the backside !!

Fatladyslim

Hi guys

i'm finding it really hard to get myself motivated, I was 7lb away from target then got pregnant with my son (now 13 mth old) and during my pregnancy I ate anything and everything so am now 4 STONE HEAVIER :eek: . I've joined SW online but started off ok then it went downhill...... So now 3 months later I'm only about 6lb lighter. So I've signed up for another 3 months to try again but I'm still struggling.

i did go to group before but only got weighed and left and I don't want to go back cos I just feel a big fat pig now, it's getting me down I'm avoiding doing things, we've got 2 family/friends parties coming up and I'm refusing to go cos of my size if I see people I know I avoid them, I even avoided my own cousin last week cos I know everyone will be thinking omg look at all the weight she's put on. I've got relatives coming over from the US next week and I'm dreading that (can't avoid that one) I just hate what I've become :mad:

How about attending a different group? And making sure you stay to class it makes a difference...to me anyways x

Hi guys

i'm finding it really hard to get myself motivated, I was 7lb away from target then got pregnant with my son (now 13 mth old) and during my pregnancy I ate anything and everything so am now 4 STONE HEAVIER :eek: . I've joined SW online but started off ok then it went downhill...... So now 3 months later I'm only about 6lb lighter. So I've signed up for another 3 months to try again but I'm still struggling.

i did go to group before but only got weighed and left and I don't want to go back cos I just feel a big fat pig now, it's getting me down I'm avoiding doing things, we've got 2 family/friends parties coming up and I'm refusing to go cos of my size if I see people I know I avoid them, I even avoided my own cousin last week cos I know everyone will be thinking omg look at all the weight she's put on. I've got relatives coming over from the US next week and I'm dreading that (can't avoid that one) I just hate what I've become :mad:

Now, no need for the harsh self-criticism xx
I am also a restarter and fell off the bandwagon two years ago. But, that's not relevant now, the important thing is I got back onto SW. For me, the online membership doesn't work as I am too weak :eek: , I need to be weighed by others and I force myself to stay for the group (which I not always enjoy, but helps me to stay on track).
You are on the right track, don't beat yourself up anymore, the past cannot be changed, focus on the future and on the goals you've set yourself. With regards to your upcoming visitors, I am convinced they are keen to see you and will not judge you on potential excess weight, I can pretty much reassure you that their thoughts will not be "OMG hasn't she put on weight?" It may be more on the lines of "OMG why is she so unhappy at the moment?" xx
Good luck with your weight loss, you've done it before, you'll do it again :)

staying to group has really helped me and my mum in 12 weeks mum lost 2 stone and i lost a little under 1 and a half stone, you can do it just find a group where you dont feel like an outsider x

Going to group definitely helps. Everytime i have left a group to try and do it by myself or because i was pregnant it all went downhill for me so this is why at 35 weeks pregnant i still attend group. I cant say i am losing weight but i am pregnant and will hopefully start losing weight once baby is here x

Thanks for the replies peeps, this time round seems a lot harder, it's now starting to affect other parts of my life especially my relationship, I snap at him, accuse him off staring at other women skinny ones!! And generally make his life hell.... This is supposed to be a nice time for us with a young child but its the total opposite, it just seems that my weight is affecting everything (or seems that way)

Thanks for the replies peeps, this time round seems a lot harder, it's now starting to affect other parts of my life especially my relationship, I snap at him, accuse him off staring at other women skinny ones!! And generally make his life hell.... This is supposed to be a nice time for us with a young child but its the total opposite, it just seems that my weight is affecting everything (or seems that way)

Hun i know how you feel, i was the same with my husband but once the weight started to fall off i gained my confidence back and our relationship grew a lot stronger and is still despite putting on weight during pregnancy. Take each day as it comes and if you can try and join a group, i rejoined my one 3 times and believe me there are many people that leave and come back, everyone is in the same boat x

Thanks safia I'm glad that you and your husband got back on track hopefully we will too, I feel so ashamed that I let myself go and get heavier than when I flaming started , I know I felt 100% better when I lost the weight before although still had issues and usually got upset when I hadn't lost any weight, just got to get started....
hope your enjoying your pregnancy

Taking that first step is the hardest but once you start you will feel better like you did before. Also my trick was to go online and look at things that i would want to wear once i got to target and i also went through my wardrobe and found clothes that didnt fit me and would try them on every half stone i lost, eventually i started fitting into them which really spurred me on. Pregnancy has been good but now i'm feeling it x

Taking that first step is the hardest but once you start you will feel better like you did before. Also my trick was to go online and look at things that i would want to wear once i got to target and i also went through my wardrobe and found clothes that didnt fit me and would try them on every half stone i lost, eventually i started fitting into them which really spurred me on. Pregnancy has been good but now i'm feeling it x

Yeah I know what you mean about feeling it I couldn't stand for long in the last few months (although it did get the other half ironing lol)

And regarding the clothes I've got loads of skinny jeans and dresses etc that I wore the last time I lost weight but they're all stored at the in laws I can't bear to see em it just makes me want to cry !!

Hun think of it in this way, if you dont take action now and just dwell on it will get worse wont it. Take that first step and you will soon fit into those clothes. I never thought i could fit into those clothes that i did fit into and will have to again lose weight to fit into but i did it and will do it again. We are all here to support you give you that boost that you may need x

Yeah I know what you mean about feeling it I couldn't stand for long in the last few months (although it did get the other half ironing lol)

And regarding the clothes I've got loads of skinny jeans and dresses etc that I wore the last time I lost weight but they're all stored at the in laws I can't bear to see em it just makes me want to cry !!

I really think you're putting far too much pressure on yourself, hun. Relax, stick to your plan and the weight WILL come off.
Your baby is still little and maybe your body is still adjusting the hormone levels. Pregnancy (and breastfeeding?) is obviously a huge thing for the female body and (thankfully) we are all different in "getting over" hormonal stresses.
Grant yourself the same patience and good advice you would give to your best friend xx

Well after all your encouraging words I think I'm ready to start again...fingers crossed I stick to it lol

Back