need a little advice please ladies

Natsmi

Hi everyone!!

Ive been reading through all the diaries and its been a real boost for me!! Ive been on xenical for 3 weeks now and slowly getting weight off. I will be the first to admit I have not followed the rules on many occasions!! I seem to have a good day then bad day i def am an emotional eater!
You think Id learn as I tend to then go on and have horrible tango days! But no more!
I am back to the rules once more and determined to stick at it! I still do find it very confusing, I get the 5g rule but find it hard working out how many grams of fat are in my home cooked meals!?!?

Typical day for me
Small portion of branflakes with a little skimmed milk
Omelette made with low cal spray 2 eggs and ham for lunch
Dinner tends to be like baked spuds, or stirfry or just meat/chicken and veggies
For my snacks I have cereal bars (according to the 5g rule) and snack a jacks

Edited to add I also snack on fruit prob 3 or 4 pieces a day

Now I have tried my fitness pal and my meals dont seem as many as 15g fat each does this sound right??
And snacks under 5g per 100g how many can i have??

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:
Re snacks i have a couple asda vitality bars or dried apricots or tinned fruit

Re working out fat on home cooked look up my fitness pal.com and input it all as a meal on their

Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

For snacks- it's not a case of how many can you have it's whether it not you have the fat allowance left for them.

You have 45 g of fat per day so if you are using my fitness pal then it will also give you s calorie allowance to aim for as well. Counting calories isn't stipulated as a 'must do ' on xenical but it makes sense if you want to try and start eating correct portions and food amounts.

Obviously how you choose to use your fat (and calories) is up to you.

I use mfp and put in my main 3 meals each day then whatever I've got left I know I can use for snacks if I want to.

I cook all my meals from scratch so I use the create recipe section in mfp to give me the fat in my homemade meals or I just add it all as separate foods which is also ok. It's just easier to create a recipe for future use if it's something you eat often.

Good luck. You'll sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back